Our 'Resident Beauty Expert' in the Daily Mail

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe she'll make an announcement of Founders' Day that after 25 years as 'your resident beauty expert' that it's time for her to bow out and move to pastures new. Avon calling?

There is an anti ageing type feature in this month's Woman & Home mag.....had a quick flick through whilst in the supermarket :wink:

Lots of beauty writers and 'experts' were choosing their favourite beauty products.

Ay is in there, her favourite?......PCMC.

I wanted to write the word BUNG! here on it's own but the system forbids less than 10 characters?????!!!! WTF?? I love the succinct...

She is about 5 years too late. She is so behind the times and Q missed a trick with her, she should of been y tubing and Instagraming for years.
They had to get will I am to show her the ropes.:mysmilie_11:
I would rather get Jerome Alexander to apply my make-up than her.
On the teeth subject if I had her money I would get mine done, like Michelle Mone a complete makeover.

Watch out - you may end up looking like the daughter.....or is that a look you aspire to?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see again, the resident beauty expert won't smile because of her teeth. I'm not knocking wonky teeth don't get me wrong, not in the slightest, but you wouldn't get a hair cut by a hairdresser with a bad hair cut, or get your nails done by a nail technician whose nails are bitten to the quick so what I mean is, her she is, the face of beauty yet the unable to smile because she doesn't like her teeth.
Wonder why she doesn't get them fixed surely she can afford it!

Wonder why she doesn't get them fixed surely she can afford it!

She could either be terrified of the dentist (aren't most of us) of thinks what the heck, why bother, it's not exactly hurting her career so she may as well keep the money for, maybe a new wardrobe or some fashion advice, but then again, having awful dress sense isn't hurting her career either.

Articles like this annoy me because I can't believe that women are so clueless. Geraldine Bedell is a novelist & looks to be in her fifties so why can't a mature & presumably intelligent woman understand what a drawing of an opened jar with a number & letter means? I assume the seven things were AY's choice of product rather than brand. It was all a bit of a mish-mash because there was also the following advice - 'Alison suggests keeping your five products in your eyeline, preferably on a lovely plate or a slate placemat'. Which two don't make the piece of slate?

I wouldn't be surprised if AY is ready to move on because no one in the beauty industry stall warts for 25 years, they all move on, she's been in more magazines lately than she ever has in 25 years at QVC, I just don't get it though, all the movers and shakers she must've met over the years and not one person has offered her a prestigious position in the industry, which makes me think they only see her a shop assistant, which is what she is, mind you I suppose "working" three or four hours a week is a bigger pull.

Articles like this annoy me because I can't believe that women are so clueless. Geraldine Bedell is a novelist & looks to be in her fifties so why can't a mature & presumably intelligent woman understand what a drawing of an opened jar with a number & letter means? I assume the seven things were AY's choice of product rather than brand. It was all a bit of a mish-mash because there was also the following advice - 'Alison suggests keeping your five products in your eyeline, preferably on a lovely plate or a slate placemat'. Which two don't make the piece of slate?

Now this without a doubt is a plug for QVC and some of the overpriced plates they sale. On the Caroline Hirons group on Facebook quite a few have been buy the stands that spin round for storing their beauty products.

Latest posts

Back