Returns period

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I know IW allow 14 days from receipt to return items but I'm not sure how long their delivery time is. For an item ordered on August 21st, what would the latest return date be to claim back P&P? I worked it out as Friday 7th Sept, is that correct? Thanks :D

If it's 14 working days I reckon the 7th would be day 12 (taking out the weekends and August Bank Holiday). If the 14 days is counted from delivery rather than the day the order was placed you'd have a few extra days to cancel under the CC regs: "Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations your right to cancel an order starts the moment you place it and doesn't end until 14 days have passed from the day your goods were delivered to you, your nominated neighbour or your dedicated safe place". (copied from Which?)" (14 days to cancel - IW also requires the return with 14 days of receipt which is confusing)

I think the old DS Regs counted from the order date but the new CC regs counts from delivery, so if you have a tracking email or can remember the date it was delivered you might have more leeway. - Worth checking this as I'm not completely sure. I'd just fire off the email and I doubt they'd quibble if it's close to the time frame; certainly QVC don't seem to check when I've gone a day or two over. Any longer after the 14 days you could say you "haven't had a reply to your email of dd/mm/yy so you're resending your notice of cancellation.." but you didn't hear that from me. :mysmilie_59:

Ideal World were in the consumer complaints column in The Sun (On Sunday) newspaper a few weeks ago with someone asking the same question.

Apparently your consumer rights trump those of Ideal Worlds return policy. And the complainant got a refund after that interventation.

Latest posts

Back