Tova Borgnine is driving me nuts!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

She was talking about the Angela Lansbury piece and referring to AL in the past tense. Someone must have whispered in her ear piece and she immediately said she now lives in Ireland and is 89, maybe 90 (AL is 93 in just over a month).

I always get the impression Tova has been over indulging on the first class complimentary drinks on the transatlantic flight over and tops herself up with some champers in the green room, between shows.
    Last edited by Dame Fondacox; 04-09-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    She (Tova) has come a long way, baby. She is Norwegian and was scooped up by Ernest Borgnine when she was his makeup artist- many moons ago. She has a high end beauty clinic in Los Angeles and is now very rich. You go girl! (Her war stories are so boring, but her jewelry is pretty.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ERICS MUM View Post
    Tova’s probably sits on a head-shaped display stand overnight.
    I kept having nightmares about Dr Who Cybermen as a kid. It occurred to my mum that it might have been the wig stand on the chest of drawers triggering them so she put it in her room instead. No more nightmares.

Wonder if I'll have bizarre dreams about Tova and Cybermen tonight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ERICS MUM View Post
    Perhaps she’s sold her perfume and cosmetics line to Estee Lauder and is now just their front-woman ? She wouldn’t be the first.
    It was bought by QVC some years back. Then the complaints about how the perfume was not the same and the makeup and skin care discontinued. On QVC US forum someone got the chance to try the new Signature and said it was awful and nothing like the original.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    She (Tova) has come a long way, baby. She is Norwegian and was scooped up by Ernest Borgnine when she was his makeup artist- many moons ago. She has a high end beauty clinic in Los Angeles and is now very rich. You go girl! (Her war stories are so boring, but her jewelry is pretty.)
    You do have to hand it to her, wasn't she something like his 5th and final wife? I didn't realise they met through work - I had this fantasy that they were at a champagne reception with guests including international royalty and Hollywood greats and when their eyes met across a crowded room, the universe came crashing down around them and they realised they were each other's forever love.
    Likes donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dame Fondacox View Post
    She was talking about the Angela Lansbury piece and referring to AL in the past tense. Someone must have whispered in her ear piece and she immediately said she now lives in Ireland and is 89, maybe 90 (AL is 93 in just over a month).

I always get the impression Tova has been over indulging on the first class complimentary drinks on the transatlantic flight over and tops herself up with some champers in the green room, between shows.
    I can't stand the dreadful old hag. Deigning to come on to QVCUK to shill her tat, letting us plebs have a litle peep into her (rather bizarre) world.
    Likes SisterBliss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, its either makeup or jewellery that are cash cow hobby's for the elderly ...... Joan Rivers, Tova, Joan Collins, Lulu / and the not quite elderly yet.. Michelle Moaning, Kelly Hoppen, Linda Lusardi.
    Likes Craftalot liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realise Ernie's been gone for 6 years now. I wonder if she has a new man in her life or is dating? Perhaps I should phone and volunteer to be a t-caller and ask her?

Post Thanks / Like

They do not do T Callers now(oh the wonder of never knowing what they would suddenly come out with ), you have to tweet in. So, of course, they can filler out what they don't want the guest or the public to know.

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    They do not do T Callers now(oh the wonder of never knowing what they would suddenly come out with ), you have to tweet in. So, of course, they can filler out what they don't want the guest or the public to know.
    Do you remember back in the day those cringey T callers who'd wet themselves with excitement over whatever crappy old product they'd been put through to the studio to gush over. And you could hear that they considered the presenter to be a true friend and would start telling them how much they loved watching them and 'I've bought all the stuff you've ever recommended' etc.

Buttock-clenching.
    Likes donna255 , Silver Fox liked this post