Basket-hogging!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Often these days presenters make reference to the fact that people need to confirm their order within 30 minutes or their item will go back into stock. What are your thoughts on this? What are your experiences? Has something "sold out" only for it to become miraculously available some 30 minutes later? Do you, like me, think it is not polite to hold onto an item for 30 minutes, thereby possibly preventing someone from buying it? Do you ever put something in your basket when you're undecided?

Yes to all except feeling guilty. If the presenters would stop telling us about their personal life, using the iPad and generally talking sh&&&, the camera on anything except the item, the not knowing what colour “we’re calling this ....” we could make the decision much more quickly.

For a while is was only 20 minutes and within that time slot you would be lucky to know anything of importance.

I think it's perfectly sensible to put the item in your basket and do your research. Relying on anyone on air to provide timely, relevant and useful information to assist in a sales decision is a long abandoned concept. Frankly it's worth messing with their heads by putting massive quantities in your basket then doing nothing with it all and watch the presenters practically frothing at the mouth.

I've got many things that have come back into stock, including a heavy solid gold belcher chain for £1000 in a BCC event, it was extremely good value

I think it's perfectly sensible to put the item in your basket and do your research. Relying on anyone on air to provide timely, relevant and useful information to assist in a sales decision is a long abandoned concept. Frankly it's worth messing with their heads by putting massive quantities in your basket then doing nothing with it all and watch the presenters practically frothing at the mouth.

What a great idea.......

What a great idea.......

I must admit the thought of this did make me giggle! Now people are basket-hogging items they don't necessarily go on to buy, it rather changes the dynamics of things. Only confirmed orders will be of comfort to the TV salespeople. Imagine them hyperventilating as thousands of "reserved" items ping back into stock - when they've moved on to touting something else!

I just love the idea of the idiots mentally spending their sales commission only to find that hundreds of items have popped out of the baskets.

Here’s an idea. Why don’t we decide on an item on a particular show and all put multiples in our baskets, then ‘walk away’. Do it 29 minutes into the show so that they all pop back out just before the show ends.

On second thoughts that would be very mean to people who really wanted to buy it.

Here’s an idea. Why don’t we decide on an item on a particular show and all put multiples in our baskets, then ‘walk away’. Do it 29 minutes into the show so that they all pop back out just before the show ends.

On second thoughts that would be very mean to people who really wanted to buy it.

It might be doing them a favour.

It wouldn't be too bad if it were for K. Hoppen or R. Jackson. Imagine her lemon-sour face turning ever more sour as it dawns that she's lost "a few thou" from her dreary grey bedspreads having pinged out of of baskets "en masse." She may even question whether it was worth putting in a telly appearance when those low-life ordinary folk fail to love her dull offerings.

On second thoughts, perhaps such a rebellious act would only upset QVC and incline them to close accounts, then one would not be able to buy anything.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be too bad if it were for K. Hoppen or R. Jackson. Imagine her lemon-sour face turning ever more sour as it dawns that she's lost "a few thou" from her dreary grey bedspreads having pinged out of of baskets "en masse." She may even question whether it was worth putting in a telly appearance when those low-life ordinary folk fail to love her dull offerings.

On second thoughts, perhaps such a rebellious act would only upset QVC and incline them to close accounts, then one would not be able to buy anything.

I don't think that's in their ts and cs but it would "out" people as non kool-aid drinkers...

I just love the idea of the idiots mentally spending their sales commission only to find that hundreds of items have popped out of the baskets.

It's kind of like a new sort of trolling - especially made for qvc!

Something expensive - the Dyson hairdryer........

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeaaaaaaah the Dyson - great idea ! We could all put 5 each into our baskets, and then wait for the last minute before cancelling, or let the system cancel it for us.

Yes, the hairdryer. Poor old Abby would lose her commission and wouldn't be able to buy any more hideous jumpers.

CC

Yeaaaaaaah the Dyson - great idea ! We could all put 5 each into our baskets, and then wait for the last minute before cancelling, or let the system cancel it for us.

Then we could say it was one for each of the teachers, lollipop lady but we changed our mind because there wasn’t something of equal value for the male caretaker!

Latest posts

Back