Skirts and trainers? Quirky and edgy or fashion faux-pas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Did anyone see Katy Pullinger recently sporting New Balance trainers with a black pleated skirt? I'm all for people expressing their individuality but isn't this particular combo taking the whole mix 'n match thing a bit too far? In my view it looks awful. Katy Pullinger looked more like what Katy Perry would look like if she blindfoldedly selected items of clothing from the railings of a charity shop. I'm of the view that a co-ordinated look makes for a more elegant look, and that trainers and skirts is rather unfetching - particularly for a TV presenter on a fashion show.

What combos / outfits do you particularly hate / love? I'm not keen on women wearing men's suits (very Victoria Wood / Annie Lennox) or men wearing women's jeans.

Did anyone see Katy Pullinger recently sporting New Balance trainers with a black pleated skirt? I'm all for people expressing their individuality but isn't this particular combo taking the whole mix 'n match thing a bit too far? In my view it looks awful. Katy Pullinger looked more like what Katy Perry would look like if she blindfoldedly selected items of clothing from the railings of a charity shop. I'm of the view that a co-ordinated look makes for a more elegant look, and that trainers and skirts is rather unfetching - particularly for a TV presenter on a fashion show.

What combos / outfits do you particularly hate / love? I'm not keen on women wearing men's suits (very Victoria Wood / Annie Lennox) or men wearing women's jeans.

KP has awful taste in shoes. That seems to be a thing with QVC presenters. Julia and ghastly toe posts, Debs and horrid white peeptoe wedges... Jill and her clodhopping high heel with platforms, now Katy with peep toe boots and umpteen other inappropriate footwear choices.

Hello again, you're back! :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

Tights worn with open-toed sandals, especially if they are of the “reinforced toe” variety.

The trainers and skirts have been going for a long time, usually, the younger twenty-somethings or tweens who started it a few years back. The trainers have to be a designer and never every scruffy though.

Eilidh is currently rocking a Kimmy jumpsuit with hideous shoe boot things. At front they look a bit cowboy boot. Side on you see a high heel but an open heel. An atrocious look.

My late Mum was a fashion-plate in her 20’s before WW2, she said she spent all her money on clothes from a posh shop. She still wore them in the 1950’s when we were toddlers, I always remember she and Dad getting dressed up to go out.

Anyway, my long winded way of saying that Mum always looked at a person’s shoes first - she used to say that shoes made an outfit. I think she might have been right. She also had a box full of 1930’s and 40’s ‘costume jewellery’. Some fab pieces that sadly disappeared over the years.

Men not wearing socks when wearing 'proper' shoes.

Men who wear football shirts and calf length 'shorts'.

The current fashion for men to wear their hair with very short sides and long on top - like old men in the 1950's.

Tattoos and facial piercings on everybody.

Heavily pregnant ladies showing their bare bump, and not wearing tops long enough to cover it.

Fat women who wear clothes too small for them (same as above really but not pregnant)

Skinny jeans/trousers that wrinkle around the knees.

AND FINALLY .......

however have we reached the stage when dressing casually is ok when attending a wedding ?????

Leggings- ok for the young and cellulite free, and those under 12, but the worst possible look when you can see through them or worn without a bum coverer top!

Anything at all with a shark bite hem.

Tops emblazened with a sparkly Eiffel Tower etc

Men in vests.

Spray on skinny jeans rolled up worn with with loafers and no socks-always makes me want to laugh.

Couples who wear the same coat/fleece

Men not wearing socks when wearing 'proper' shoes.

Men who wear football shirts and calf length 'shorts'.

The current fashion for men to wear their hair with very short sides and long on top - like old men in the 1950's.

Tattoos and facial piercings on everybody.

Heavily pregnant ladies showing their bare bump, and not wearing tops long enough to cover it.

Fat women who wear clothes too small for them (same as above really but not pregnant)

Skinny jeans/trousers that wrinkle around the knees.

AND FINALLY .......

however have we reached the stage when dressing casually is ok when attending a wedding ?????

Oh I agree with all of the above. How about dressing casually for afternoon tea at the Raffles Hotel (when there is a clear dress code when you book your tickets). Mr CC took dress shoes halfway round the world (worn once), we got all togged up and then they let in people with T shirts and flip flops. Appalled? Yes. Snob? Probably.

Trainers and skirts are for teenagers only.

CC

Latest posts

Back