That new QVC cooking guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I'm not sure what to make of him. His permanent grinning rictus seemed a little faux. Still he was better than Andi Peters and the awful Lee Hohbein.

They are doing a slot called the weekend kitchen. I will say it's an improvement over the insufferable Andi Peters shows, and perfect for the lead up to Christmas. One of their smarter moves.

QVC need to dump Andi Peters, he's become a pain in the jacksie. Must be some better people out there that can be entertaining and informative about the food. He was quite funny at the start but now he just railroads the shows and I turn off.

CC

QVC need to dump Andi Peters, he's become a pain in the jacksie. Must be some better people out there that can be entertaining and informative about the food. He was quite funny at the start but now he just railroads the shows and I turn off.

CC

Yes, I think next to Kelly Hoppen, Andi Peters has to be the next most awful guest.

CC

There's no "become" about it! Right from the trailer before his first live show he came across as a PITA.

I couldn’t watch the Little prat but those on arsebook luvvvv him especially when on with Dale.

Just goes to show - we ofcourse have a bit of taste and sense.

All the QVC food programmes are deeply distasteful. So vastly overpriced for so very little, with all the fake 'oohs' and 'aahs' like it's really something special. It's entirely Emperor's New Clothes for me.

I volunteer at our local food bank and know how some folk genuinely worry that they won't be able to get to the end of the week and still feed their families the very basics. Thus, to watch some stupid vapid woman bleating on about how a few small packets of popcorn is worth getting on for £20 is, frankly, obscene and makes me hate all this consumer 'buy more, more more, consume more, buy more' crap that QVC feeds us.

All the QVC food programmes are deeply distasteful. So vastly overpriced for so very little, with all the fake 'oohs' and 'aahs' like it's really something special. It's entirely Emperor's New Clothes for me.

I volunteer at our local food bank and know how some folk genuinely worry that they won't be able to get to the end of the week and still feed their families the very basics. Thus, to watch some stupid vapid woman bleating on about how a few small packets of popcorn is worth getting on for £20 is, frankly, obscene and makes me hate all this consumer 'buy more, more more, consume more, buy more' crap that QVC feeds us.

Your comments could apply to many of the items sold on QVC. Todays's TSV at just under £76 for a few skincare items is crazy.

Do you mean the one with the moustache who I'm sure appeared in a soap powder advert?

Think his name is Simon?

Lock and Lock wasn't on QVC for a few years and when it came back it was Simon Brown doing it, no sign of Malcolm.

Yes remember his name now, is he still at QVC?

Last edited by a moderator:

I completely agree with you, Craft. Near where I live there is a guy who lives in the local telephone box (I kid you not). His presence used to annoy me - not so much that he is here, but that he's taken over the telephone box, but over time I've come to learn more about him as we always have a chat every time I pass by. His name is Bekram and he is from Nepal. A former drug addict, he has been cut off by his family, some of whom live here in the UK. Some of the things he has gone through over the last 12 years are quite astonishing, as are the things he still endures on a daily basis. It's so completely at the other end of spectrum to what QVC ideally want us to believe. I don't think many people out there really believe that £20 for a bit of popcorn and salted caramel is really good value.

Latest posts

Back