5 4 U Promo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
They've definitely changed the voice-over on this advert (you know, the one where a finger is scrolling over a load of items, tapping them and making an annoying kissing sound and heart symbol appear). The new voice-over lady has a much lower voice and is far less annoying than the original who had a very immature and patronising "I'm smiling while I'm talking" voice. Has anyone else noticed? It seems QVC do respond to feedback on things.

The promo clip that I find really annoying is where they say ‘and it’s all tacky lotions & potions’ ‘ brands you have never heard of’etc.—-words to that effect!The reason it is clearly an attempt at some sort of regional accent but never never land and I certainly hope not with a Northerly direction.

The promo clip that I find really annoying is where they say ‘and it’s all tacky lotions & potions’ ‘ brands you have never heard of’etc.—-words to that effect!The reason it is clearly an attempt at some sort of regional accent but never never land and I certainly hope not with a Northerly direction.

Yes, I know what you mean. It is dreadful! The male voice in that is voice-over artist Jon Rand, whose blokey, northern tones have dominated in the voice-over world in recent years. If ever you go to Asda and listen to their in-store radio station "Asda FM Live," you'll hear him say the station jingle: "Save money, live better... Asdaaaaaa."

Voice-overs used to pay well, back in the day. Not so much now. I remember when QVC used to use their presenters to do them. They were very good (apart from Sara Griffitths's l'Occitane and Gatineau efforts). Paul Lavers had a really good voice. I really wish they'd bring him back but I know his irreverent style is rather out-of-keeping with QVC's slick, modern PR culture.

The QVC promos are arguably the most interesting things on the channel. What are they actually trying to say? There's the IT / tech one that tries to break every stereotype in the mould, showing old people cooing over ipads and jumping up and down to techno / rave music, two gay men kissing etc. Then there are the beautiful houses with their lovely pristine kitchens...

Latest posts

Back