Swarovski coming to Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder how this compares to QVC's cubic zirconia...ooops I meant Diamonique...offerings?

I wonder how this compares to QVC's cubic zirconia...ooops I meant Diamonique...offerings?

Me too? I mean what's the difference? Aren't Swav. crystals still glass,but with a brand name attached? When doing the eek shows, they talk of 'growing ' the crystals......really???

I'm not a lover of overpriced costume jewellery either were you're paying for a name, tell you what though, soon they'll have to change their initials to QVCHS (QVC High Street) :mysmilie_17:

We have two Swarovski stores in the city. Most of it is actual figures like Tinkerbell and Mickey Mouse thing, yes jewellery too but most of the cabinets full ornaments etc.

Perhaps Aurora is now going at it was using Swarovski elements so costume jewellery well overpriced

From Wiki - - -

Cubic zirconia (CZ) is the cubic crystalline form of zirconium dioxide (ZrO2). The synthesized material is hard, optically flawless and usually colorless, but may be made in a variety of different colors. It should not be confused with zircon, which is a zirconium silicate (ZrSiO4). It is sometimes erroneously called cubic zirconium.
Because of its low cost, durability, and close visual likeness to diamond, synthetic cubic zirconia has remained the most gemologically and economically important competitor for diamonds since commercial production began in 1976. Its main competitor as a synthetic gemstone is a more recently cultivated material, synthetic moissanite.

Lead glass, commonly called crystal, is a variety of glass in which lead replaces the calcium content of a typical potash glass.[1] Lead glass contains typically 18–40% (by weight) lead(II) oxide (PbO), while modern lead crystal, historically also known as flint glass due to the original silica source, contains a minimum of 24% PbO.[2] Lead glass is desirable[3] owing to its decorative properties.

I don`t know where they get their prices from for what is essentially costume jewellery. I`ve just returned from Turkey and we called into a friend`s jewellery shop where they make their own stuff. He showed me a ring which was 14 ct yellow gold, had a beautiful real oval sapphire in the middle of it surrounded by 2 rows of small diamonds and it was £173. I wasn`t looking for rings but had a sapphire and diamond pendant made with matching earrings, set in 18 ct white gold and you`d be lucky to find anything as beautiful in this Country for 5 times the price I paid for them.

I remember a friend and I out shopping and stopped for coffee. Started chatting with a woman who was wearing the most gorgeous emerald ring, she said it was 18ct gold and bought when she was on holiday in Cyprus. She said every time she went on holiday to the island she went to the same jewellers and bought, he made all his own jewellery with gorgeous gemstones and the prices amazing.

Haven't Q sold Swarovski in the past? MIL was tidying out her jewellery box and gave me a long string of pink swav crystals, bevel set in gold plated metal, a year or two back, and I'm sure she said she'd bought it (yonks ago) from QVC.

Caught a few bits of the show when flicking in ad breaks. So it is more Aurora base metals as said in this thread and styles very similar for stupid money. Jilly did the show and calm as usual no over excitement.

I remember a friend and I out shopping and stopped for coffee. Started chatting with a woman who was wearing the most gorgeous emerald ring, she said it was 18ct gold and bought when she was on holiday in Cyprus. She said every time she went on holiday to the island she went to the same jewellers and bought, he made all his own jewellery with gorgeous gemstones and the prices amazing.

I went to Cyprus for a wedding last year, and the only spare time during a hectic week was Saturday, so a few of us went into Paphos for a spend up - ha ! only then did we find out that none of the bl....dy shops opened after midday !!! what sort of place is that ? tourists by the coach load wandering about with money and nowhere to spend it !!! Fair enough if its the middle of the week, but Saturday ????? wasn't impressed.

QVC launched this brand Crystal Glamour with Swarovski a couple of years ago but it seems mostly reduced now. I wonder whether Aurora will get the heave ho?

They made a point, during Jilly's hour, of saying the Swarovski designs were somehow better than other brands using their crystals.

Haven't Q sold Swarovski in the past? MIL was tidying out her jewellery box and gave me a long string of pink swav crystals, bevel set in gold plated metal, a year or two back, and I'm sure she said she'd bought it (yonks ago) from QVC.

I had a few like that from Suzi B, they were really well made, the plating was good quality & there was always a great selection of colours to choose from.

I prefer the Aurora range. Their products are always good. Hope Q aren't getting rid of them as their shows are few and far between these days.

Latest posts

Back