Habitat Launches 10/10/18 at 5pm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Habitat Launches 10/10/18 at 5pm

Habitat Launches 10/10/18 at 5pm (the home range) intresting when its owned by argos ect
    Thanks Akimbo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    thats odd what are they going to sell through Qvc
    Likes Twilight liked this post

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
    thats odd what are they going to sell through Qvc
    Looking at their pages on Argos website I think it'll be stuff very similar to Bundleberry. Back in the day I had some high quality items from Habitat, my favourite being an Acorn lamp - opaque glass dome shade on a circular pine base. It moved house with us, took many different bulbs of different colours to match different rooms & became our younger daughter's night light. I know it's in a box somewhere, time to see if it still works. I saw your post about Laura Ashley closing their Westfield store, I loved all my LA clothes & it broke my heart when she died. I'm not especially nostalgic but shopping was so much better before greed & globalisation swallowed up all the companies started by people with ideas & passion.

Post Thanks / Like

most Laura Ashley furniture is made in India. in fact its Indian owned.the quality is not bad but the lead times are long as it shipped over. its my fav brand for decades now but I am crafty and shop when I can get 70/80% off. plus some stores always have a clearance area

Post Thanks / Like

QVC are going to have to change their "you won't find this on the High Street.." mantra now that they are selling so much of it! I personally don't see the point of buying a high street brand through Q..especially after deriding them for years. My money goes to that brand directly and help keep hardworking shop staff in their jobs, hopefully, for a bit longer.
    Likes boffy , SusieSue , Elliementary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

most Laura Ashley furniture is made in India. in fact its Indian owned.the quality is not bad but the lead times are long as it shipped over. its my fav brand for decades now but I am crafty and shop when I can get 70/80% off. plus some stores always have a clearance area

It's dead cheap to have stuff made in India, even decent quality stuff.....
    I can see LA having problems in the future - just look at John Lewis.....such a shame about the demise of the DHS....& yet we are all responsible for it.
    Thanks boffy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    Looking at their pages on Argos website I think it'll be stuff very similar to Bundleberry. Back in the day I had some high quality items from Habitat, my favourite being an Acorn lamp - opaque glass dome shade on a circular pine base. It moved house with us, took many different bulbs of different colours to match different rooms & became our younger daughter's night light. I know it's in a box somewhere, time to see if it still works. I saw your post about Laura Ashley closing their Westfield store, I loved all my LA clothes & it broke my heart when she died. I'm not especially nostalgic but shopping was so much better before greed & globalisation swallowed up all the companies started by people with ideas & passion.
    I had 3 of those lamps, bought in their Tottenham Court Rd store. I sold them on EBay 30 years later for £80 each.

Likes boffy , Twilight liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

just bought an amazing all crystal chandelier from LA was £275 for £100. I cannot describe how beautiful it makes the room look
    Thanks Linwood thanked for this post
    Likes ERICS MUM , SisterBliss, Twilight liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I loved Habitat back in the early 70’s.They launched a catalogue & I could buy furniture & homewear that appealed to we youngsters at the time. Otherwise it was furniture that our parents would choose.It was all delivered too.I still have a basket chair from that time, it has been lined up for the tip (recycling) many times but can’t part with it.Habitat was a real revolution in it’s day.
    Likes boffy , Twilight liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

just bought an amazing all crystal chandelier from LA was £275 for £100. I cannot describe how beautiful it makes the room look
    I am a real Laura Ashley fan, have furniture,curtains, lighting.They always have things reduced so never pay the ‘full’ price.I do hope they keep going.Isee they have a couple of Hotels now all furnished •with LA of course!
    Likes ERICS MUM , Twilight liked this post