Elemis Christmas TSV 11/11/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Especially if the oxygenating night is only 15mls!!!!!
Think QVC and their brands could maybe stop the issuing of free products to all and sundry then perhaps pricing could be more affordable.

I'm not buying this but I did notice the price and thought it seemed a tad high for the Elemis Xmas TSV. I am not saying that the price isn't good value but I suppose I just got used to it being a bit cheaper as "our gift to you". I do like the PMC range but am not a great fan of their body products; acceptable but not grabbing me.

TBH that wouldnt make a blind bit of difference to the price

Maybe freebies don’t effect the brands bottom line but somethings should eventually filter down to profit margins.

And as a customer certain things affect purchasing, like free unnecessary freebie trips filming
When Charlie presenting the last LE TSV said he’d been sent both versions and didn’t know what to do with one so sent it to his mother. Then Craig was said to have visited the store and been gifted items.
Neither enticed me to purchase from the QVC LE hours, so I didn’t.

Elemis body products are not great. I had a shower cream and a body balm they were worse than any of the cheaper high street chemist items. the moon oil is nice and the hand cream. talking about samples 15ml for a face cream is never a full price item. micellar water cheap as chips to make. this is not for me

I do not like the smell of any of the Elemis body products, have gone for the last 2 face TSV’s Ok but it really is a range I do not rave about.

I loved the Quiet Mind range and always hated the Exotic/Frangipani one, did get it the first time it came out. Had to give it away as it was so cloying, but then I am not a fan of white floral perfumes either. The only bath stuff I still like from Elemis is the Muscle Soak, Milk Shower Cream.

All I can say is at least they have dropped the which team are you in thing they did the other year.

Okay, people have the Warm Tonka stuff for sale on Ebay. Full set of body products £35+ or individually from £9.50-18.50.

What I have noticed is no matter what show is on the past few days in the left corner in square pops the Elemis TSV details. Now I use Elemis a number of their products but this is really taking the p*ss, they must have 90,000,000 of them to sell.

Interesting one on Keeley's Facebook, decided yesterday to go have a nose.

A surprising number of people not happy with the TSV. Disappointed is being said. Micellar Water either people cannot use as it does not agree with their skin, others telling them to buy the TSV anyway and just give the Micellar away or sell it on. Or others saying the Micellar is the cheapest product to make and that is why they put it in the TSV and not the balm. One man made a strange comment along the lines of being scammed sorry cannot remember now the exact term he used. Others asking why was he on Keeley and Elemis' page in the first place. No idea who he is but perhaps he complains a lot?

One woman saying the Warm Tonka smells of nothing really, she is a Frangipani user. She had bought two of each choice and now sorry she did. Keeley replied to her saying everyone has different tastes.

AY's hair looks really flat and lank with the new Frangipani hair mask from what I saw last night.

Oh! A woman who runs a small Elemis salon getting at Keeley about new products appearing on QVC first. She said people ask for the product but she cannot supply it and then months later when she does get it in stock told they already bought it from QVC. Basically doing her out of business.

Interesting one on Keeley's Facebook, decided yesterday to go have a nose.

A surprising number of people not happy with the TSV. Disappointed is being said. Micellar Water either people cannot use as it does not agree with their skin, others telling them to buy the TSV anyway and just give the Micellar away or sell it on. Or others saying the Micellar is the cheapest product to make and that is why they put it in the TSV and not the balm. One man made a strange comment along the lines of being scammed sorry cannot remember now the exact term he used. Others asking why was he on Keeley and Elemis' page in the first place. No idea who he is but perhaps he complains a lot?

One woman saying the Warm Tonka smells of nothing really, she is a Frangipani user. She had bought two of each choice and now sorry she did. Keeley replied to her saying everyone has different tastes.

AY's hair looks really flat and lank with the new Frangipani hair mask from what I saw last night.

I read that, if it has no smell then she should complain to QVC and get a returns label. Keeley was clearly missing the point in her reply, probably on purpose, it is not about taste if it has no smell.

Oh! A woman who runs a small Elemis salon getting at Keeley about new products appearing on QVC first. She said people ask for the product but she cannot supply it and then months later when she does get it in stock told they already bought it from QVC. Basically doing her out of business.

I maybe completely wrong on this but here goes.

Don’t Elemis on QVC portray themselves as the UK’s leading spa brand with ex number of counters/salons/spas with ex number of their therapist advising and doing their treatments.
If this is the case it seems shortsighted to treat their approved independent stockiest.
Who have their actual customers in the treatment rooms to assess, advise and provide according to hands on work the treatment/products as they seem are correct and in the clients best interest.

I’ve never rated Elemis, which is a shame because I love to support British brands. Sadly, I was put off at my first experience years ago - a Frangipani body cream I was given. Yuck! (I know what you mean, Donna!). I think the range is over-priced. I quite like the cleansing balm and have a big pot somewhere but there are so many cleansers out there (not just in my cupboard!), as good or better and a LOT cheaper.

As for the micellar in the TSV, I do use micellar waters sometimes in the mornings but never at the end of a day wearing make-up. I still seem to have traces of makeup on the sixth, seventh, eighth cotton pad ... so wasteful and surely not good for the environment.

Anyway, sorry if this sounds bitchy but an observation on Keeley. I hadn’t seen her for ages as I tend to be selective in my QVC watching, but I saw a couple of minutes of the launch last night and I thought she looked so much older. Was it the hairstyle, the overly bronze make-up and heavier eye make-up? No idea how old she is but 3 or 4 years ago, when I’d see her more often, I imagined she was early thirties. Last night, I thought she must be mid-40s? It doesn’t matter how old she is, I know, but the difference really struck me.

Edit: Just saw she’s 43. I guess my saying she looked early 30s so recently is a sort of compliment. Still not keen on her make-up.

I see Keeley is in the suit jacket
Dale introduced her as an ‘Elite Skincare Expert’

:bow:

AndiK, I am with you on the frangipani. It nearly knocked me out when I used the shower cream and I have a high perfume tolerance! The only other one to do that is the purple one from MB, ylang ylang. I am not a fan of the body cream either. However, I do really like PCMC and the night cream plus other skincare bits from them, and the cleansing balm. I quite like a Decleor or Elemis micellar water but only use them at night when I have been at home all day and not worn makeup. I tried a DHS brand or two and found them so drying I would never buy the water from there again.

1pm Dale “over 33 thousand sold”

For any other brand that would be great - but for halfway through the day of the big Elemis Christmas TSV, when they usually have well over 100,000 units to shift, that doesn't sound so good.

I have an Elemis counter in my local Debenhams, they also have a treatment room beside the counter and do facials. Numerous times I have mentioned products that have arrived at QVC to be told either exclusive to QVC and will never be of sale elsewhere or it will be 3-4 months before they get them at the counter. I said that wasn't fair to them and told Elemis can sell more stock in one hour on QVC than all the salons in the UK put together!!! So course they will give all the new launches to QVC first.

I remember Elemis was one of the first products I ever bought from QVC way back in 1997! Really liked the brand and bought more from them. Back then they did simple moisturisers at around £23 a tube for different skin types. They did an SOS cream and anti-redness at around I think £25, then the range was repackaged and the same two creams were in a pump and in the £50 range!!! Then PCMC arrived and yes I love it and use it wander off but always come back to it. But in the last say 5 years suddenly Elemis are pushing new ranges which my skin just does not like so I buy less from them. About 2 years ago I was told at my local counter that they were bringing out a CC tinted cream, months passed and I asked about it? Was told they had a problem getting the formula right and it was put back. Asked again about a year later to be told the idea had been shelved.

Go have a read of the reviews for the TSV very interesting. I skipped the 5 and 4 stars and read 3 down. People not liking the Micellar Water saying its cheap hence in the TSV, would have prefered a bigger night cream and no Micellar Water. Loads about the size of the night cream thinking it was the same size as the PCMC. Or those who dislike the Tonka Bean smell. Sending back in a surprising number

AndiK, I am with you on the frangipani. It nearly knocked me out when I used the shower cream and I have a high perfume tolerance! The only other one to do that is the purple one from MB, ylang ylang. I am not a fan of the body cream either. However, I do really like PCMC and the night cream plus other skincare bits from them, and the cleansing balm. I quite like a Decleor or Elemis micellar water but only use them at night when I have been at home all day and not worn makeup. I tried a DHS brand or two and found them so drying I would never buy the water from there again.

I agree that a micellar water has its uses and, like you, will use it to clean/freshen rather than remove full make-up, although I might use a couple of cotton pads’ worth to remove (some) make-up before then using a wash-off cleanser to cleanse thoroughly. And yes, I quite liked the Decleor one, too.

Latest posts

Back