TSV's selling in advance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Just watching the gold show with Deb Flint and (my favourite guest Jan Springer).

Deb just announced that tomorrow's TSV has been selling online for the last few days, and that there are previews of forthcoming TSV's on social media.

I understand QVC has been going this way for a while, but am I alone in thinking that this detracts from the concept of the TSV, making it into something of an anticlimax?

They might as well call it "Tomorrow's Special Value" or "Next Week's Special Value?"

With all the other promos - Top Find, Hot Pick, Deal of the Day etc etc, it's all a bit watered down, isn't it?

What do you think?

nope!! i think its good they are doing it this way as not everyone can be around on the day or remember to check on the day to order it so i perfer it this way (though it does play havoc with me & what i do)

I had to chuckle SCW at your comment that not everyone is around on the day or remembers to check the tsv, as it rather flies in the face that everyone is checking their smart phones 5 million times a day !! (not me as I've got a 'dumb' phone)

Nevertheless I tend to agree with Julius on this. We appeared to manage for years before this new directive, and in fact when there were many more brands to enjoy, it was an event that we waited in anticipation for - I refused to go to bed until I saw what the latest tsv was. Now with this bombardment on line and publicity beforehand, its lost all its kudos, and in fact may have lost viewers who would have waited up and stuck with the full show !

Simple it’s all about selling more.The sitting @midnoght waiting for the TSV to be revealed is long gone.With smart phones these days you could be anywhere & order in seconds.

Around 20 years ago I used to look at the QVC website and search "TSV" and it'd come up with the next few days' offerings, then "Todays" worked and then they tightened things up a bit. Mind you back in the day they had TSVs sell out completely in 12 minutes; often 9ct gold chains at less than £7 per gram!

Good times!

Years ago the TSV was worth waiting up for and usually good value but now it’s the same old stuff repeated far too often. I can’t be bothered watching these days and only catch up on here or on website now and again.

I always assumed the TSV was launched at midnight to catch sleepy folk with lower resistance to the "it might not last to the live airing at 9am" patter.

I've always appreciated folk uploading TSV details on here ahead of its launch because it gives me thinking time to talk myself out of buying. It'd be logical to assume that the leaking of details via social media or early bird access to a TSV would be counter productive. It clearly works to boost sales otherwise QVC wouldn't keep doing it!

On QVC America I always click on upcoming shows I’m interested in and get an email about a week before it airs to order,sometimes it’s 2 weeks,can’t be doing with all this Cloak & Dagger stuff.

I always assumed the TSV was launched at midnight to catch sleepy folk with lower resistance to the "it might not last to the live airing at 9am" patter.

I've always appreciated folk uploading TSV details on here ahead of its launch because it gives me thinking time to talk myself out of buying. It'd be logical to assume that the leaking of details via social media or early bird access to a TSV would be counter productive. It clearly works to boost sales otherwise QVC wouldn't keep doing it!

I really appreciate the uploading of the tsv details too.....I'd be on here much less often if it weren't for him/them/those

I can't find the post, but someone said that many years ago they used to search for TSV.

If you search for TSV now on their USELESS website, it says "no items found, did you mean TV's".

Absolutely ridiculous for a selling website.

EDIT - - - just found the post, post 6 by Akimbo

Latest posts

Back