Tatty head!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Now I know we all need to earn a crust but really, as a professional model, being made to look an absolute idiot for a hairdryer (Dyson :yawn::yawn::yawn:) well, I’d have to say no. Never in a month of Sundays would anybody put the bins out looking like Q’s “before” pics. It is insulting to the models and the viewers and Q’s credibility is in the cess pit. This nonsense has irked for a long time but the models before hair for this product is particularly worse. Desperation selling tactics, and a shed load of hairdryers?, with or without the blasted box.

Yes, just shows that the the product isn't strong enough to demonstrate on its own merit, they have to back comb the models hair in the before pictures, I agree it's absolutely ridiculous. It's like the make-up before pictures when they look soooooo sad, then slap on a bit of Laura Geller or Tarte on then look! the model is happy now!

According to Abbie "I had a baby two weeks ago" Thingy they had a meeting with the Philp Kingsley experts; their reps on the road(?) have said that if people are using Elasticizer the Dyson is the only dryer to use because all others rip out the goodness the product puts into the hair. Queen Julia was delighted & gushed how the two had been brought together by the mighty Q. Their smugness made me think of the claims made about Ultrasun, maybe they'll link up too. Off to wash my hair with Happy Naturals from Sainsburys & dry it with a own brand dryer bought many years ago with with my points from Boots.

Now I know we all need to earn a crust but really, as a professional model, being made to look an absolute idiot for a hairdryer (Dyson :yawn::yawn::yawn:) well, I’d have to say no. Never in a month of Sundays would anybody put the bins out looking like Q’s “before” pics. It is insulting to the models and the viewers and Q’s credibility is in the cess pit. This nonsense has irked for a long time but the models before hair for this product is particularly worse. Desperation selling tactics, and a shed load of hairdryers?, with or without the blasted box.

The blasted box in platinum is the one everybody wants because it's owned by all the fashion bloggers & will be seen at London Fashion Week but presumably only by those backstage. You are right, these are desperation selling tactics & it's laughable that it's too small to fit in the diffuser.

My daughter and I come from a long line of "Tatty Heads" Pick-a-Lily! It's a definitely one of those sayings that makes me smile! This isn't anyone I know but when I was little (BC - before conditioners) I looked like this most mornings!

Attachments

• bad hair.jpg
    bad hair.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 109
Haven’t they sold out of that blasted hairdryer yet? There must be one in every UK household by now, except mine.It’s a rediculous price & these beauty bloggers who are they anyway? Hype, hype and more hype.

‘Tatty head’ was my uncle’s nickname for me when I was little!

My hubby used to call me Tatty Head back in the 1960's. Amanda Barrie used to be on TV with Jimmy Tarbuck and he always called her Tatty Head and hubby thought I looked like her as my hair was the same style.

According to Abbie "I had a baby two weeks ago" Thingy they had a meeting with the Philp Kingsley experts; their reps on the road(?) have said that if people are using Elasticizer the Dyson is the only dryer to use because all others rip out the goodness the product puts into the hair. Queen Julia was delighted & gushed how the two had been brought together by the mighty Q. Their smugness made me think of the claims made about Ultrasun, maybe they'll link up too. Off to wash my hair with Happy Naturals from Sainsburys & dry it with a own brand dryer bought many years ago with with my points from Boots.

All hell broke out over on the QVC Facebook page over the cupid stunt's comments about needing to use the Dyson with Elasticizer. Some even said Philip Kingsley should sue Dyson!

My hubby used to call me Tatty Head back in the 1960's. Amanda Barrie used to be on TV with Jimmy Tarbuck and he always called her Tatty Head and hubby thought I looked like her as my hair was the same style.

I love it & she was so pretty. The bob has always been my favourite style & the only way I've had my hair since I was a teen - length from just under my ears to down to my shoulders, with or without a fringe & every colour under the Sun. It's always looked ok, even with dryers that frazzle the ends & prevent products from doing their stuff.

My daughter and I come from a long line of "Tatty Heads" Pick-a-Lily! It's a definitely one of those sayings that makes me smile! This isn't anyone I know but when I was little (BC - before conditioners) I looked like this most mornings!

Ouch, I remember those days & my mother was a fiend with a brush :sad:

One of the late Ken Dodds favourite sayings Tatty Head and also one of my Dad`s too. He was a scouser but even though he left Liverpool when he was 12 and never returned there, he still used it.

If these products are so fantastic why have some of the presenters got terrible hair? Jackie Kabler and the beauty expert herself AY spring to mind. At the age of 76 and with my hair it’s natural grey (better than I ever hoped it would be)I have only ever used off the shelf products and all sorts of colours and fads over the years including vinegar to rinse and drying hair in front of the gas oven my hair is my crowning glory in old age and my hair dryer is nothing special either.

If these products are so fantastic why have some of the presenters got terrible hair? Jackie Kabler and the beauty expert herself AY spring to mind. At the age of 76 and with my hair it’s natural grey (better than I ever hoped it would be)I have only ever used off the shelf products and all sorts of colours and fads over the years including vinegar to rinse and drying hair in front of the gas oven my hair is my crowning glory in old age and my hair dryer is nothing special either.

My mother would send me to bed after having ironed my hair on the ironing board, with promises that I'd wake with straight hair. I hated my hair back then and although I've managed to get it looking passable, I still hate it.

The blasted box in platinum is the one everybody wants because it's owned by all the fashion bloggers & will be seen at London Fashion Week but presumably only by those backstage. You are right, these are desperation selling tactics & it's laughable that it's too small to fit in the diffuser.

LFw bloggers=freebies

Hey! That's my picture!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect 'good hair' is genetic, and if you get it, you're very lucky! I didn't have good hair when I was younger, and now have not much hair at all, so I wear a wig and I'm quite relaxed about it. My mum had fabulous hair until she got into her 80's, sadly I inherited mine from dad's side!

[mum writes]

I'm in my mid-70s, my hair has also been all number of colours and all manner of styles. Never used much Kingsley on it and I certainly don't have a £300+ hair dryer (more like £7 from Tesco!) and yet it's still its natural dark colour and I have trouble makeing people believe it's not coloured. As said above, hair is genetic and you're lucky if it stays good your whole life. Some stupid overpriced heater isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

And does it mean we shouldn't buy/use Kingsley if we don't have a Dyson? That seems to be what they're telling us.

I suspect 'good hair' is genetic, and if you get it, you're very lucky! I didn't have good hair when I was younger, and now have not much hair at all, so I wear a wig and I'm quite relaxed about it. My mum had fabulous hair until she got into her 80's, sadly I inherited mine from dad's side!

I'd love to get a wig - my hair is so ****** difficult and hard work. Even if I get it looking okay (which takes forever and a LOT of maintenance) if there's the slightest whiff of moisture in the air - POOMPH! Though I must admit it's a lot better these days with that Color Wow spray and my SteamPod.

I'd love to get a wig - my hair is so ****** difficult and hard work. Even if I get it looking okay (which takes forever and a LOT of maintenance) if there's the slightest whiff of moisture in the air - POOMPH! Though I must admit it's a lot better these days with that Color Wow spray and my SteamPod.

Mine does the POOMPH too. When I was at work, & had to move around a campus school, I had a child's version of one of the royal brollies, it was a hair saver during wet & windy weather & one of the best things I ever bought.

Latest posts

Back