Is this QVC being talked about ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
........" I regularly see ranges that should be called "I've Completely Given Up". They feature elasticated trousers in shades of sludge, jumpers with a massive floral pattern AND sequins, dressed with hideous details - an applique flower, lace, a pussy bow at the neck. OR the must have for those ladies who have lost the will to live, - one of the 'waterfall' cardigans in grey or indeterminate brown.

Are clothes like this what fashion houses think women who grew up buying Biba and Mary Quant in the 1960s, Chelsea Girl and Topshop in the 70s, and lusted after a bit of Donna Karan or Armani in the 1980s want ? " ...................

NO, but it could easily have been QVC fashion. In fact its excerpted from an article moaning about the Holly (I'll be ambassador for anything) Willoughby range at M & S, and aimed at women over 40.

I think the only places talking about QVC b, are the charity shops who say "here we go, another one from QVC".

So Holly Willoughby picks a few things out of M&S ( gets very well paid) & we are supposed to flock to buy.I don’t think so.I have seen some of the pieces online & am not impressed.As usual they seem to be having an identity crisis.The Marla Wynne range has some items that appeal to me but the fit & fabric quality is not there.

Marla has some 'ok' pieces, BUT for the heavy price and you cant hang them on a hangar because they might 'drop' ? nah.

I remember reading an article a few years back that basically said wearing Boden was akin to giving up on life.

I remember reading an article a few years back that basically said wearing Boden was akin to giving up on life.

Oh dear I have ruined a few children's lives then. :mysmilie_17:

I think it just goes to show though that what some people think is nice stuff others find less so.

Same with QVC. Obviously many people do like buying clothes from them otherwise they would not waste expensive broadcasting time on it. Might not always be to our own particular taste but so what, it's not all about us.

Depending, of course, on what you pick to put on your back. Which applies to every fashion label.

I find QVC's clothing very overpriced. I agree that people like different things and if you like the items sold on QVC fair enough, but why pay over the odds for them? Other retailers do some great offers and you don't pay p & p per item or pay to return.
I did see the original article and thought it sounded like QVC's offerings were being discussed.

Latest posts

Back