Shame

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The only way to slow, not stop, the passage of time is to abstain from cigarettes, alcohol and sugar and yo yo dieting causes skin to stretch. All these creams do is moisturise, which all skin, whatever age and gender, needs. I would be interested to know your opinion of Judith Williams Lifelong Beauty. Her delivery is as emphatic.

When I first saw JW on QVC I tried all her products because they seemed such good value and they did seem to make a difference in my skin. However, as I used them over a reasonably long period of time I felt they changed and the products I really liked and used every day were discontinued. I felt the range became run of the mill and stopped buying it. I do like her rose oil though, used at night you wake up to lovely soft skin.

CC

I liked the JW Diamond range, my skin seemed to improve with the products, but I couldn't stomach the LLB, Phytomineral or Rose ranges because their scents didn't suit me and I'd have to wash them off.

The unfortunate thing now is every woman and young girls are bombarded with tv/magazines ads of you must look like this because which every celeb is held up at the high of beauty. So-called celebs are used in ads for whatever face cream, 20-year-olds are used in ads by big companies for anti-ageing creams. The photos are photoshopped ever see Julia Roberts ads for Lancome? Young girls are doctoring their photos on social media before posting to make them look the same. All those celebs will have work done and by no stretch natural.

I remember on QVC AY pushing products by saying Cheryl uses this. Personally, that would put me off a product but I am not brainwashed and I will say though of us on this forum aren't either. Other women will be sucked in.

I belong to a Facebook group and a woman in her 30s went to get a free consultation on her skin at a clinic. She was pushed to get fillers and botox etc which is not what she went to find out about but was given a whole list of things she should have done. No, she didn't by the way.

The 'free consultation' must have been a clue that there'd be a hard sell.....

Latest posts

Back