Orla Kiely ceases trading.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If I had to replace my bathroom suite (I hope not) I would avoid white as it seems so cold and clinical looking, like in a hospital.

I heard that colours were coming back into fashion now, and "white is out".

Anyone agree?

No, always white!

Oh no got to be white for me too Strato (or icy blue/cloud grey in QVC terms) you can change the tiles etc but the suite must always be white. :mysmilie_3:

My first home on my own I chose an Avocado suite (70’s) it was a toss up between that and a chocolate brown, imagine!My avocado bathroom was decorated with a Laura Ashley small flower wallpaper & curtains in pink on white ground.Also had carpet on the floor.Next new home was late 80’s and chose ‘Whisper Peach’ suite with the Austrian blinds which I made.Now have walk in shower & obviously a white suite.Remember Sun King?

My sis had a choc brown suite, horrendous, it dried with white lines no matter how much you scrubbed. When we moved into this house there was brand new fitted carpet in the kitchen, that stain/spillage repellent type but I wanted lino, I got it eventually. There was fitted carpet in the bathroom and separate toilet too, it had a pile to it and when I was pregnant with hyperemesis the smell of it made me heave. The carpet was brand new so must have been the glue backing, it had to go. The lady before us certainly loved her carpets, I only have three rooms plus the stairs and landing carpeted now but I’ve heard it’s making a comeback. I don’t allow shoes in my house, I provide slippers and if workmen come who aren’t allowed to take their steeltoed boots off I give them floor protectors to put over them or they aren’t allowed in!

My sis had a choc brown suite, horrendous, it dried with white lines no matter how much you scrubbed. When we moved into this house there was brand new fitted carpet in the kitchen, that stain/spillage repellent type but I wanted lino, I got it eventually. There was fitted carpet in the bathroom and separate toilet too, it had a pile to it and when I was pregnant with hyperemesis the smell of it made me heave. The carpet was brand new so must have been the glue backing, it had to go. The lady before us certainly loved her carpets, I only have three rooms plus the stairs and landing carpeted now but I’ve heard it’s making a comeback. I don’t allow shoes in my house, I provide slippers and if workmen come who aren’t allowed to take their steeltoed boots off I give them floor protectors to put over them or they aren’t allowed in!

When I went to view the house I bought before I moved here, they told me to take my shoes off on entering. I honestly thought they were taking the pee!! However, they were right because the house was pristine and when I moved in I didn't have to do a thing or replace the carpets. Had a horrid shell pink bathroom though which had to go.

CC

Yes, white bathrooms are a must. My husband almost left me 20 years ago when we had the house built. I wanted to be all 'edgy' and rummage around the reclamation yards for coloured (not avocado/brown/maroon/navy blue or peach) sanitary ware. I had visions of a pale yellow hand basin, a pink bath, and either a lilac or pale blue w.c.. He had his sensible head on and wouldn't budge from white. Although I did manage to have a lilac basin in the 2nd bedroom, and an Edwardian wedgewood blue sink in the large bedroom !!

Yes, white bathrooms are a must. My husband almost left me 20 years ago when we had the house built. I wanted to be all 'edgy' and rummage around the reclamation yards for coloured (not avocado/brown/maroon/navy blue or peach) sanitary ware. I had visions of a pale yellow hand basin, a pink bath, and either a lilac or pale blue w.c.. He had his sensible head on and wouldn't budge from white. Although I did manage to have a lilac basin in the 2nd bedroom, and an Edwardian wedgewood blue sink in the large bedroom !!
Sounds like a box of sugared almonds.

no white it goes with everything. I have a Med looking bathroom with the tiny square tiles in various shades of blue and white. the floor and walls are all the same. its a bit grouty but its not really ever dated.

Latest posts

Back