Orla Kiely ceases trading.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My newly married friend was house hunting in the 80's and sent for details on a property, which she subsequently went to view. She later told me she spent ages looking for the 'sunken bath', which turned out to be her misreading of 'Sun King' bathroom suite!
My in laws still have a Blush suite in their cloakroom. They swapped the turquoise one in the main bathroom for one of those white suites with a clam shell shaped basin and cystern a few years ago :mysmilie_19:

My newly married friend was house hunting in the 80's and sent for details on a property, which she subsequently went to view. She later told me she spent ages looking for the 'sunken bath', which turned out to be her misreading of 'Sun King' bathroom suite!
My in laws still have a Blush suite in their cloakroom. They swapped the turquoise one in the main bathroom for one of those white suites with a clam shell shaped basin and cystern a few years ago :mysmilie_19:

Love it - we had that basin & loo in our last house with 'gold' hardware. We're having a new bathroom next month & have chosen Art Deco fittings, a walk through shower & this cladding stuff instead of tiles for the walls - I've yet to be convinced about it...

I don't know who David Cassidy is, but I've seen avocado bath suites - and I really like them. Look at this fab property in the Kew / Richmond area and how it's got lovely avocado hues everywhere:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61593028.html

Don't know David Cassidy? Julius, how old are you? 12? I'm just a dayyyyy dreeeaaamer walking in the rain, chasing after rainbows la la la, Partridge family and all that? I think he sadly died not that long ago.

CC

Love it - we had that basin & loo in our last house with 'gold' hardware. We're having a new bathroom next month & have chosen Art Deco fittings, a walk through shower & this cladding stuff instead of tiles for the walls - I've yet to be convinced about it...

Twilight, I have that 'cladding stuff' in my bathroom. It looks good and is so easy to keep clean.

I had to smile at a quote from one of today`s newspapers where the journalist said she wasn`t surprised Orla Kieley had shut down because who wants to wear or carry any of her patterns which matches someone`s toaster, wallpaper or kitchen caddies but the caddies/toaster/wallpaper looks better in it. I had a chuckle at that.

I had an avocado suite in my previous house and really liked it, it seemed much more luxurious than clinical white.

Gladly, I don't have white in my current house either, it is called "Champagne" and a delicate shade of cream or magnolia.

I had an avocado suite in my previous house and really liked it, it seemed much more luxurious than clinical white.

Gladly, I don't have white in my current house either, it is called "Champagne" and a delicate shade of cream or magnolia.

Good to know.

If I had to replace my bathroom suite (I hope not) I would avoid white as it seems so cold and clinical looking, like in a hospital.

I heard that colours were coming back into fashion now, and "white is out".

Anyone agree?

If I had to replace my bathroom suite (I hope not) I would avoid white as it seems so cold and clinical looking, like in a hospital.

Anyone agree?

No defo noooo.

Anyone agree?

Strato! Definitely no. White is the only colour. We had a weird blue colour when we moved into our house. It just had to go. I doubt those orange/turquoise/maroon/brown/blue/avocado suites will ever come back into fashion.

CC

Anyone agree?

Some celebs in L.A have got black! At least the bath tide-mark wouldn't show.

Coloured bathroom suites are ok if you don’t live in a ‘hard water’ area. If I don’t wipe my bathroom taps down every day I soon see that white crusty limescale starting to build up. On coloured suites I’d be scrubbing at them with a Brillo pad every day.

Latest posts

Back