Power Heat TSV 16/10/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PowerHeat Log Burner Style Infragen Heater w/ 3D Flame Effect & Remote
Item Number: 807856
QVC Price £199.00
Todays Special Value Price£159.96
P&P £5.95

This portable, remote-controlled PowerHeat stove heater combines the wide-reaching heat of infrared quartz with halogen technology, and features a built-in timer, a digital thermostat and inside, a realistic-looking fire complete with logs and a brick background. A charming way to bring rustic charm and cosy warmth to your home, this lightweight, portable heater offers the joy of a real fire with no maintenance.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.807856

Has anyone had the previous models of this heater/fake log-burner? I'm tempted (aren't I always!).

I'll chuck my hat in the ring here. I previously lived in a modern house with good insulation and all electric storage heating. I bought a fireplace surround and a similar faux log burner to this one. It looked fantastic, it gave out instant heat and it wasn't expensive to run it. I now live in a stone cottage with a real log burner in an inglenook fireplace (sounds great). You have to buy logs/kindling/firelighters, I personally need to have Mr CC to deal with it, the laying, the lighting, the poking, the tending, the chopping of logs, the shifting of logs through the house from front to back to store them (yes, you need a log store). Then the ash removal and the cleaning (my job of course). When it's blazing away it's cosy, charming and warm. However, truth be told - I'd replace it with another electric one. Not as romantic but more practical for me.

Bottom line - I'd buy this if I had the house to suit it.

CC

Mr Akimbo procrastinated and the colours we were interested in sold out! I'm afraid I'd agree with you about real fires. I've always lived in old houses - my first house has a Yorkist range which was fairly easy to light and "bank up" over night, heating water in its back boiler overnight. We've been in our current house 20+ years and I'm the only one who can light our open fire and the novelty has dwindled over the years so I light it to stop the family putting the heating on, and Xmas, family gatherings etc.

Our new house has a chimney and could have an open fire but I'm in no hurry to do that and I've never really fancied a wood burner. Thanks for the feedback CC, much appreciated. Oh well we'll keep an eye out for something similar.

So I turned on the TV and the TSV is in stock in all options again so I nabbed a Taupe one and will report back whether it's any good.
:mysmilie_8:

My parents house had plug in "log effect" (I use the term loosely) fires and under the fibreglass logs and coals there were 3 red light bulbs with thin metal discs with cut out slots which would spin on a pin from the heat of the bulbs. My Mum and Dad being the aesthetes of the 70s used one normal bulb to add a yellow flicker to the red!

:mysmilie_520: Classy!

Hope you like it. I think it's a good price as I bought mine years ago and it was £100 and smaller than the TSV.

CC

In 30 years time my kids will be laughing at my plug in fire! It's the circle of life!

I'll chuck my hat in the ring here. I previously lived in a modern house with good insulation and all electric storage heating. I bought a fireplace surround and a similar faux log burner to this one. It looked fantastic, it gave out instant heat and it wasn't expensive to run it. I now live in a stone cottage with a real log burner in an inglenook fireplace (sounds great). You have to buy logs/kindling/firelighters, I personally need to have Mr CC to deal with it, the laying, the lighting, the poking, the tending, the chopping of logs, the shifting of logs through the house from front to back to store them (yes, you need a log store). Then the ash removal and the cleaning (my job of course). When it's blazing away it's cosy, charming and warm. However, truth be told - I'd replace it with another electric one. Not as romantic but more practical for me.

Bottom line - I'd buy this if I had the house to suit it.

CC

My in-laws have a log burner and I have to agree - it looks like hard work!

Apart from that, every time I've been there, even for less than an hour, it's warmed my face but nothing else. It also triggers my asthma.

I have had the same problem with a gas fire in our old house, though. I get a really hot, red face (thanks, rosacea!), but cannot warm up anywhere else. I gave in and ran the central heating with the valves turned lower in rooms not used. Central heating is much kinder on my face and body.

I don't get this kind of problem with an electric fan heater or with a heated throw.

The ONLY time I know I'd wished I'd put one in is if we'd have a power cut (we've not had one for years - but now I've said that...). I'm looking into one of those bio-ethanol burners as a heat stand-by this winter. I'm told they'd provide a similar kind of heat to one room as a log burner, without the hassle.

Anyone have one they could comment on?

Well my TSV arrived yesterday and it does look exactly how it looked on screen. But whereas I thought it looked ok; I never expected it to kid anyone it was a real log burner but Mr Akimbo wasn't taken with the fake flame effect, so it's back in the box pending collection. Oh well nothing ventured...

Both paraffin and calor gas heaters cause lots of condensation, and some odour, especially paraffin

I knew about the condensation issues with Calor heaters, and after being brought up with paraffin heaters (anyone here remember Salamander heaters :puke: and the bl**dy awful stink?), I definitely wouldn't have either inside as a permanent heating source - though I do have a Calor heater that I'll be bringing out if we have a power cut. I'd freeze before using paraffin!

Does the bio ethanol have those issues?

I'm allergic to scented candles and air fresheners so wouldn't buy the scented BE to burn. I assume there'd be some kind of smell to it, though reviews I've read haven't mentioned any. I'd only burn it during a power cut, so it'd hopefully be a very short-term solution.

Anyone got one of these?

Latest posts

Back