Shay & Blue TSV 18/10/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really disappointed with the TSV. I'm still using Atropa Belladonna from the last TSV and the Black Tulip sample 10ml that was in it. Would have bought the TSV if it had different fragrances. I don't understand the thinking behind this at all.

Really disappointed with the TSV. I'm still using Atropa Belladonna from the last TSV and the Black Tulip sample 10ml that was in it. Would have bought the TSV if it had different fragrances. I don't understand the thinking behind this at all.

simple really, sell out early last year & use the same format to make a similar tsv of the 2 most popular on Q & thats it done as they only do one per year if that thats all it will ever be

Yes, Black Tulip was not supposed to be released until the beginning of this year. They did a special for QVC by giving an early release 10mls in the TSV, people went mad for it and Dom had to release the full size last year. I bought straight from them when it came out. It is their biggest seller followed by the Belladonna.

I am not a fan of fruity perfumes so no interest in oranges or ones with cucumber etc so never bother with any offers on them. Though I do own Framboise Noire but it is very woody on me.

I usually buy from M&S when they do 20% off.

Belladonna

Suffolk Lavender a proper lavender

Black Tulip

Salt Caramel which really does smell like hot butter popcorn

Framboise Noir

Jo Malone is coming to my local SpaceNK on Thursday even for an event. She does her own brand Jo Loves now. Not a fan so said no to the invite.

The lavender sounds nice.....Otherwise not my thing.

I'm not keen on deep mysterious smells...I liked the B.O (!!!) It's not orangey to me. I think they all have some woodsy notes to them....I'm more citrus /fresh/floral/Chrype
ie greener smells.

I'm not sure why peeps would be drawn to a fragrance called 'Bella Donna' since it is a poisonous plant.....but I believe that Dior's(?) posion is V popular......I'm just musing of course.....

I think you may like the opposite fragrance chart to me Donna...If a perfume including my name was invented, I'd certainly have a sniff.....

I usually buy from M&S when they do 20% off.

Belladonna

Suffolk Lavender a proper lavender

Black Tulip

Salt Caramel which really does smell like hot butter popcorn

Framboise Noir

Jo Malone is coming to my local SpaceNK on Thursday even for an event. She does her own brand Jo Loves now. Not a fan so said no to the invite.

I did just that yesterday as I had 20% vouchers. I've got a fair amount of Framboise Noir left from the last time I had these so went for Atropa Belladonna. I love Shay & Blue products, they are my big weakness along with books, smelly candles & our garden. I balance these extravagences by buying my clothes from supermarkets & eBay & being a cheap date when we go out for a meal!

I'm not keen on deep mysterious smells...

I'm not sure why peeps would be drawn to a fragrance called 'Bella Donna' since it is a poisonous plant.....but I believe that Dior's(?) posion is V popular......I'm just musing of course.....

Nearly 60 years ago my life was saved by being given belladonna to ease the symptoms of pyloric stenosis before I could have an operation, I was seven weeks old, obviously have no memeory of the event, except for a sizeable scar, but I have always loved the name Bella. Atropa Belladonna & Framboise Noir are my favourite perfumes now that M&S have discontinued the original Per Una & Prai has done the same with Scent of a Woman.

I'm not keen on deep mysterious smells...

Nearly 60 years ago my life was saved by being given belladonna to ease the symptoms of pyloric stenosis before I could have an operation, I was seven weeks old, obviously have no memeory of the event, except for a sizeable scar, but I have always loved the name Bella. Atropa Belladonna & Framboise Noir are my favourite perfumes now that M&S have discontinued the original Per Una & Prai has done the same with Scent of a Woman.

Indeed, I believe that Bella Donna is a homeopathic remedy, based on the belief that 'like cures like'. Glad it worked for you. For me, the perfume doesn't.... Fragrance is such a subjective thing.....(muses)

Fragrance is such a subj

Last edited:
Every time I read "Belladonna" I'm reminded of the witch "Belladonna" in The Herbs. My kids watched them on video and my son was terrified for that witch! If you're brave enough there's an episode HERE!

:mysmilie_854::witch::song::song: "Belladonna is my naaaammmme" :song::song::song:

Every time I read "Belladonna" I'm reminded of the witch "Belladonna" in The Herbs. My kids watched them on video and my son was terrified for that witch! If you're brave enough there's an episode HERE!

:mysmilie_854::witch::song::song: "Belladonna is my naaaammmme" :song::song::song:

Thank you so much, I just watched all of that. The Herbs was always one of my favourites and I had no idea it was written by Michael Bond until now. Parsley, Dill, Bayleaf the Gardner, Sir Basil and all the others. Wonderful :mysmilie_8:

Shay & Blue 4 Piece Fragrance Collection
Item Number: 235684
QVC Price £68.00
Todays Special Value Price £46.98
P&P £4.95

This beautiful Shay & Blue fragrance collection comes in your choice of the sumptuous Atropa Belladonna scent, or the intoxicating Black Tulip option; both contain an Eau de Parfum, body and hand wash and lotion, plus a mini version of the White Peaches Eau de Parfum. Whichever collection you choose, enjoy surrounding yourself with luxurious fragrance.

*A great saving: If you were to buy these items individually from shayandblue.com you’d pay £112. So to get them for our Today’s Special Value price of just £46.98, plus P&P, is an exceptional saving of £60.07.

Are you Atropa Belladonna? - made with over three pounds of jasmine and white narcissus, Atropa Belladona also features the richly decadent fragrance of dark cassis berries blended with sandalwood and patchouli.

Or do you prefer Black Tulip? - this distinctly modern, floral scent with a hit of snowdrops and tulip leads into the smooth warmth of white chocolate and wood.

Summer all year-long - the handbag-sized and travel-friendly White Peaches brings the essence of summer anywhere you go. Fruity notes of soft ripe fruit are balanced with refreshing elderflower granita. This scent isn’t due on the high street until next year, so be one of the first to try it.

Treats for your body and hands - as well as imparting a luxurious lingering fragrance, your skin will love the gently foaming Body & Hand Wash, and moisturising Body & Hand Lotion, enriched with aloe vera leaf extract, cocoa seed butter, shea butter and sweet almond oil for a sublime, softening finish.

Atropa Belladonna notes:

Top notes - first impressions of mesmerising dark cassis berries intoxicate and draw you in
Heart - narcotic full blooms of white narcissus and jasmine from Grasse
Base notes - the dry-down yields the sultry end-of-day secrets of patchouli and sandalwood

Black Tulip notes:

Top notes - snowdrops and cyclamen bring instant floral freshness
Heart - black tulip and plum bring a rounded richness to the heart of the composition
Base notes - white chocolate and soft woods for a smooth finish

White Peaches notes:

Top notes - juicy soft fruit exude the essence of summer
Heart - cooling elderflower granita lifts the sweetness
Base notes - earthy silver birch wood lingers for a warm finish

Both options contain:

1 x Eau de Parfum (100ml)
1 x Body & Hand Wash (200ml)
1 x Body & Hand Lotion (200ml)
1 x White Peaches Eau de Parfum (10ml)

Delivery to UK mainland only

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.235684

They look so beautifully packaged but as I haven’t tried so won’t buy as I am fussy with perfumes.Tried their Blood Oranges as it was in M&S advent calander last year, I wasn’t too keen.Good guest he seems to be very knowledgeable.Nice buy if you like the scents.

Thank you, I loved The Herbs, Parsley was my favourite & if ever I got in a twizzle my mum would say I was 'doing a Dill, the dog'. I had forgotten that Sir Basil was green with that reddish nose just like the real thing. I'm not surprised that your son was scared, Belladonna was horrendous but weren't childrens' programmes excellent back in the day?

Don't get me started! Friends think I had kids so I could wallow in nostalgia about Watch with Mother etc! Back in the 90s most of these shows were available on video so I could watch them all again. The only one I couldn't find was Bizzie Lizzie (see pic) but I also loved Bagpuss and Pogles Wood plus Trumpton, Camblewick Green and Chigley. I'm sure that even when my faculties fail in later life I'll still know the lyrics to all those songs!

bizzie lizzie.jpg

Don't get me started! Friends think I had kids so I could wallow in nostalgia about Watch with Mother etc! Back in the 90s most of these shows were available on video so I could watch them all again. The only one I couldn't find was Bizzie Lizzie (see pic) but I also loved Bagpuss and Pogles Wood plus Trumpton, Camblewick Green and Chigley. I'm sure that even when my faculties fail in later life I'll still know the lyrics to all those songs!

View attachment 16374

I love them all too & people said I only had children so that I could read childrens' books. I was brought up on all of these & Jackanory. Poggles Wood had a profound effect on my sister & me, we still say 'hedgepig', as do our grown up children, though not in public!

Virtually 25% gone in 23 mins but about the same amount of belladonna as last year so the only way he could add more stock was to add another option which makes sense to me

Well predicted, Super!

They look so beautifully packaged but as I haven’t tried so won’t buy as I am fussy with perfumes.Tried their Blood Oranges as it was in M&S advent calander last year, I wasn’t too keen.Good guest he seems to be very knowledgeable.Nice buy if you like the scents.

Same, here, but I thought the B.O (!!!!) was ok...well for Mr B, at least. But now I can't bliddy find it. That's the problem with shopping (from Q) I hide things & then 'loose' them again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back