23/09/18 One Time Only Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That looks a nice set but then you realise that only the scrub is full size and they items are worth £37 so once you add postage cost to the OTO price you are only saving £3!! :mysmilie_10:

Totally agree. Unless you read the descriptions you would assume the hand creams are 150ml, but they’re only 75ml.

L'Occitane is not a cheap brand. I think I saw 3 tubes of hand cream for just under £40 and then postage on top - for hand cream! My new "don't buy" talk to myself is to say out loud "would you buy that if you saw it in the shops or would you think the price was stupid?" It's starting to work.

CC

the large hand cream lasts me for years in my bedside cabinet. I like the 30ml for handbags I always have those.

L'Occitane is not a cheap brand. I think I saw 3 tubes of hand cream for just under £40 and then postage on top - for hand cream! My new "don't buy" talk to myself is to say out loud "would you buy that if you saw it in the shops or would you think the price was stupid?" It's starting to work.

CC

I know that talk & my sister & I call it 'doing a mother'. She was a woman who could be a nightmare to go shopping with & my opinion that we can't take our money with us was usually met with a withering comment about buying tat. I think saying that a price is stupid is a very good way of dealing with a spending urge.

the large hand cream lasts me for years in my bedside cabinet. I like the 30ml for handbags I always have those.

I love the Shea butter big tubes - using a big dollop every night, they last me about 2 months and keep my papery hands looking vaguely human. I would consider them an excellent purchase but I do think they are only worth forking out for if you have dry/very dry hands.

The stupid price I saw recently was the fringe trim thingy that QVC are selling for £38 and I put it in my wish list. Then someone pointed out on the forum that you can buy it on Amazon for a couple of quid. THAT really opened my eyes to how much money I waste, much of it because I can't be bothered to send rubbish items back.

CC

Latest posts

Back