Liz Earle TSV 21/10/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just watched Countryfile on BBC 1.

Liz was filmed on her farm with her animals, they mentioned that she had sold her skincare company to concentrate on the farm.
I half wondered whether this news came as a bit of a shock, to those who thought she was still involved with 'her' company.

Have to say though, she was filmed outside with no studio lighting...obviously...and her skin looked great.

Funny, but someone on the QVC Facebook asked that question? I bet she must have seen Country File. Got the reply it was sold years back.

The funniest was a reply saying it was the same high quality now Boots owned it. But that is not true. They removed almond milk which is an expensive ingredient upped the cocoa butter which is one of the cheapest ingredients and clogs pores. So many now say they need to use two cleanses to remove their makeup.

Funny, but someone on the QVC Facebook asked that question? I bet she must have seen Country File. Got the reply it was sold years back.

The funniest was a reply saying it was the same high quality now Boots owned it. But that is not true. They removed almond milk which is an expensive ingredient upped the cocoa butter which is one of the cheapest ingredients and clogs pores. So many now say they need to use two cleanses to remove their makeup.

The removal of the almond milk was done before company was sold to Boots, in fact think it happened before it was even sold to Avon.

The company line for removing the almond milk was 'nut alergy '. Good one.

I also noticed that urea appears on my rich Liz Earle daily moisturiser. I'm sure that's a newie. I know that urea is a richer moisturising ingredient (often in the cracked heel cream) but I suspect it's a cheap one. :mysmilie_10: Not opened the cream yet to comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read an article where Liz Earle was praising the Angela Langford skincare brand and saying their bloom and glow oil is in her top 3 facial oils.

Oh my days..!

I just put QVC on briefly (killing time between watching the Strictly Results Show and the last episode of The Cry..!) and I feel nauseous (really!)

Just watched in horror as a close-up camera was trained on Debbie as she slathered cleanse and polish all over her face (with no hairband or even attempt to take her hair away from her face, although Caroline did try to hold one side back at one point!).

She pulled a face which I think was meant to convey pleasure at the scent and then rubbed, wiped and talked all as she scrubbed at her heavy on-air make up, sharing the gunky muslin cloth "results" as she went..

Ugh! Don't know why I found it so unpleasant! Sure I wouldn't look elegant doing it either, but then I wouldn't inflict that on anyone let alone on camera!

Caroline commented that it was "very brave"... She's now make-up free and layering up with a serum and oil.

Time to turn over in case she decides to demo the body products as well!! ;)

Just replying to myself (this happens a lot when you live mostly on your own! It's either that or my chats with my cat-child...

But just wanted to note I was talking about Debbie Flint the presenter removing her make up on air - in her slightly dodgy way - not the lovely model, also called Debbie, who was on the same LE show demo-ing professionally! That didn't turn my tummy at all ;)

I read an article where Liz Earle was praising the Angela Langford skincare brand and saying their bloom and glow oil is in her top 3 facial oils.

That's interesting,

Have you tried them?

They are good at sending out some personalised samples (think I paid postage though forget how much) and I did like her facial oils but sadly when I went to look at purchasing full sizes, found they were out of my price range in general (but you could tell the quality).

Really liked the pore minimising product too.

That's interesting,

Have you tried them?

They are good at sending out some personalised samples (think I paid postage though forget how much) and I did like her facial oils but sadly when I went to look at purchasing full sizes, found they were out of my price range in general (but you could tell the quality).

Really liked the pore minimising product too.

I bought a full sized Bloom and Glow oil which was really nice. I also liked the sample of the cleanser Clean Sweep but as yet I haven`t ordered a full size. I have stuff to use up and stopped stockpiling skincare ages ago. The most I keep in stock are 2 of everything and no more.

Just replying to myself (this happens a lot when you live mostly on your own! It's either that or my chats with my cat-child...

But just wanted to note I was talking about Debbie Flint the presenter removing her make up on air - in her slightly dodgy way - not the lovely model, also called Debbie, who was on the same LE show demo-ing professionally! That didn't turn my tummy at all ;)

Don't panic, i think we all knew that :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59:

Yes, Liz did remove the almond milk before Avon. But also towards the end before she sold people started noticing the natural ingredients being pushed down the list and the cheaper ingredients coming to the top. Bet that poor Aloe Vera plant she used to abuse on air was happy when she left.:mysmilie_19:

I read Angela Lansbury, not the lady from Masterchief...

Latest posts

Back