Andi Peters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been making sponges in the microwave for years, they come out really well. It's not exactly a new idea. I cook them in a bowl though, not a mug.

As for Andi Peters, you sometimes wonder what TV personalities are like in real life. With Andi Peters there is no doubt sadly.

I've been making sponges in the microwave for years, they come out really well. It's not exactly a new idea. I cook them in a bowl though, not a mug.

As for Andi Peters, you sometimes wonder what TV personalities are like in real life. With Andi Peters there is no doubt sadly.

I'm sure your sponges are better than those mug ones, however I'm still not convinced that sponge cakes are best done in a microwave.

A colleague of mine interviewed AP for a feature earlier this year and confirmed pretty much what we've most of us been saying on here. AP belongs to a category of celeb whose curiously-enduring presence we mostly seem to hate. Anthea Turner is another. I cannot say I'm overly fond of Ruth Langsford either, or Amanda Holden.

AP is looking rather full in the face. He needs to cut down on the amount he eats on these shows & probably after them when all the food's being cleared away. Unless the idea is to then flog a diet & exercise plan on the Q. From :mysmilie_46: to :mysmilie_8:

Given what he's like on QVC, I can imagine him being a nightmare to work for. I detest it when people have to throw their weight around, belittle others, mouth off just to feel good about themselves and better than others. Newsflash - it makes those people look small and meanspirited. Not the kind of people I want in my life.

Given what he's like on QVC, I can imagine him being a nightmare to work for. I detest it when people have to throw their weight around, belittle others, mouth off just to feel good about themselves and better than others. Newsflash - it makes those people look small and meanspirited. Not the kind of people I want in my life.

I agree. When I was promoted to manager of alarm-ish team, I was told that good management is transparent. Staff are managed but they don’t know it. Very true and it was possible.

The one golden rule in management is that you can’t hunt with the fox AND run with the hounds.

Unfortunately very few managers understand this and then wonder how they have no control.

My work just doesn’t understand you can’t be out on the p**s tonight and pulling a strip of the same people tomorrow or even worse only disciplining those who were not included in the pub crawl.

He's an absolutely loathsome man. I remember in the 90s he said he liked to shop in Harrods because they have a special queue for VIPs and rich and famous celebrities, and he didn't have to stand in line with the hoi polloi waiting to be served.

He's an absolutely loathsome man. I remember in the 90s he said he liked to shop in Harrods because they have a special queue for VIPs and rich and famous celebrities, and he didn't have to stand in line with the hoi polloi waiting to be served.

How lovely! Then he deigns to come on QVC and flog goods to said hoi polloi!

That just about sums up the man. He clearly has a chip on his shoulder. He is like many of his 'ilk', on the outer circle of celebrity-land as they haven't quite made it, so are stuck in childrens' and selly telly.

I've often wondered how funny it is that 'slebs' want to flog on QVC, but mainstream telly aren't exactly beating down the door to hire any of the presenters. (though I suspect many of them would love to be more widely known and recognised)

And yet, on his "Foodfest" he said there was nothing wrong with Primark, so he's either a liar, a sarcastic bugger, or both.......I'm going with both.

The irony of an instant cake in a mug 'straight from your microwave' on one channel & nine people making biscuit chandeliers on another! The original set of mug cakes has 17 reviews with 15 giving 5*, I wonder what Paul Hollywood would say.

What would our Grannies say?

Both my grandmothers were wonderful women & I think they would find many things about today's world totally incomprehensible.

Mine too. She was a very intelligent, resourceful and capable lady. She hated microwave ovens.

Not sure what relevance using microwaves has to intelligence or how wonderful a person you are. Sounds like the sort of judgemental nonsense Andi Peters would trot out.

A favorite statement in our house is " What would my Mother think ? " and we trot it out regularly. Whether it`s something shocking on the TV or we spot bad behaviour or a fashion trend or a new piece of technology. The nearest thing to hi tech my Mother ever reached was an automatic washing machine which we bought her when she badly smashed her arm in a fall and her old twin tub was too difficult for her to pull out, fill and hoist clothes from the tub to the spinner. She was NOT impressed and declared she could wash a week`s washing in the time the automatic took to do one load.
I remember my first microwave and using it to warm baby food. My Mum declared the waves would fry his brains and I shouldn`t be using such a dangerous thing.
She died over 30 years ago and I often wonder what she`d make of the internet, the fact that money can be spent online using nothing but a piece of plastic and bank accounts could be hacked and emptied by an invisible person on the other side of the World. She`d have taken her old Post Office savings book to bed with her and stuffed it under the mattress along with her pension book and birth certificate.
She`d have been fascinated by gadgets holding hundreds of photos instead of the old biscuit tins and chocolate boxes she kept her faded black and white ones in and a mobile phone would have been tossed aside as being useless for her ex weaver`s work worn sausage sized fingers.
As for cakes in a cup, her tut tutting would have been heard from miles away as she`d declare that "Nowt made in a cup could be called baking !" and a proper housewife would lay aside one morning a week to be elbow deep in flour and timing the 3 shelves of cakes and pies in the ancient gas oven which was built before the War whilst beating off 4 hungry kids fighting who licked the baking bowl and spoon.

My father died last year at 92 and he loved all modern gadgets. His hearing aid made phone calls difficult but he could text like a thing possessed.

My father died last year at 92 and he loved all modern gadgets. His hearing aid made phone calls difficult but he could text like a thing possessed.

I`ve often wondered what my Mum would make of cordless vacuum cleaners ? Her idea of cordless was an ancient Ewbank with a screw in handle which coughed its contents all over the floor if you tried to use it anything but the thinnest carpet. I reckon she`d have loved the cordless cleaners and it would have been one piece of new technology she`d have been keen to own, especially as her old cylinder vacuum had its hose held together with duck tape and blew out more dust than it sucked !

A favorite statement in our house is " What would my Mother think ? " and we trot it out regularly. Whether it`s something shocking on the TV or we spot bad behaviour or a fashion trend or a new piece of technology. The nearest thing to hi tech my Mother ever reached was an automatic washing machine which we bought her when she badly smashed her arm in a fall and her old twin tub was too difficult for her to pull out, fill and hoist clothes from the tub to the spinner. She was NOT impressed and declared she could wash a week`s washing in the time the automatic took to do one load.
I remember my first microwave and using it to warm baby food. My Mum declared the waves would fry his brains and I shouldn`t be using such a dangerous thing.
She died over 30 years ago and I often wonder what she`d make of the internet, the fact that money can be spent online using nothing but a piece of plastic and bank accounts could be hacked and emptied by an invisible person on the other side of the World. She`d have taken her old Post Office savings book to bed with her and stuffed it under the mattress along with her pension book and birth certificate.
She`d have been fascinated by gadgets holding hundreds of photos instead of the old biscuit tins and chocolate boxes she kept her faded black and white ones in and a mobile phone would have been tossed aside as being useless for her ex weaver`s work worn sausage sized fingers.
As for cakes in a cup, her tut tutting would have been heard from miles away as she`d declare that "Nowt made in a cup could be called baking !" and a proper housewife would lay aside one morning a week to be elbow deep in flour and timing the 3 shelves of cakes and pies in the ancient gas oven which was built before the War whilst beating off 4 hungry kids fighting who licked the baking bowl and spoon.

You tell fabulous stories, I can see those children as though they're in front of me now.

Vienna, part of your post rings so true with me and my lovely gran. She died in 2000 and how lucky was I to hold on to her until I was 37. I miss her now, every day and forever, as I'm sure you miss your mum. xxx

CC