Andi Peters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Just witnessed the promo for Andi Peters Food Fest - the gurneying face of that idiot is enough to make me switch off. Why is he still there ? he shows off all the time, and attempts to scene steal every moment on air.

I saw him once as a judge on Masterchef, and he was so patronising that if I was serving him I would have dumped his meal in his lap !!!

Agree, he really thinks he is an expert on food:mysmilie_19: So nasty when judging on Celeb Masterchef and he didn't even win! On the QVC Facebook, many seem to think he is funny, no he is a twat!

Let's not forget he doesn't just present these programmes, he curates them. The use of that verb in these situations is so pretentious IMHO. It's the Q, not the V&A!! And yet, despite his work I notice most of the brands were already on QVC. Has he actually been round the country, found some artisanal bakery or whatever, and brought them to QVC? Perhaps he has and I do him a disservice. I do occasionally watch his shows but I am never impressed by his attitude. If I were Dale I would have punched him in the nose by now.

QVC probably think they've bagged a star, thing is though like Amanda Holden and Ruthie before him, Andi Peters would go to the opening of an envelope so he's not being select, he's just not picky who pays him and puts his face out there.

Agree, he really thinks he is an expert on food:mysmilie_19: So nasty when judging on Celeb Masterchef and he didn't even win! On the QVC Facebook, many seem to think he is funny, no he is a twat!

no he is a twat!

:mysmilie_15:

I can't stand Andi Peters. He really is rather overbearing, I'm afraid. His endorsement is not going to sway me to spend £20 on a bag of popcorn, however "amaizeing"it might be.

He's on now. I think he was just fat shaming the pie man. Wasn't going to watch but I want to see if they've got anything new in.

CC

He's on with Dale & the pie man... AP has just said something about it being some time since pie man was on one of their shows & how good it was to have him back. Dale was equally creepy & used the word important - about him & his questionable pies. Good grief.

He's on with Dale & the pie man... AP has just said something about it being some time since pie man was on one of their shows & how good it was to have him back. Dale was equally creepy & used the word important - about him & his questionable pies. Good grief.

I agree T Dale is a creep, reminds me of a used car salesman with a Simon Biagi perma grin. They also have no scruples or self respect.

Just tuned in now to see Peters touting some sort of cake mix that purportedly "bakes" in a microwave in under 80 seconds. It's hard to know what's more repulsive - the cake mix or Peters. Where are we as a society that we need a cake that cooks in a mug in the microwave - what a load of f***ing BOLLOCKS. Why does Peters keep talking while eating? It's just so horrible!

People want cakes and they want them fast, so we get micro in a mug cake. I always think they look horrible but I'm not a cake eater. They do seem to sell though but why can't you bake them in a cake tin or at the very least a bowl? No novelty value in that I suppose.

CC

People want cakes and they want them fast, so we get micro in a mug cake. I always think they look horrible but I'm not a cake eater. They do seem to sell though but why can't you bake them in a cake tin or at the very least a bowl? No novelty value in that I suppose.

CC

If people want cakes so fast why don't they just buy them ready-made? Baking a cake relies on the so-called Maillard reaction involving protein + dry heat. A microwave over uses a magnetron to convert electrical energy into shortwave microwave radiation to rub the water molecules together, thereby producing heat - but crucially not dry heat. So those so-called cakes are not true cakes at all. Personally I'd call them: "Cakes For Mugs." I'm sure you get my point.

If people want cakes so fast why don't they just buy them ready-made? Baking a cake relies on the so-called Maillard reaction involving protein + dry heat. A microwave over uses a magnetron to convert electrical energy into shortwave microwave radiation to rub the water molecules together, thereby producing heat - but crucially not dry heat. So those so-called cakes are not true cakes at all. Personally I'd call them: "Cakes For Mugs." I'm sure you get my point.

:mysmilie_17: I agree, why not just buy a ready made cake and eat it nicely off a plate rather than digging it out of a mug and disguising the horrible taste with ice cream.

CC

:mysmilie_17: I agree, why not just buy a ready made cake and eat it nicely off a plate rather than digging it out of a mug and disguising the horrible taste with ice cream.

CC

I know. It's funny what what people pay good money for. Instant things are usually utterly mediocre. Instant cappuccino, microwave chips, instant coffee...are any of these things any good?

The irony of an instant cake in a mug 'straight from your microwave' on one channel & nine people making biscuit chandeliers on another! The original set of mug cakes has 17 reviews with 15 giving 5*, I wonder what Paul Hollywood would say.

Haven't watched Bake Off since it moved from BBC1, and now I think I may be abandoning Strictly as I recognise more members of the audience than I do the contestants !!!!