Festive Food TSV 22/10/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not doing expensive food this year. If it is a meat hamper, the one that's been on with the roast beef/lamb/pork for £80 is vastly overpriced for the size of the joints.

CC

Whatever it is it will be overpriced and questionable quality. I like to see what I am buying and prefer to support local shops. I would never buy food from Q or any other mail order company.

We have several independent butchers in our town and they will all make up hampers to order, including pickles, relish, stuffing etc. Very reasonably priced and you can see what you are getting. Much of it is produced locally, at least in the county.

the thought of collecting biscuit tins fills me with dread...I dont collect anything and the amount of stuff I have to keep sifting and throwing away is irritating enough WITHOUT COLLECTING BISCUIT TINS! :mysmilie_5:

the thought of collecting biscuit tins fills me with dread...I dont collect anything and the amount of stuff I have to keep sifting and throwing away is irritating enough WITHOUT COLLECTING BISCUIT TINS! :mysmilie_5:

I'm with you on that and also the thought of spending that much on a tin of biscuits fills me with dread. I'd rather make up a hamper with packets of biscuits from a supermarket.

I was in Home Bargains the other day and they had quite a few fancy tins of biscuits. i have a thing about not collecting tins because my Mother hoarded them. When she died and my Dad moved house I sorted through things for him and we had tins galore, biscuit tins, Quality Street tins, shortbread tins etc. We had a biscuit tin full of buttons because she always cut the buttons off discarded clothes, we had a tin full of first aid stuff such as plasters and bandages, we had a tin full of sewing threads and needles, another tin held shoe polish and brushes and one filled with medicines and tablets and she even had a tin filled with odd spoons, egg cups and pastry cutters. There was also a tin filled with pens besides the telephone and yet none of the pens ever seemed to work and if you rang her and she needed to write anything down you`d hear her swear cos the pen wouldn`t work so she`d disappear off to find another tin with a working pen in it. She had a tin filled with clothes pegs which on occasion must have been left in the rain and had turned rusty so if you pegged out her washing for her you`d have to be very careful not to get rust on it and that`s just the tale of SOME of her tins so maybe you`ll now understand my phobia about not owning any lol

its a bit like you were bought up not to waste stuff and you might need that one day but over the years I have woken up to the fact that its best just to get rid. a beautiful home is one thats no laden with loads of "stuff". taken me a long time to figure that out but I am learning.....slowly!

I was in Home Bargains the other day and they had quite a few fancy tins of biscuits. i have a thing about not collecting tins because my Mother hoarded them. When she died and my Dad moved house I sorted through things for him and we had tins galore, biscuit tins, Quality Street tins, shortbread tins etc. We had a biscuit tin full of buttons because she always cut the buttons off discarded clothes, we had a tin full of first aid stuff such as plasters and bandages, we had a tin full of sewing threads and needles, another tin held shoe polish and brushes and one filled with medicines and tablets and she even had a tin filled with odd spoons, egg cups and pastry cutters. There was also a tin filled with pens besides the telephone and yet none of the pens ever seemed to work and if you rang her and she needed to write anything down you`d hear her swear cos the pen wouldn`t work so she`d disappear off to find another tin with a working pen in it. She had a tin filled with clothes pegs which on occasion must have been left in the rain and had turned rusty so if you pegged out her washing for her you`d have to be very careful not to get rust on it and that`s just the tale of SOME of her tins so maybe you`ll now understand my phobia about not owning any lol

Love it!

She sounds ace, but I'm feelin' you, V. There is a lot of that about, believe me.....

I used to collect my dad's pipe tobacco tins when I was a child. I loved the smell of them. No idea what happened to them but I have to admit to being a hoarder and have to ruthlessly de-hoard on a regular basis. I have one tin shaped like a telephone box that I keep vanilla pods in - weird or what lol.

CC

No chance of any of those horrors being kept in the house after the contents have been eaten.

Churchill's Confectionery Set of 2 Collectable Tins with Biscuits
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.807744

Auto-Delivery Churchill's Confectionery Set of 2 Collectable Tins with Biscuits
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.808350

QVC Price £18.50
Todays Special Value Price £14.98
P&P £1.95

A set of two biscuit tins from Churchill's, filled with delicious biscuits in flavours you'll currently only find at QVC, and beautifully decorated in your choice of Glamour Ladies or Santa Snowglobe designs. These exquisite tins are perfect for giving as gifts or saving for when guests come to visit, and are sure to garner many appreciative comments.

Hollywood starlets - inspired by famous actresses from years gone by, the Glamour Ladies tins are rectangular in shape and boast a gold effect border, each with an embossed starlet posing on the red carpet in a dazzling frock that’s authentic to the era. Filled with Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chunk Biscuits, and White Chocolate Raspberry Biscuits, this fantastic option is perfect for those that love the glamour and decadence of Hollywood in the 50s.

Get in the festive spirit - wish a very merry Christmas to friends and family with the Santa Snowglobe option, featuring two dome-shaped tins that are decorated with a jolly Father Christmas design on one side and a festive reindeer scene on the other. Filled with Christmas Spice Shortbread Petticoat Tails and Mini Shortbread Trees, this delicious assortment makes the perfect festive gift this year.

Keep the cupboards stocked - choose our Auto Delivery option to receive your chosen collection twice more, 50 days apart, at today's fantastic price. It's the perfect way to stock up on gifts before Christmas arrives, and as a special after-Christmas treat.

Design options:

Glamour Ladies
Christmas Snowglobes

Store in a cool, dry place out of sunlight
Shelf life: 12 months

Glamour Ladies option contains:

1 x Ava tin (300g) - filled with Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chunk Biscuits
1 x Rita tin (300g) - filled with White Chocolate and Raspberry Biscuits

Christmas Snowglobes option contains:

1 x Father Christmas tin (225g) - filled with Christmas Spice Shortbread Petticoat Tails
1 x Father Christmas tin (225g) - filled with Mini Shortbread Trees

December Glamour Ladies option contains:

1 x Ava tin (300g) - filled with Stem Ginger and Lemon Biscuits
1 x Rita tin (300g) - filled with Apple Crumble Biscuits

December Christmas Snowglobes option contains:

1 x Father Christmas tin (225g) - filled with Cinnamon Shortbread Petticoat Tails
1 x Father Christmas tin (225g) - filled with Mini Shortbread Stars

Both January options contain:

1 x Woodland Fair tin (225g) - filled with Mini Belgian Choc Chunk Biscuits
1 x Woodland Fair tin (225g) - filled with Shortbread Petticoat Tails

For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document - allergens will be in bold

Delivered directly from Churchill's Confectionery: please allow 10 -14 working days for delivery

Latest posts

Back