Amazon TSV 30/09/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Typical QVC selling off old stock, they did this with the "Echo". The equivalent Google home mini can be picked up for £33 and has better speakers. I agree with Deanos, if you need a "Dot" get the newer one in October or wait for a black friday deal.

typical qvc selling the old outgoing version

new one is here https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0792KWK57/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

if you can wait expect it to discount on black friday

Thanks for this info. I am thinking of ordering, but not sure now (I was getting 2).

The new one has a 15W power supply, the current one is 9W, which implies the sound will be louder and/or better quality on the new one.

I want one for me, the other as an xmas gift, so can't bank on getting them cheaper when the new one comes out.

You can get good deals on Amazon if you wait for Black Friday etc. I got the dot and the latest Firestick for under £50. My OH also got 2 Echo Shows for £150 ......... that was down to an error by Amazon but they honoured the price even though they quickly realised their error.

(Not technology, but I got a £45 pair of slippers for nothing the other week from Amazon. They reduced the price and there was a voucher attached to it which took the price down to zero. Once again they honoured their error. The 'deal' was removed within seconds of my placing my order though.)

Although QVC's price looks good, it pays to shop around as you're more likely to pick up the latest model rather than old stock.

You can get good deals on Amazon if you wait for Black Friday etc. I got the dot and the latest Firestick for under £50. My OH also got 2 Echo Shows for £150 ......... that was down to an error by Amazon but they honoured the price even though they quickly realised their error.

(Not technology, but I got a £45 pair of slippers for nothing the other week from Amazon. They reduced the price and there was a voucher attached to it which took the price down to zero. Once again they honoured their error. The 'deal' was removed within seconds of my placing my order though.)

Although QVC's price looks good, it pays to shop around as you're more likely to pick up the latest model rather than old stock.

The launch price of the new one on Amazon is £10 more than the current one, at £50 - 1P.

So I doubt if the new one will come down much for a while.

Latest posts

Back