why cant ..............?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If I’m out walking I don’t mind a hat but if going to work it flattens my hair which is not a good look. I have a range of hats but the best one I got last year in Debenhams. It is waterproof on the outside (but not in a plasticy way) and a lovely short fake fur lining. The shape keeps it on your head without flattening too much and the fur can’t get wet but is cosy. Plus it was in a sale and when I got to the till there was even more off it I seem to remember it being under a tenner.

I discovered a lady in America, via Etsy, who makes THE most fab knitted cloche hats - something you don't find here. Admittedly a bit pricy, but have two now, and they always attract compliments.

Memories were brought back with the scarf around the hood 'look'. Who remembers getting dressed for school in front of an open oven door, with the liberty bodice and rubber buttons, and then I had little leather leg gaiters up my leg with minute buttons that took forever to do up.

I discovered a lady in America, via Etsy, who makes THE most fab knitted cloche hats - something you don't find here. Admittedly a bit pricy, but have two now, and they always attract compliments.

Memories were brought back with the scarf around the hood 'look'. Who remembers getting dressed for school in front of an open oven door, with the liberty bodice and rubber buttons, and then I had little leather leg gaiters up my leg with minute buttons that took forever to do up.

I didn't have those but my mum did dry my hair by sitting me in front of the open door of the Aga they had inherited when they bought the house. Obviously placing children in front of open oven doors is not a good idea, strangely it didn't bother me & my hair never suffered.

We were even less safety PC as it was all done in front of an open fire!

My mother favoured those awful long metal grip clip things as she loved us to have wavy hair, I hated them with a passion.

We were even less safety PC as it was all done in front of an open fire!

My mother favoured those awful long metal grip clip things as she loved us to have wavy hair, I hated them with a passion.

I remember sitting between my Mum's knees while she put my hair in rags, so the next day I'd have Shirley Temple curls !

Very lucky to still have my mum around at my age. We had our difficulties but it all worked out in the end. Who remembers those snorkel hood parkas you had in the 70's? Our school banned them because when you zipped up the hood you could only see out a small circle in front of you. As the school was on a mega busy road they were probably lots of accidents waiting to happen.

CC

Latest posts

Back