Joy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
The film. Has anyone seen it ?

Have read the write up, and its about a woman - Joy Mangano (Jennifer Lawrence) who made her name as the inventor of a new mop, which she promoted on QVC. Should be worth a watch.

Its on Thursday at 9pm on Film 4.

Yup I've seen it. But I also remember Joy Mangano being on QVC UK with her Rolykits and other items so it was difficult to see Jennifer Lawrence playing her as they're not remotely similar.

My overriding memory of JM was her large hands - how ridiculous am I?!?! :mysmilie_46:

I won't be watching it, but apparently from what I've read half of it isn't true, so yes I can see why it fits in well with QVC. http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/joy/ :mysmilie_17:

As riveting as a film about a woman who creates a mop appearing on a shopping channel might sound, I can see why it was a massive flop at the movies, could be that there are a thousand more inspirational people with inspirational stories you could make a film about.

I remember her we have one of her Rolykits but why on earth they would make a film about her goodness knows. Who will be next? Will it be Kimmy or Dennis or the guy who sold the crap paintings of light? There are many more I’m sure long forgotten now.

And Bradley Cooper plays the QVC executive who supports her. Bradley Cooper! Mind you, I did read some reasonable reviews for it when it came out.

There's no mention of rolykits in this film; maybe they planned a sequel? So I'd hate anyone to sit through it if rolykits are your thing.

We still have two yellow ones - each of my children had one and could take on trips any toys, crayons etc that would fit in their rolykit. We still have them packed from their last rolykit trip - it's like a time capsule of them aged about 9 years old - a few favourite Happy Meal toys and mini power ranger action figures, scented gel pens and the like. They were each responsible for making sure they repacked everything to bring home and it worked - never lost a crayon! Good times!

Oh, and for anyone who watches Doctors BBC1 lunchtime(it is on in our tea room in work), one of the doctors is now on selly telly channel selling his wonder face creams. The set for the channel looks so QVC:mysmilie_19:

Latest posts

Back