Miceal Murphy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A incredible and detailed read and the one thing that struck me, apart from what he went through, is that he chose to keep the details to himself even when people were asking about him. What a marked difference to other presenters who choose to inform/bore us with every finite details of their life.

I hope that he continues to recover so that he is back to 100% health very soon ................. and it just shows that we should be grateful for every day and live for the present.

I quite like him, his presentations aren’t me me me.

Hope he keeps well but with that sort of healthy lifestyle he stands as good a chance as possible despite genetic causes.

One line resonated...... 'he realised he loved his brother so much he would move mountains for him'.
Nothing more needs to be said - that's the mark of the man.

Goodness, what a read. I was thinking what a marvellous brother he is and then it just went into his own problems. Poor chap!

It proves that Micael has great strength of character and good wishes to him for a long and happy life.

May your god go with you.

I admit I do not watch QVC that much now so it was only when posts started appearing on the QVC Facebook realized Miceal was missing. Over some months people kept asking and just told he would be returning and he was unwell. Because it seemed months I did get the idea it was something serious, I actually thought a cancer scare!

Poor man losing family members so young and then finding out his brother had inherited heart problems then finding he had too. So glad to hear he is on the mend.

The comments about having problems with the after operation medications etc reminded me of my big brother. He had to have a quadruple bypass which he was told was straightforward, the surgeon did 4 a day! But it was the anaesthetic and medication afterwards which he had a major problem with. He should have been up and about quite quickly but this did not happen. So Miceal is not alone with after operation problems. My brother is fine now 6 years later.

Poor chap and I feel his pain.
My Gran on my Mother`s side died in her 40`s leaving a husband and 9 children but back then they obviously didn`t have the technology, tests and info they do now. One of my Mother`s brothers also died in his 40`s and when my Mum reached her 40`s she also started being ill and was diagnosed with Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. That would be over 50 years ago and if she`d lived she`d now be 97 but she died in her early 60`s.
Fast forward many years and myself and my brothers and sister were sent for genetic tests to check if we`d inherited the problem. I was negative, as was my sister but both of my brothers were positive for the disease.
Both were closely monitored, both were put on medication which would hopefully slow down the thickening and deterioration of the heart and both were non smokers, rarely drank alcohol and physically fit men but still the disease marched on. My oldest brother had a triple bypass a few years ago and my youngest brother had to take early retirement from his job as a fireman. There is no cure for the disease and a person`s best chance of survival to old age is a heart transplant. Hopefully in years to come research will find a cure and this dreadful disease will stop being passed from one generation to another.
The next generation are now being tested for it and so far 2 of my nieces have also inherited the disease. Both are in their 40`s and we live in hope that sometime soon there will be more which can be done for them.
I feel so sorry for the heavy burden Miceal has been carrying and I truly hope from now on he will be fit, healthy and have many more years to live life to the full.

Well that brought a tear to my eye. What a man, just goes to show its only selly telly and there are more important things in life. Makes you think about getting a full health check.

I have just read Miceal's moving and inspirational blog. I am so glad that he and his brother have come through all that life has just thrown at them with grace, kindness and humility.

I then went on to read Julia's last 2 blogs,(I must stop this), and there she is blowing her own trumpet again, bragging and basically coming over, to me anyway, as a self-centred egomaniac who just cannot help herself from telling everyone what a wonderful life she has and a wonderful home.

I know which presenter I would like for a friend, and it ain't Miss Braggy.

Wishing for Miceal a healthy and happy future.My advice would be ... try to look forward and leave all the worry and pain behind.

I have just read Miceal's moving and inspirational blog. I am so glad that he and his brother have come through all that life has just thrown at them with grace, kindness and humility.

I then went on to read Julia's last 2 blogs,(I must stop this), and there she is blowing her own trumpet again, bragging and basically coming over, to me anyway, as a self-centred egomaniac who just cannot help herself from telling everyone what a wonderful life she has and a wonderful home.

I know which presenter I would like for a friend, and it ain't Miss Braggy.

I completely agree with you - what a contrast.

Thank you for posting the link and heads-up, SCW.

Miceal puts everything in perspective. The important things in life are the ones we love, and the priorities are knowing they are happy, healthy and safe. Miceal has truly been doing some heavy lifting and only now mentions it. What shines through is his love for his family: protectiveness, pride and devotion. I hope both he and his brother continue to get stronger in their recovery. Good luck to you Miceal.

I’ve never criticised Micheal as I’ve always found him a lovely genuine person and after reading his blog this has been confirmed.

Latest posts

Back