AK writing/written a book now!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's getting silly now though isn't it Liam, their delusions of grandeur knows no bounds :mysmilie_3:

On this point I'll go into bat for her because it's about her illness; the operations, treatment & emotional effect it had on her & her family. I get the feeling it's aimed at others going through the same & giving out a message of hope. One of the most amazing books I've ever read was 'When Bad Things Happen in Good Bikinis' by Helen Bailey. I've recommended it to a number of people who had been bereaved, even though none of them had witnessed their loved one die in tragic circumstances, they all found it positive & comforting. I'm just sorry she didn't live long enough to see how many benefited from reading her story.

I've not read the book so I won't comment on it. I'm sure A. Keenan has a story in her - we all do, and she has maintained a sense of decorum during difficult times - or at least that's how it seems. I'm sure she must have had some awful experiences related to her health concerns. She seems a little more intelligent and classy than most of the other presenters and I'm sure she has a good command of the written word. I'll be you anything it'll beat Flint's tacky chick **it by a country mile!

I was driving through Richmond earlier and the Beatles song "Paperback Writer" came on the radio. The lyrics made Deb Flint spring to mind!

It's getting silly now though isn't it Liam, their delusions of grandeur knows no bounds :mysmilie_3:

Well shopperholic, I’d like to know in other places of work the size of Q, what ratio of staff become published (self or otherwise) authors. It’s like a rash at Q! Is it a hotbed for literary inspiration, something in the water or Amazon? Would they be as motivated to put the proverbial pen to paper working on a Tesco till or is it the ease of computers. I work in a primary school surrounded by the literacy curriculum and in 30 years of staff changes I’ve never once come across a self published tome in the staff room or anybody asking for a critique! Then again, has DF or JR asked for a critique? Maybe from AK that speaks volumes! Excuse the pun!

Well shopperholic, I’d like to know in other places of work the size of Q, what ratio of staff become published (self or otherwise) authors. It’s like a rash at Q! Is it a hotbed for literary inspiration, something in the water or Amazon? Would they be as motivated to put the proverbial pen to paper working on a Tesco till or is it the ease of computers. I work in a primary school surrounded by the literacy curriculum and in 30 years of staff changes I’ve never once come across a self published tome in the staff room or anybody asking for a critique! Then again, has DF or JR asked for a critique? Maybe from AK that speaks volumes! Excuse the pun!

If she wants to help people she can help them for free in all sorts of ways like a blog or on Facebook but no she chooses to write a book, the cynical part of me says it's to cash in and get publicity.

If she wants to help people she can help them for free in all sorts of ways like a blog or on Facebook but no she chooses to write a book, the cynical part of me says it's to cash in and get publicity.

I think she did write on the BCC forum so it may be that this is a complilation of those posts. The book I mentioned was a collection of posts & readers responses, it was put together very well & although the subject matter was harrowing it was compulsive reading. I assume she's self publishing which infers that these type of books don't sell well enough to interest the big houses. I also think people are divided between those who find other's accounts of illness or trauma helpful & those who concentrate on their own situation.

I think she did write on the BCC forum so it may be that this is a complilation of those posts. The book I mentioned was a collection of posts & readers responses, it was put together very well & although the subject matter was harrowing it was compulsive reading. I assume she's self publishing which infers that these type of books don't sell well enough to interest the big houses. I also think people are divided between those who find other's accounts of illness or trauma helpful & those who concentrate on their own situation.

I was CIN3, the cusp of cervical cancer at 28 (25 years ago) and had my cervix and womb removed, we didn't mind so much as we had our two beautiful sons anyway, so I was "lucky" in that respect and I'm still here to tell the tale (phew!) In those days we only had books, no social media, but I can't ever remember feeling the need to read one, probably because I was on my own journey fighting my own personal battle, and because everyone's battle is different.

I was CIN3, the cusp of cervical cancer at 28 (25 years ago) and had my cervix and womb removed, we didn't mind so much as we had our two beautiful sons anyway, so I was "lucky" in that respect and I'm still here to tell the tale (phew!) In those days we only had books, no social media, but I can't ever remember feeling the need to read one, probably because I was on my own journey fighting my own personal battle, and because everyone's battle is different.

Oh Shopper, I thought something like that had happened from a post some time ago & I'm delighted you're still here to tell the tale & will continue to do that. I haven't faced an illness like that, the closest would be watching my mum & now someone close to us. Our most difficult battle was losing our first baby, a boy, at 26 weeks. The awful thought it could happen again haunted me & having two girls after him always made me feel there was a reason he wasn't meant to meet us & the world. I also never felt the need for the words of others & carried on my journey my way, because as you say all battles are personal

If she feels her book might help others then fair enough although I agree some people prefer to deal with things themselves. However I dont see the point of asking for feedback from QVC viewers. So many of them just seem to think anything and anyone linked to QVC is wonderful and would never give any negative opinions.

On this point I'll go into bat for her because it's about her illness; the operations, treatment & emotional effect it had on her & her family. I get the feeling it's aimed at others going through the same & giving out a message of hope. One of the most amazing books I've ever read was 'When Bad Things Happen in Good Bikinis' by Helen Bailey. I've recommended it to a number of people who had been bereaved, even though none of them had witnessed their loved one die in tragic circumstances, they all found it positive & comforting. I'm just sorry she didn't live long enough to see how many benefited from reading her story.

I think AK is a very brave person,and I say good luck with her book if she can convey hope to anyone going through what she has been through.

I'll certainly give it a read when it comes out. I'm intrigued! I know certain activities are popular in certain circles. A few years back many singing stars were buying vineyards.

I do wonder why Jill F hasn't written a book yet? She loves to talk about herself, does she not? She must have something to say - losing Scruncher, being in Grange Hill and on shopping TV she could tell few tales, I'm sure.

Oh Shopper, I thought something like that had happened from a post some time ago & I'm delighted you're still here to tell the tale & will continue to do that. I haven't faced an illness like that, the closest would be watching my mum & now someone close to us. Our most difficult battle was losing our first baby, a boy, at 26 weeks. The awful thought it could happen again haunted me & having two girls after him always made me feel there was a reason he wasn't meant to meet us & the world. I also never felt the need for the words of others & carried on my journey my way, because as you say all battles are personal

Oh no, my heart honestly goes out to you T, I can not think of anything in this world worse than losing a child, I’m so very sorry for you, sending you a massive virtual hug xx

I think AK is a very brave person,and I say good luck with her book if she can convey hope to anyone going through what she has been through.

I agree, but does she really need to charge people money for it. Especially when it’s a frightening, debilitating time and people will need all the money they can get their hands on.

Latest posts

Back