Made specially for QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
May I ask what people think when they hear that an item is made specially for QVC we've had this with many suppliers Kipling Radley Clarks etc etc my immediate thoughts when I hear this is that the product will be substandard compared to their usual merchandise and I just wondered what others think and why do suppliers make things specially for QVC

As we have found out over the years, never ever the same quality as companies regular stock.

Kipling features in normal range gone. The cheap tacky Butler & Wilson stuff stones falling out.

Clarks I will say old stock they want to be rid of rather than made especially for QVC. Same with Radley, I doubt they make especially for QVC. There was a handbag I fancied Radley on QVC and I did watch the video how it was special at QVC, £149+ then £6.95 shipping. I found the handbag on Radley website in their sale as that range was being discontinued at £85 free fully tracked shipping arrived in 48 hours beautifully packed with a free returns label

For me it is the company make cheap and know they will sell more products on one day on QVC than in a store or online so quick profit. The easy pay just pulls people in at QVC but if they actually looked could find the exact same item much cheaper elsewhere.

More profit for everyone if made for QVC items are manufactured to a lower standard and if they can cut corners. Lots of people have posted on here, on facebook etc how disappointing made for QVC items have often been. I think those words " specially made for QVC " can put some people off buying not encourage them.
They stick a brand name on it and people think they`re getting something special when in reality they`re getting mass produced frequently made in X Country sub standard. How can anything whether its bags, clothes, boots, jewellery or whatever be called designer when QVC can stock zillions of them ? That isn`t designer that`s cheaply made mass production.

It doesn't bother me. Some high street brands do exclusives for particular stores e.g. Coast do some styles or colours only for Debenhams. Didn't the Lulu Guinness Frank's bag start off as a qvc style and then went on to the LG website, presumably owing to popularity.

May I ask what people think when they hear that an item is made specially for QVC we've had this with many suppliers Kipling Radley Clarks etc etc my immediate thoughts when I hear this is that the product will be substandard compared to their usual merchandise and I just wondered what others think and why do suppliers make things specially for QVC

I know for a fact that "specially made for QVC" items are cheaper made for the mass market, because in my QVC customer days, I've had them were the quality was rubbish compared to one I'd bought from their website or in store, so I can vouch that in my opinion, "especially made for QVC" items are crap.

Yes, the quality is inferior, even when paying for a high price point item. Lulu Guinness bags have a different and sub standard lining compared to their regular stock - I know as I've bought both.

To me the 'specially made for QVC' is akin to the stuff that's 'specially brought in' to stores for the Sales !

And don't forget, how many times have we heard the 'designers' stumble over their own products when its a TSV ? Kelly Hoppen is notorious for not even knowing the name of her design ! Simon Wilson is permanently befuddled whether its the tsv or not, and Lulu Guinness admits to never even seeing the design before its on air ! Crackers !

Exclusive to QVC enables them to avoid price comparisons elsewhere in some cases.
Exclusive to QVC sometimes is for about 5 minutes before launching elsewhere.
Check where goods are made... In the same factory/country as the brand's regular items or somewhere else?
Sometimes it is QVC making the goods, the "designer" input limited to vetoing doorways (Kelly Hoppen) or simply pending their name.
QVC do occasionally get to be part of the launch of a product, but more often I suspect they help brands clear out old stock, or over-stock of slow sellers.

'Simon Wilson is permanently befuddled whether its the tsv or not' :doh: Love it.

Some years back I bought a specially made for QVC Kipling bag. I knew as soon as I opened the package it was of an inferior quality to their usual products. There were a lot of complaints in the review section saying exactly the same and since then I have never bought anything that is a QVC special.

'Simon Wilson is permanently befuddled whether its the tsv or not' :doh: Love it.

Simon Wilson seems befuddled about what planet he's on. What normal man would appear on telly looking like a warmed-up corpse in a smoking jacket with a gaudy brooch the size of a dinner plate? Can't abide him or his tacky, tawdry offerings!

Latest posts

Back