How come Create and Craft have the good presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I mainly watch Create and Craft, but the presenters seem more normal than those on Ideal,World.

Dean Wilson, Martyn Parker, Andy Love, Loen Love, Nigel May have all worked for Ideal World, why there they put on the sister station, when Ideal World has ex bid presenters.

Jenny Cleary, Dan Bancroft, Ben Moseby, who didn’t come from Ideal World are good.

Just find it odd, there sister channel has a better line up

My theory is that on C&C there may be quite a bit of lapsed time to fill while the guests are card making etc. These named presenters imo are quite amusing and seem to fill the time quite nicely any time I've watched them, which isn't a great deal I must admit. My favourite, apart from the Loves, is Dan Bancroft.

The ones on IW are just idiots barking out the same old lines.

I think any one of those others would be a better techie expert than him but do they have his ability to hold the 'honest actor smile' as long as him??

I thought Joe was leaving IW for C&C but I still see him on IW. I haven't seen him on C&C as I don't watch very often and may have missed him. Maybe he needed more hours.

Joe has done quite a few shifts and is very good, and let’s the guest get on with it, which is probably why some of the presenters from IW wouldn’t be suited.

But saying that when Mike Mason, Sally Jacks have done the odd show they’ve. Been fine.

Worst one is Paul Becue, he literally hugs the camera

One thing I have wondered about create and craft channels. Do they purposely align the two channels so that the same presenter is usually on both of them? It always seems to be the way when I have flicked on to them.

And can somebody get a nurse please? Jazzydrury says that Mike Mason and Sally Jacks have been "fine".....get him his meds as soon as possible please ;)

It is a fair point

Look at someone like Rachel she towards the end of her being on Ideal obviously was not comfortable with the hard sell one bit.

Seen her twice on craft looks a different person very relaxed very funny not pushy and just a good presenter.

End of the day a lot of the pressure on Ideal must be from upstairs

It is a fair point

Look at someone like Rachel she towards the end of her being on Ideal obviously was not comfortable with the hard sell one bit.

Seen her twice on craft looks a different person very relaxed very funny not pushy and just a good presenter.

End of the day a lot of the pressure on Ideal must be from upstairs

I think their pay must be result driven, the more tatt they shill and flog, the more wedge they get paid. It stands out a mile when you hear the outrageous sales pitch, just sayin!

The programmes on C&C Extra are usually repeats of shows a couple of hours earlier on the live Channel. If you can’t record at the time this is useful as you can record a little later. This is invaluable when you switch on halfway through a really good demo . Did this yesterday when I had missed the first half of the show with the Brother Craft N Print. Quite often I record shows on Hochanda and C&C when the demo is complicated. To be fair you get better demos on Hochanda.

I mainly watch Create and Craft, but the presenters seem more normal than those on Ideal,World.

Dean Wilson, Martyn Parker, Andy Love, Loen Love, Nigel May have all worked for Ideal World, why there they put on the sister station, when Ideal World has ex bid presenters.

Jenny Cleary, Dan Bancroft, Ben Moseby, who didn’t come from Ideal World are good.

Just find it odd, there sister channel has a better line up

Perception is interesting Jazzy, as Jenny Cleary was actually a beauty product expert on IW before she was on Jewellery Maker and Ben Moseby was definitely on Bid Tv (though more on it's sister channel 'price drop' which was essentially the same but in purple instead of orange).

I think there is definitely a feeling that softer personalities are better at selling 10,000 £10 items, where-as they think Mason, Jacks and Simon are better suited to selling 500 £250 items. Otherwise they would surely mix and match more?

Some of the machinery like sewing machines and die cutting machines are in that higher range. Believe it or not the Tattered Lace specials can be a couple of hundred as are these new Disney dies they sell. £294.14 for the 3D Decoupage Cherished Moments, £599 for the Brother FS130 QC 130 machine today.

Some of the machinery like sewing machines and die cutting machines are in that higher range. Believe it or not the Tattered Lace specials can be a couple of hundred as are these new Disney dies they sell. £294.14 for the 3D Decoupage Cherished Moments, £599 for the Brother FS130 QC 130 machine today.

That is true. I did think I had priced myself too low on c&c products, but I feel the sentiment is the same. Convincing someone to buy card stock (if they happen to need it) is probably easier than convincing someone to buy a vacuum cleaner (even if they need it)

Ultimately there is a reason Mason and co are on one side and the loves and Rachel are on the other. Nothing on selly telly is by chance or accident. Even if they make it sound spontaneous.

It’s the showing you how to use the stuff and for some people even access to crafting products on C&C that makes it superior to IW.The Range, Hobbycraft and Dunhelm Mill are about the only places near me except for our local Craft Shop which I would support if it ever stocked anything I wanted. I give it a try ever few months thinking they must stock such and such a thing...

It’s the showing you how to use the stuff and for some people even access to crafting products on C&C that makes it superior to IW.The Range, Hobbycraft and Dunhelm Mill are about the only places near me except for our local Craft Shop which I would support if it ever stocked anything I wanted. I give it a try ever few months thinking they must stock such and such a thing...

Is it fair to say that while people generally buy from who they like, it especially applies to the crafting world, because there is so much choice these days?

Definitely online retailers are cheaper than C&C and Hochanda. Most of them have good deals on p&p but the shopping channels have exclusivity for a limited time so if a crafter has to have something now they might buy from them.If you can wait a month you can get it cheaper. Sometimes a foreign brand can be hard to get hold of- today for example Hochanda have Jane Davenport’s ( Australian ) designs for Spellbinders ( American ) as their weekend wonder. The Jane Davenport stuff is hard to source over here.

Latest posts

Back