Dyson Airwrap Styler

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beyond rediculous price! If this is on QVC as much as that hairdryer thenI will only watch once out of interest to see the sales pitch and how they try to justify it.No P&P & 4 easy pays, think NOT.

To play devils advocate, Dyson do spend millions....hundreds of millions....developing stuff like this. They have to recoup that money somehow of course.

Now, whether they need to spend hundreds of millions developing these items is another thing entirely. But you can see why they cost a fortune to buy.

It was featured on This Morning and to say that the demonstrations were unimpressive is an understatement considering the ridiculous price. The guy doing the demonstration had to hold the hair round the barrel after it had whipped the hair round it, as there were loose bits of hair that hadn't been 'caught' by the barrel.

When the model attempted to do her own hair, the result was pretty pathetic (just a bit of a kink rather than a curl) and she blamed it on having sweaty hands. The guy, whom I assume was a hairdresser, also added that he used heat protecting products before using the Airwrap which seems odd as it's meant to be such a revolutionary product. It heats up to 150 which seems a tad warm to me.

He also demonstrated other products as a comparison and, to be honest, the Airwrap did no better a job than the cheaper ones.

Still, I've no doubt that people will be desperate to get it but I won't be one of them.

I was reading Good Housekeeping magazine USA review that stated

“keep in mind that you need to start with wet or damp hair. If it's already bone dry, you'll have to wet it or wait for your next shower.”

Hmmm that’s a bit of a nuisance!!

Boots have got a waiting list for it and people can sign up to get first grabs plus oodles of points. Not that I`m interested in it.

I don't know many who style their hair, with lots of bouncy waves & curls, on a regular basis. The reports I've read about this new wonder product all feature girls who look as though they're getting ready for a night out not going to work, taking children to school, doing the shopping or any of the ordinary thing we all do. I found the following & I'm glad Ms Rodulfo was happy with how her hair looked when the curls had fallen, I just thought she looked a mess & I also wondered if the half pout was obligatory when using the gadget.
https://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/a23724924/dyson-airwrap-hair-styler-review/

Abbi the gabbi

Well she is hitting new heights now into orbit with this Dyson wonder product.It seems to be heading for sellout but if we thought the hairdryer was over exposed this comes with a health warning there’ll be a whole lot more to come.The Flint was doing a demo & making a right hash of it so swift camera move onto model.

Well she is hitting new heights now into orbit with this Dyson wonder product.It seems to be heading for sellout but if we thought the hairdryer was over exposed this comes with a health warning there’ll be a whole lot more to come.The Flint was doing a demo & making a right hash of it so swift camera move onto model.

Flinty was desperate for the camera to come back to her to show her making an absolute balls up but it didn’t budge from the models :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I can't believe the price !!! Only caught the last few minutes so missed demoi's just saw the eye watering price !! Apparently sold out for a second time including advanced orders!!

Think quite a number must have come to their senses and had second thoughts as some became available ...

Oh am I glad of this forum, I very rarely watch QVC, these days after spending what must be thousands over the years, but loving all thing hair, and having every Babyliss styler QVc sell, I decided to watch the Dyson air styler, and yes somehow it went in to my basket, thinking £100 is ok, when it realy isnt, but not thinking nearly £500,

Thankfully after checking on here and having some virtual sense talked in to me, I changed my mind, I will stick with my babyliss, which Im happy with and do a good job on my thick long hair, I might just have a look round for a new hair dryer though which Im ready for.

I don't know many who style their hair, with lots of bouncy waves & curls, on a regular basis. The reports I've read about this new wonder product all feature girls who look as though they're getting ready for a night out not going to work, taking children to school, doing the shopping or any of the ordinary thing we all do. I found the following & I'm glad Ms Rodulfo was happy with how her hair looked when the curls had fallen, I just thought she looked a mess & I also wondered if the half pout was obligatory when using the gadget.
https://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/a23724924/dyson-airwrap-hair-styler-review/

......Aaahhhh....the half pout.........FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obvs assists in her dream that she is totally sexy & adorable & the model scouts are gonna come calling...as opposed to reality that she is a fecking deluded eejit.

Oh am I glad of this forum, I very rarely watch QVC, these days after spending what must be thousands over the years, but loving all thing hair, and having every Babyliss styler QVc sell, I decided to watch the Dyson air styler, and yes somehow it went in to my basket, thinking £100 is ok, when it realy isnt, but not thinking nearly £500,

Thankfully after checking on here and having some virtual sense talked in to me, I changed my mind, I will stick with my babyliss, which Im happy with and do a good job on my thick long hair, I might just have a look round for a new hair dryer though which Im ready for.

I need your cat in my life! (avatar)

At that price you'd want it to make you life a lot easier instead it's more difficult, you've got to dampen your hair every time you want to use it. Some styles you need to "manually" wrap the hair around the barrel, so the same as my £25 hair wand then.

I read a few beauty forums and a number of people are creaming their knickers to get one. Top of my Xmas list is the comment I read most. :dull::yawn:

I worked in a high school until last December & the students would ask me what I wanted for Christmas. My reply was always the same: "No more cruelty to animals & children & world peace". To paraphrase Shania Twain a hot air curling stick don't impress me much.

Latest posts

Back