Dyson Airwrap Styler

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The award for ‘My life is too short to use this object’ goes to 1. That all singing/dancing mirror the other day & 2. Dyson hair styler.

Oh am I glad of this forum, I very rarely watch QVC, these days after spending what must be thousands over the years, but loving all thing hair, and having every Babyliss styler QVc sell, I decided to watch the Dyson air styler, and yes somehow it went in to my basket, thinking £100 is ok, when it realy isnt, but not thinking nearly £500,

Thankfully after checking on here and having some virtual sense talked in to me, I changed my mind, I will stick with my babyliss, which Im happy with and do a good job on my thick long hair, I might just have a look round for a new hair dryer though which Im ready for.

Well done for coming back from the dark side. It's so simple to buy on easy pay & justify only paying out 25% of the cost but it's still a commitment until February & those ordering on AD will have face the 'Party Season' with traditionally styled hair. I'd like a new dryer, I've looked at the Remington AIR 3D & my hairdresser says the latest from GHD is really good.

I have spent a lifetime trying to straighten my appalling hair so a curling stick is the very last thing I would need. However, I send a challenge to Mr Dyson. If you can invent a gadget that will straighten wild, curly, frizzy hair without using 300 degree heat and not take half a day to do it, if the said style will stay looking great even after sun/wind/rain/mist/damp/dog walk and not just look good indoors, then I might be your first customer. I might even pay your prices. Alternatively I could cut all the offending hair off my head and buy a wig (I think QVC sell them lol).

CC

Candycane I have the most frizzy mad head you can imagine. Several years ago someone on this forum recommended a L'oreal Steampod and I have never looked back. I leave my hair to dry naturally, apply some product and then use the Steampod. Its steams the hair straight and shiny and I can now do my full head in under 5 minutes. It's not cheap but is well worth the money.

Just more overpriced,overhyped products from Mr Dyson. I cant remember were I saw it, probably on YouTube, but it showed how to make a Dyson fan using a plastic bucket.

The Dyson fan was tested on a TV consumer programme against a cheap supermarket model (about £10 I think) and the cheap one was better in every test they did eg distance of breeze

Just had a quick look and caught Chloe Everton with hair looking like she’s been dragged through a hedge backwards which can only mean one thing..........Dyson! :mysmilie_3:

The reviews on this on YouTube are a mixed bag. I was baffled by the fact you have to change barrel to reverse the direction of the curl. Not clever at all.

'Doing a Delia' has been recognised in Collins English Dictionary for some years, maybe 'Dysoned' will also make it. There could be number of definitions from severely tousled to regretting spending so much money & still looking mediocre.

Dyson have marketed their products on being innovative but I question are they so much better? Given the price for these hair care products only time will tell.I moved away from the bagless vac. after getting showered with who knows what when I emptied it.I would not even consider paying these prices but appears I am in the minority.

Debbie Flint saying she hadn’t had the full training like Jackie and Katie, but that she had been playing on her own backstage and coming on air recently with her hair done.
Then encouraging buyers to get it home fully try it without just sending it quickly back saying it didn’t work or that they couldn’t use it.
But then going on to doing her own on air hair demo with the camera moving off her as she was making a right pigs ear, and her demanding they return back on her to see her curling her hair.
With Abbi trying to voice over her the correct instructions and her completely not listening carrying on as she was.
TV Gold :mysmilie_17:

Debbie Flint saying she hadn’t had the full training like Jackie and Katie, but that she had been playing on her own backstage and coming on air recently with her hair done.
Then encouraging buyers to get it home fully try it without just sending it quickly back saying it didn’t work or that they couldn’t use it.
But then going on to doing her own on air hair demo with the camera moving off her as she was making a right pigs ear, and her demanding they return back on her to see her curling her hair.
With Abbi trying to voice over her the correct instructions and her completely not listening carrying on as she was.
TV Gold :mysmilie_17:

I wish I had seen that. As if she would listen to instructions. She doesn’t need to do that after all she has been letting us know for years that she really is quite clever!

I wish I had seen that. As if she would listen to instructions. She doesn’t need to do that after all she has been letting us know for years that she really is quite clever!

Evie here you go if you don’t want to watch it all Debbie starts around doing her demo around 16.00
At the end of the video she eventually takes aboard a bit of what Abbi is saying and gets a curl but then goes on to pull it out with her fingers :mysmilie_17:

Please bare in mind when you see Jackie’s luscious curled longer side bits :mysmilie_11:
She has actually had the intensive training :mysmilie_3:

QVC are so very honest re their own review system they are independently monitored by a company the presenters have in the past been stressing just how they aren’t monitored by Q themselves and aren’t allowed to leave their own reviews.

In my experience though having left in my opinion with honest, helpful insights on viewing and trying certain items seen at the outlets.
Following acceptance from their employed independent company, Q have then removed my reviews on numerous occasions and I received an email to tell me such.
Seems like they would rather have gushing 5* reviews from folk that love a certain brand or would have bought it if such had been a full size.
Also bought it to give as a gift for X I know she’ll just love it and thank you so much QVC for giving us this opportunity to buy this brand from you.

Wish I'd seen it too, Ms Flint is too up her own backside to listen to anyone, she thinks she's the boss. I've never once seen her, ever, say "please" or "thank you" when she barks her orders at the guests and models.

Evie here you go if you don’t want to watch it all Debbie starts around doing her demo around 16.00
At the end of the video she eventually takes aboard a bit of what Abbi is saying and gets a curl but then goes on to pull it out with her fingers :mysmilie_17:

Oh heck never posted the video
:mysmilie_50::blush: sorry

https://www.qvcuk.com/.product.402427.html?sc=PRODFEED

Debbie does her demo from 16.00 if you do manage to the end she does actually get a piece much better but sticks her mitts in it to pull out the curl
Would love it my new favourite Q customer Pat would take this to Facebook that would be fun :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back