Joanne and Elizabeth Grant

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Good heavens this woman does not stop talking and hardly gives the guest presenter, her with the botox face that doesn't move an inch, the chance to speak, and then they're selling so fast and she hasn't put her order in and so she asked one of the camera men if she can borrow their iPad and shop, he doesn't have an iPad,course not he's probably bought one of the wonderful tablets Ideal World sell!! but they know what they're going to be presenting beforehand so why the heck if they really want it don't they order it before they go on live,what a load of rubbish!

Good heavens this woman does not stop talking and hardly gives the guest presenter, her with the botox face that doesn't move an inch, the chance to speak, and then they're selling so fast and she hasn't put her order in and so she asked one of the camera men if she can borrow their iPad and shop, he doesn't have an iPad,course not he's probably bought one of the wonderful tablets Ideal World sell!! but they know what they're going to be presenting beforehand so why the heck if they really want it don't they order it before they go on live,what a load of rubbish!

Without wanting to be a party-pooper to those who love cosmetics, if you stop and think about it for a sec, practically none of these products truly do what they claim. As you say, take Elizabeth Grant products ... they're SOooo good the brand ambassador that sells the stuff on IW has a face with slap plastered on and has also obviously had work done. That's how good the products are!

Is it any wonder report after report advises that good old basic good quality moisturiser does just as good a job.

Without wanting to be a party-pooper to those who love cosmetics, if you stop and think about it for a sec, practically none of these products truly do what they claim. As you say, take Elizabeth Grant products ... they're SOooo good the brand ambassador that sells the stuff on IW has a face with slap plastered on and has also obviously had work done. That's how good the products are!

Is it any wonder report after report advises that good old basic good quality moisturiser does just as good a job.

Personally I agree. Part of me falls for all the hype but I usually come down to earth and buy something more affordable, usually on offer in Superdrug. I think that lifestyle (and possibly genetics) plays as much of a part in good skin - not smoking, drinking moderately and getting plenty of sleep. I do have a simple but regular skin care routine and don't look too bad for 51, although I sadly never get asked for ID when buying a bottle of vino but if I used Elizabeth Grant I probably wouldn't get into a nightclub (note - I don't actually go clubbing!).

I've bought Elizabeth Grant skincare products on a couple of occasions, first time around, I fell for the hype and bought a rather expensive starter set, found it was ok, didn't irritate my sensitive dry skin, didn't feel greasy or gloopy, didn't have an unpleasant aroma...but all in all I didn't think it was anything special, and didn't make my skin appear particularly better than usual, so resolved not to replace it when I ran out. Few years down the line she was doing a mega bundle that included everything but the kitchen sink skincare wise, all presented in fancy looking pots and came with an attractive tote bag, I'd just had my work bonus, so I went for it and I think it set me back over £60. The formula was slightly different, so this is what helped justify my purchase but same again - The day and night creams were satisfactory, I was given an eye serum, an eye cream, a neck cream, a face mask,hand cream and a primer all of which I hardly used cause they were too much of a faff and again didn't yield any kind of results...would've been happier to receive say 3 pots of day cream and 3 pots of night cream for the money instead, so again money wasted cause I ended up chucking the stuff I didn't use cause it was cluttering up my bathroom shelf. Seriously I now buy Q10 day and night creams from the £1 shop and the results are just as good, dare I say better than the EG stuff

I've bought Elizabeth Grant skincare products on a couple of occasions, first time around, I fell for the hype and bought a rather expensive starter set, found it was ok, didn't irritate my sensitive dry skin, didn't feel greasy or gloopy, didn't have an unpleasant aroma...but all in all I didn't think it was anything special, and didn't make my skin appear particularly better than usual, so resolved not to replace it when I ran out. Few years down the line she was doing a mega bundle that included everything but the kitchen sink skincare wise, all presented in fancy looking pots and came with an attractive tote bag, I'd just had my work bonus, so I went for it and I think it set me back over £60. The formula was slightly different, so this is what helped justify my purchase but same again - The day and night creams were satisfactory, I was given an eye serum, an eye cream, a neck cream, a face mask,hand cream and a primer all of which I hardly used cause they were too much of a faff and again didn't yield any kind of results...would've been happier to receive say 3 pots of day cream and 3 pots of night cream for the money instead, so again money wasted cause I ended up chucking the stuff I didn't use cause it was cluttering up my bathroom shelf. Seriously I now buy Q10 day and night creams from the £1 shop and the results are just as good, dare I say better than the EG stuff

Merryone, I usually use Nivea or Oil of Olay (I still fall for the anti ageing versions!) but stock up when half price or BOFOG.I've never found anything stunning, but as long as it doesn't make my slightly greasy skin more greasy I am happy. I live in London so lots of pollution in the air so I am a believer in double cleansing. I think cleansing is as important as moisturing.

Latest posts

Back