JM Home by Julien Macdonald TSV 07/11/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If I recall correctly the last JM lamp I saw presented the lampshade when lit was a completely different shade.
So my question would be do you purchase the shade to match in with your colour scheme when unlit or lit?

JM by Julien Macdonald Mirror Table Lamp with Black Shade
Item Number: 709003
QVC Price £90.00
Todays Special Value Price£69.96
P&P £5.95

This stylish statement lamp from JM by Julien Macdonald features a sophisticated black satin shade and comes in your choice of a Facetted, Jewelled or Mother of Pearl base, each with silver mirror panel detailing. Light up your living space with this stunning designer lamp, perfect for adding a touch of glamour and luxury to your bedroom, living room or dining room.

A style for everyone - with three different lamp base designs to choose from, there is a style to suit everyone. Facetted is a bold contemporary piece, with a cylinder base adorned with geometric silver mirror panels. For anyone wanting a little bit more glitz, the Jewelled base option features diagonal square silver panels intersected with cabochon round jewel detailing. Mother of Pearl is effortlessly chic, with a block column base adorned with interspersed silver mirror and mother of pearl inlays.

Master of red carpet glamour - named British Fashion Designer of the year in 2001, Julien Macdonald is a master of red carpet glamour and well-known for his flamboyant personality. With his JM by Julien Macdonald collection, Julien creates bold, statement pieces for your home that reflect the desirable world of high-end fashion.

A touch of elegance - with a round, black satin shade, this contemporary lamp from JM by Julien Macdonald complements any style of décor. But if you want to mix it up you could always add your own favourite shade to create a focal piece in any room.

Contains:

1 x Lamp base
1 x Black lamp shade

Style options:

Jewelled
Facetted
Mother of Pearl

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.709003

The lamp base looks ok, but I have never seen the point of dark shades. A lamp is to light an area, not fumble around in a darkened gloom. Might be fashionable, but I like to see what I'm doing and be able to read, - which aint possible with a black-out shade !

So the description of .... "Light up your living space with this ....... " makes me laugh.

I always think of Homesense when I see his designs. I love Homesense & can spend hours in there, especially at this time of the year.

The lamp base looks ok, but I have never seen the point of dark shades. A lamp is to light an area, not fumble around in a darkened gloom. Might be fashionable, but I like to see what I'm doing and be able to read, - which aint possible with a black-out shade !

So the description of .... "Light up your living space with this ....... " makes me laugh.
I totally agree, I love table lamps & have only ever had shades in cream or light neutrals.

Looks OK if you have this kind of decor which I don’t.It is the type that is around in so many places though & the black shades seem to be different tones?

The shade doesn’t do it for me, but then I’m not a designer :mysmilie_17:

Three lights lit and yet they are sat in darkness. :mysmilie_11:

When you buy a lamp base and can add your own shade.
If I were buying at least two of the bases I would not have a round shade.
And yep these shades lit don’t look the same shade.
Could you image buying a pair or more to find all the shades don’t match.
Plus insides on at least one looks unfinished on the top edge.

Well that’s designer :mysmilie_17:

they should have kept the jewelled base its my favourite and already on advanced orders and had a choice of shade colours

I rather suspect its not the shade, but more the wattage of the light bulb - probably ranging from 40w to 100w.

I agree with Boffy, a choice of shades would have been good. I often see a base I like, but it always comes with a shade I don't like ! and then its hells own job trying to find one that fits, given that there are 1001 different sizes and various light fittings. Whatever happened to the good old days when mix'n'match to your own décor was so much easier !

I’ve enjoyed listening to JM’s cousin Justine today ! She can certainly talk and she’s a good saleswoman (well she sounds it, I don’t know what her sales figures are for the day !).

I’ve enjoyed listening to JM’s cousin Justine today ! She can certainly talk and she’s a good saleswoman (well she sounds it, I don’t know what her sales figures are for the day !).

Loved listening to her also wish she was a Qvc presenter .

Oh yes, she's fabulous isn't she? She's pushed June from Frank Usher from number one as my favourite guest presenter.

Latest posts

Back