How bored are we?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I wonder how many of us old timers actually watch Q anymore?

I have the odd look at the website if I’m considering buying a brand they stock just to watch the video to get an idea about size, shape etc.

Ofcourse I read this forum and if a comment comes up that intrigues me I might watch to participate otherwise I only see it live if I am flicking channels.

I have gone from being a Q shopaholic to perhaps one thing a year. Now I haven’t changed, I still spend far too much elsewhere, so it HAS to be Q.

Their entire output would bore a corpse.

The newbies they are trying to entice with their 5 quid off will never repeat order. You can see from arsebook that they are flabbergasted at Q’s outdated delivery/returns.

When there are no new suckers ordering they may think back to the core customers but by then we have all moved on.

It would take a major overhaul to entice me back.

The TV screens at my gym are stuck on QVC and everyone's complaining. I believe Q are un difficult times hence the "think you know" campaign. I do love QVC as entertainment. It's also sage viewing if you spend mist of yiur days immersed in bad news and don't want negativitu in your perspnal life. The live tv format is well past its sell-by date am I'm surprised they still bother.

I haven't watched a full show in years.

Once I used to have QVC on in the background when doing stuff online, then it started to annoy me even in the background.

Months pass without me ordering anything, used to be nearly every beauty TSV now the brands do not tempt me, but. Okay, I admit I caught a bit of a Decleor show late on Thursday and ordered the Supersize body kit. But in days gone by I would be on the Tarte TSV like mad waiting for it go live, Elemis every TSV. Not now, I catch bits when flicking up and down in ad breaks of shows I am watching. Start with QVC the Gems then go for the music channels and still back in time for the show starting after the add break.

I can find products I am interested cheaper elsewhere, like any store you want me to buy then give me something. So many stores have loyalty cards points gather and you get money off for shopping with them not just because you are a new member. Escentual has 1/3 off at the moment including Decleor and many times all brands 20% plus free shipping. M&S have 20% off beauty quite regularly and they have quite a few brands that QVC do and you get delivered free to a store of your choice. The place I get my cat food from I get free shipping and twice a year 25% discounts because I have ordered from them. Products delivered in two days to my front door.

Noticed that QVC US now accept Paypal. QVC UK is a dinosaur have said it many times.

I haven't watched in years. Hardly recognise any of the presenters mentioned on here these days.
Occasionally look at the website and order online if I want anything, but I can't even remember the last time I bought from Q.

Never watch. Just come here to check up what’s going on. Very occasionally go online and buy a bit of jewellery

Totally bored with it all to be honest. Years ago I bought quite a bit of jewellery and several of the skincare/bodycare brands. I also bought quite a bit of Cozee Home bedding in recent years and a G Tech hoover but it must be longer than a year since I last bought anything.
I no longer buy into their makeup or skincare and I don`t need anymore bedding and if there`s anything else I`m looking for then I usually find it cheaper elsewhere.
Their presenters are dire, their product range is dire, their p and p is dire , their website is dire and their systems and procedures are dire. End of.

I have stopped watching and only order pcmc. The other day the pie man was given a king’s welcome by AK, no thanks.

I very seldom watch a full show in real time but I do record those I might be interested in, so any YC shows (I gather new Michaela has left by the way, saw it on Rosa's Twitter) and beauty TSV days. Then I can just watch the presentations I feel like and FF through any presenter I don't like. So most of them in fact!!!

I do sometimes flick over in an ad break or if it's a few minutes until my programme starts. I saw AK fawning over Brett and heard his spiel about their production methods. Honest to goodness, you couldn't make it up.

I was a big fan once, would stay up late to wait for a tsv to be shown, then would only watch to see something that really interested me, then just had it as background comfort blanket TV, now I hardly ever even put the channel on, it's all so predictable, still spending money of course but just not with Q, it does not represent what it thinks it does, ie quality, convenience, value.

I hardly ever buy anything from Q. now which means there is more money to spend elsewhere. When I think of all the years wasting that money on the postage and the returns rip-off (no matter how much they sugar coat it...it still IS a rip-off) I can't believe how gullible I was. There is always a sale on at the High Street and always good offers to be had, and I am enjoying shopping there again. Even if I don't buy anything at all, it has still been more pleasurable than being sucked in anymore to tv shopping and I like buying from the retailers that offer fast delivery and free returns.

And they are the ones paying High street rents...unlike Q.

im watching all the time & enjoying it more than ever but hey i know il be the only one

You're not the only one SCW, I watch a lot too and some shows I actively sit down with my tea or wine and watch the whole show. The posh jewellery show was a recent one. I do get sucked in sometimes and other times there's things I purposely want to buy. I do think postage is high though as you pay for each item not each order and returns should be free.

CC

I like watching some shows out of entertainment value Julie of peony fame atm is the most interesting. Kiely and Fiona of Elemis and decker are also good for a laugh

Yes I'm the same, it's as though I've hit a wall with products repeated on loop, for the first ten years I had no computer so it was a novelty, the second decade I started using a computer and had the ability to check just how much I'm being ripped off in postage alone, the last five years I closed my account because the amount of used items and bad service was totally unacceptable. QVC is unrecognisable from the beginning, gone from 24 hour customer care to waiting on the phone for twenty minutes, from second most trusted brand to not even being in the top twenty, there are more and more recorded hours although they're not stating it on screen which is naughty and against ASA rules, I think eventually QVC will go to all recorded infomercials. It's funny, when I hear them give out the item number, it just sounds really cheesy now. There are no competitions, no celebrity books with signature and it's just like the high street on your telly, only difference being high postage and higher prices.

I like watching some shows out of entertainment value Julie of peony fame atm is the most interesting. Kiely and Fiona of Elemis and decker are also good for a laugh

I agree about Julie. She is rather amusing with her excessively effusive delivery, the clasping and unclasping of her hands as she flashes her Tipp-Ex-white gnashers! I'm sure that really is how she is though, she doesn't seem fake to me, just rather upper class and living in a slightly different realm to most of us. Can't say I find Fiona particularly entertaining. Her face resembles a squished eccles cake and her shrill voice goes right through me. She's also rather overbearing with her "I want you to...." like some weird dominatrix - the matron of nightmares!

Well I now watch QVC at some point every day if it's something that interests me. I don't watch the food shows as it's of no interest what they sell food wise - indeed, I don't even see the attraction when there is so much out there these days, never mind buying from telly.

I've been a customer for 23 years and can honestly say that I do know there's no problem when I order something and know I can return it for any reason - so I think I'll stick around for a while. It doesn't mean I like all the presenters because I certainly don't.:mysmilie_8:

To think I was under the impression it was only me. I must have spent many thousands over the years I've been a customer & I have been introduced to companies I probably wouldn't have considered if I hadn't seen them in the better days. I can't remember the last time I sat & watched a show, I do look on the website for brands I like, & then usually search for items on eBay, & I do watch recorded hours but that's after reading on here about something daft or annoying that's been done or said. I have ordered four items this year, a pair of Honora earrings - they were bargain basement & three lots of footwear from Clarks because the Q prices were good. I'll also look at the Shay & Blue TSV but that's only to see if it's better than M&S with a 20% offer - I've got a birthday voucher that vaild until next month. Vienna's use of 'dire' sums them up but I have to add unethical over the way the pie man appears to be feted by them.

I have stopped watching and only order pcmc. The other day the pie man was given a king’s welcome by AK, no thanks.

That sticks in my throat in the way one of 'his' pies would - veggie only I hasten to add.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the nine years I've watched things have definitely declined. I can't recall buying anything for months now. Some shows I watch and enjoy, like the Ruth Langsford shows, because she is a great professional, and communicates well. Too many great guests have been replaced. Most presenters have become aggressive and in some cases downright rude. The tsv has gone from an event to a non-event. The range of goods has declined, as well as the variety of brands.

Still, with so much awful stuff going on in the world, I like having QVC to escape to from the real world.

Latest posts

Back