Baylis & Harding

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It may sound ungrateful, but on the rare occasions I've been given B & H as a Christmas gift, I've thought... "oh they've chucked this in with the supermarket shopping", and as I consider each gift, I find it a bit of an insult, particularly when the handwash can be found for a £1 sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
B&H is the type of gift I would get from the nephews or Mr CC's sisters. Of course I would not be ungrateful but the quality is a bit cheap I think (compared to what I buy for myself and I would NOT expect them to spend that money) so often they end up in the ladies room at work where they quickly get used or taken.

CC

B&H is the type of gift I would get from the nephews or Mr CC's sisters. Of course I would not be ungrateful but the quality is a bit cheap I think (compared to what I buy for myself and I would NOT expect them to spend that money) so often they end up in the ladies room at work where they quickly get used or taken.

CC

!!!!!!!:mysmilie_13:

A B&H item on just now £13 with p&p £4.95! Would rather go to a shop & spend £18 on something rather than give £4.95 of it to QVC.

I try very hard not to buy a presant for someone that I wouldn't like for myself. I do like a presant that I know some thought has gone into it.I think of a B&H gift as a 'that will do'as already said picked up with the weekly shop.

Boots and Debenhams have lots of Bayliss and Harding sets in their 3 for 2 offer. They aren`t my cup of tea but one year I bought 4 big sets in the New Year sales for around £4 each and saved them until the following year to give to the Christmas gift collection at the Sally Army who I worked for at the time. The local Citadels all collect Christmas gifts in the run up to Christmas to give out to children from homeless or struggling families and the one age group which tends to be forgotten when people donate are the young teens who are too old for toys.

Concur with everyone about B&H gifts - they look quite good but everyone knows they're filler gifts!

Having said that I have had a couple of their 3 wick candles (the second one by request!) and have really enjoyed them...

The sweet grapefruit one is here on fragrance direct for £8.95.. Think it's worth about up to £10 and you find other scents towards Xmas...

https://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/b...tart=108&listing=true&cgid=baylis-and-harding

They also have lots of their sets and other products, where at least the prices are realistic! ;)

https://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/b...=price-low-to-high&sz=80&start=0&listing=true

I do not know how they get away with the packaging, so obviously copying Molton Brown, Philosophy etc.
In that respect I cannot understand why Q would stock it.
Having said that I have not tried B&H, my husband says I am a beauty snob. I just like to feel pampered and feel that I get value for money as MB and P last a long time. I deserve it!

'Cos your worth it' (cringe)

I do not know how they get away with the packaging, so obviously copying Molton Brown, Philosophy etc.
In that respect I cannot understand why Q would stock it.
Having said that I have not tried B&H, my husband says I am a beauty snob. I just like to feel pampered and feel that I get value for money as MB and P last a long time. I deserve it!

They stock it for the plebians. I'm not a beauty snob either.:mysmilie_61:

Last edited by a moderator:
Boots and Debenhams have lots of Bayliss and Harding sets in their 3 for 2 offer. They aren`t my cup of tea but one year I bought 4 big sets in the New Year sales for around £4 each and saved them until the following year to give to the Christmas gift collection at the Sally Army who I worked for at the time. The local Citadels all collect Christmas gifts in the run up to Christmas to give out to children from homeless or struggling families and the one age group which tends to be forgotten when people donate are the young teens who are too old for toys.

Great idea. I do the shoe box appeal and although they do have separate age and sex categories I imagine most boxes are filled for younger kids. They have a thread on moneysavingexpert site dedicated to Poundland bargains and I have seen B&H reported as being sold in their stores but I guess it's hit and miss whether there is stock or not.

The other day they were selling the Grace Cole brand.
This particular brand has been in TK Maxx for years, shelves and shelves of the stuff at cheap prices. I've never wanted to try it, don't like the look of it.

Seems Q are trying to make these cheapo brands sound aspirational, when they are nothing of the sort.

Must have got a job lot in :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back