Overvaluation!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Has anyone noticed how whenever they tout a box set of beauty items they always make some amazing value claims e.g: "Just these two products alone would normally sell at £92, but in this set you get two of them - at twice the normal size, and for half the price - along with all 9 other products and an attractive coffret. Buy one set and split it among your friends!"

I often wonder how realistic these claims are? Surely they couldn't undercut themselves to that level or they'd completely devalue their products...wouldn't they? Are are the value claims really genuine and it's just me being cynical old Flatcap?

It will always be ml for ml value they quote, also they can sell hundreds or even thousands on QVC in a day so will make money.

If they made false claims they can be reported and a heavy fine.

Some years back a US beauty brand arrived and a woman claimed it was for all skin tones etc. A woman reported this to the TV advertising and there was a fine issued. She and her brand never appeared on QVC UK again though still on QVC US.

Has anyone noticed how whenever they tout a box set of beauty items they always make some amazing value claims e.g: "Just these two products alone would normally sell at £92, but in this set you get two of them - at twice the normal size, and for half the price - along with all 9 other products and an attractive coffret. Buy one set and split it among your friends!"

I often wonder how realistic these claims are? Surely they couldn't undercut themselves to that level or they'd completely devalue their products...wouldn't they? Are are the value claims really genuine and it's just me being cynical old Flatcap?

I read this as cynical old Catflap! I think that sounds better...hehe

I’m always amazed when Nicki from LR says this is xx amount more on the LR website. These are not TSVs or made for Q just regular stock items.

If I’d bought from HER website and found she was selling substantially cheaper elsewhere I would be pretty peed off and think she was a con.

With Elemis for years on QVC PCMC pots pushed but they are only 30mls the proper full size is 50mls, it was only at QVC you got the 30mls size. Now Elemis do sell 30mls but usually in kits. Same with Laura Geller and Bare Minerals AY aways going on about full size for the foundations but the size you buy in stores is bigger which for some reason QVC now call super size or something like that.

Latest posts

Back