Peter simons back!!! Yes!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the fact there are two threads on this forum of him proves that he is a big draw for the channel, remember any publicity is good publicity and most people won't even know why he disappeared.

You’re right Steve.

They’d hire Katie Hopkins so long as she shilled a skip of Proskins :mysmilie_59:

4AB57A7C-74E3-41F7-B7C3-D39D007A4CAE.jpg2107D827-885D-4020-8816-3B3B0ADAC1E6.jpeg

You’re right Steve.

They’d hire Katie Hopkins so long as she shilled a skip of Proskins :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16391View attachment 16392

Oh they would hire Hatie Kopkins in a heartbeat (just think of the sales figures) if she was available.

My concern is that the wrong lesson (or no lesson at all, obviously) has been learnt by this; Ideal World management probably thought Peter Simon just got 'caught out' in an unguarded moment when the real lesson was actually not to be racist. At all. Plus the sad thing being that Ideal World's elderly demographic were by far the biggest supporters of leaving the European Union on the basis of perceived 'immigration control' (putting aside other issues) compared to younger people, meaning that many IW viewers would have actively supported his views despite their obvious racist overtones, therefore by Ideal World's awful standards Peter Simon's outburst would have actually enhanced his reputation with the channel's core audience.

And they know it.

Oh they would hire Hatie Kopkins in a heartbeat (just think of the sales figures) if she was available.

My concern is that the wrong lesson (or no lesson at all, obviously) has been learnt by this; Ideal World management probably thought Peter Simon just got 'caught out' in an unguarded moment when the real lesson was actually not to be racist. At all. Plus the sad thing being that Ideal World's elderly demographic were by far the biggest supporters of leaving the European Union on the basis of perceived 'immigration control' (putting aside other issues) compared to younger people, meaning that many IW viewers would have actively supported his views despite their obvious racist overtones, therefore by Ideal World's awful standards Peter Simon's outburst would have actually enhanced his reputation with the channel's core audience.

And they know it.

Sadly they look like they’re in a mess, just like Bid were.

They were losing money, then got sold to a firm that buys ‘troubled’ firms (i.e. on the cheap) and now they’re trying to stay afloat.

I suspect the Goons claims will become ever more exotic as they become more pressured to sell, just like at Bid. In fact Dirty Peter’s behaviour on that awful video looked like that of a very stressed man, just like he was at Bid

It’s just like Bid :mysmilie_59:

The majority of people I know who voted to leave were 40 and younger.

Not sure this EU theory has a lot of weight after all whichever way you shake it you are alienating half the potential audience which isn't a great idea

We will never no what individual presenters sell but I would be amazed if Peter is not in the top 3

Apologies if someone already mentioned this (and for disclosure I looked via my mobile) but Peter Simon is already back on the presenter page.

IW is just one big family, as long as you have the right connections, you can commit murder live on air and be allowed back after a two week holiday.

Apologies if someone already mentioned this (and for disclosure I looked via my mobile) but Peter Simon is already back on the presenter page.

IW is just one big family, as long as you have the right connections, you can commit murder live on air and be allowed back after a two week holiday.

I wonder who they’ll book for their Christmas Party Cabaret? :mysmilie_59:

450B8FC8-29B3-419D-8B12-87852E8BA745.jpg9A2BF1D3-C5B3-4AE1-90FF-DF24CA3A47EF.jpg78390F33-0C60-4DE0-A0B2-AA7822E38DC8.jpg

It’s fair to say they have their problems.

The merchandise isn’t up to much, the sets look like a Woolies in 1987, the Goons get worse and the Trust Pilot ratings get even worse.

Having said all that, if you’re looking for a bit of good old fashioned bigotry then I guess it might be worth a watch? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16390

Maybe it'll happen the same way as Bid i.e. instead of Peter Sherlock sitting on a stool with a 'smug as bug in rug' look saying 'don't worry ... we're not going anywhere' it'll be Peter Simon.

Then a few hours later the channel will disappear off the air :)

That aside, this muppet obviously gets the sales for them, which says as much about the viewers tbh.

I saw a bit of "The Big Audition" on ITV recently and Peter was right at home sat alongside Ideal World's managment representative on their new presenter judging panel. Both Peter Simon and Mike Mason appear to be very different people in real life compared to their on-screen personalities, and this just goes to show exactly the sort of character/sales pitch they think appeals to Ideal World's average viewer and what it takes to sell products.

Personally I was expecting Peter Simon to stay off-air until November or December until they needed someone to stand in for holiday cover, so they must have been really desperate for the extra sales generated by Peter's perceived selling power. And given that Ideal World's current product mix appears to consist mainly of ceramic heaters, drones, mattresses and smartphones they need all the help they can get.

I saw a bit of "The Big Audition" on ITV recently and Peter was right at home sat alongside Ideal World's managment representative on their new presenter judging panel. Both Peter Simon and Mike Mason appear to be very different people in real life compared to their on-screen personalities, and this just goes to show exactly the sort of character/sales pitch they think appeals to Ideal World's average viewer and what it takes to sell products.

Personally I was expecting Peter Simon to stay off-air until November or December until they needed someone to stand in for holiday cover, so they must have been really desperate for the extra sales generated by Peter's perceived selling power. And given that Ideal World's current product mix appears to consist mainly of ceramic heaters, drones, mattresses and smartphones they need all the help they can get.

I've not watched any of it, how does Mike Mason come across?

I already know that Peter Simon is quite sharp and cutting in real life, based on his appearances as a talking head on ch5 clip countdowns

I've not watched any of it, how does Mike Mason come across?

I already know that Peter Simon is quite sharp and cutting in real life, based on his appearances as a talking head on ch5 clip countdowns

Only saw a few seconds of him when he was welcoming a wannabe presenter to the studio but Mike Mason seemed to be less aggressive, more relaxed and professional in real life. No doubt he's still Mike Mason (and just as self-serving) off-camera but his faux-Estuary English 'barra boy' act is precisely that. An act.

Only saw a few seconds of him when he was welcoming a wannabe presenter to the studio but Mike Mason seemed to be less aggressive, more relaxed and professional in real life. No doubt he's still Mike Mason (and just as self-serving) off-camera but his faux-Estuary English 'barra boy' act is precisely that. An act.

I've always been under the impression that Mike Mason would probably be a nice guy in real life, away from the pressure of selling utter crap.

Are you having a laugh does no one remember how he and his wife carried on when he left Bid tv and the beginning of ideal world ? If you don't read this:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/1965985/mike-mason-on-ideal-world-merged

I think my comment sums up the Masons and they are not nice people.

His missus on twitter used to go nuts.

I have no doubt M Mason is the same off camera as he is on in love with himself

Years ago on Bid I remember MM or PS ???? bashing his head against the wall in a hilarious episode of selling something.

Can anyone else remember this (who/what/why)?

Years ago on Bid I remember MM or PS ???? bashing his head against the wall in a hilarious episode of selling something.

I remember when Mason actually fell over laughing because Marina Berry got an electric duster caught in a twig during a demo.

He was justified in doing so.

Did he even apologise or was it all brushed over? I see the member called Paz "likes" the first post declaring it great that he is back. The same Paz that puts words in peoples mouths trying to accuse them of being homophobes. But apparently it's ok to be racist.....OK!

I'm so sorry you resent me using the 'like' function on this forum - with that in mind, thanks to those who took the time to 'like' Retrovertigo's post here. The message is clear: we're not friends, are we?

Just to clarify the allegations about my apparent racist sympathies - again, how nice of you to insinuate such a thing - and especially me 'putting words in the mouths' of you homophobes: when Janice Philips was a regular presenter, she was nick-named 'Manice' by people here. To laugh at someone because of their sexuality is pretty homophobic, I'd have thought.

To address the point of me thinking it's 'okay to be racist': well done. You'll be pleased to know I found that pretty upsetting. You don't know me at all. But that's okay - why should you care? You hate a television presenter that I like, and there are more of you than there are of me, so it's all fair.

To say what Peter said was wrong, pressures of live TV or not. However, to club together online with like-minded individuals to invent insulting little names for presenters on a shopping channel based on their looks, voice or whatever, to slag off the products and service hoping to get the place shut down, for referring to the presenters collectively as 'goons' and for carefully taking pictures of those people and drawing on them in school-kid variants of offence - that represents the work of those who must have really unsatisfying personal lives. Good luck!

Peter had a Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer Sweater on today.

He likes Rudolph because he doesn’t stay here long on Christmas Eve and goes straight back to Lapland :mysmilie_59:

AE3362EC-D09C-479D-AF4B-68B97F9934E1.jpg

It was this,and funny you should say this, I remember this one the other day and looked it up. It was a pen they were selling and she said something like it "writes nicely" which to me is fair comment as some pens can be a bit scratchy or the ink doesn't come out evenly or at all. looking at the clip I'd imagine that someone backstage said something in her earpiece, and she reacted in an embarrassed manner, but then PS got the gist, and went completely over the top, bashing his head against the wall and made her feel a bigger "twit" than she doubtlessly already felt...It wasn't very nice to be honest

https://youtu.be/kdFmkX4rdAc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back