Bundleberry by Amanda Holden TSV 14/11/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn’t watch any of this yesterday as not interested in AH or any of her wares.Is this lamp just a fancy lightbulb without the need of a shade?How long does it last & how much to replace? Just wondering, yes I know I am a lot behind on this! Slow u know!

Well, I was absolutely loving this lamp and my friend seemed to love their Christmas gift too, so I knew something was bound to go wrong.
I’ve just had a letter through the post from Q saying that all of the Tripod lamps, the hanging lamps and the spare bulbs are all being recalled as there is a danger of electric shock when switching on and off.
God knows how long they’ve known about it as the letter is dated the 24th, so today would be the first day anyone would receive the letter.
Anyway, the bulbs have to be disposed of in normal household waste, but they’ve sent me what can only be described as a red bin bag to return the lamps. A full refund will be given including P & P and we’ll also get a £10.00 credit on out account for the inconvenience.
The only problem is I don’t think both lamps will fit in the bag that they’ve sent me, so I’ll have to go through the hassle of getting in touch with them to request another.
Actually, scrap that, I’m just going to box them up together.

Surely it's not safe to send glass items just in a bag?

No, the bulbs can be thrown away as rubbish, it’s just the body of the lamp that they want back.
The bulbs are actually only plastic though anyway, but would probably still smash either way to be fair.

Well, I was absolutely loving this lamp and my friend seemed to love their Christmas gift too, so I knew something was bound to go wrong.
I’ve just had a letter through the post from Q saying that all of the Tripod lamps, the hanging lamps and the spare bulbs are all being recalled as there is a danger of electric shock when switching on and off.
God knows how long they’ve known about it as the letter is dated the 24th, so today would be the first day anyone would receive the letter.
Anyway, the bulbs have to be disposed of in normal household waste, but they’ve sent me what can only be described as a red bin bag to return the lamps. A full refund will be given including P & P and we’ll also get a £10.00 credit on out account for the inconvenience.
The only problem is I don’t think both lamps will fit in the bag that they’ve sent me, so I’ll have to go through the hassle of getting in touch with them to request another.

Such a shame if you liked it. How embarrassing for those like you who gave a lamp to someone as a gift. And if they don’t live close, how are people supposed to get the lamp back to return it? They probably don’t want to have a return bag sent to that person to pack up and send the lamp back themselves either. What a faff! I hope it’s £10 credit per lamp purchased and returned.

Wait till this blows up on Facebook (if it hasn’t already!).

That's really shocking (no pun intended). They have the email addresses of everyone who bought one of their potentially life-threatening products, so surely the only sane thing to do is send those people an email telling them not to use the lamps/bulbs while the letters are being sent out?

That's really shocking (no pun intended). They have the email addresses of everyone who bought one of their potentially life-threatening products, so surely the only sane thing to do is send those people an email telling them not to use the lamps/bulbs while the letters are being sent out?

They should be sending email, text and letter to make sure everyone who bought it is aware of issue ASAP.

For the safety of their customers they should put a recall notice on screen everytime they do their adverts & jingles.

This is soooooo funny - In a 'QVC is so shite' way. I wonder how many people have had electric shocks since buying? I hope someone puts a hilarious tale of shock received, on FB. You could have so much fun writing that, so many jokes in there.

For the safety of their customers they should put a recall notice on screen everytime they do their adverts & jingles.

I think they should have a Recall Notice on their home page. When Dyson had that huge recall of the fans I didn't see anything on the Q website, nor hear mention of it either.

I think they should have a Recall Notice on their home page. When Dyson had that huge recall of the fans I didn't see anything on the Q website, nor hear mention of it either.

It’s almost as if QVC didn’t want customers to know about the potentially dangerous products they sold them, or were reluctant to refund them. Doesn’t sound like QVC at all :cheeky:

what a bummer....dodgy meat, dodgy pies now this. I can't believe that cvc don't check their stock before they shock

Yes, they are often published towards the back of newspapers though with adverts etc. I found out about Dyson when I saw a newspaper article about the recall. I had bought mine from a department store, never had any contact from them and they don't sell online. Mine had to be sent back so it was really lucky that I spotted the article otherwise I'd have been none the wiser......

Has the matter with the dangerous Bundleberry by Amanda Holden items been resolved without anyone being badly hurt, put to too much trouble and left out of pocket.

I see she’s back large as life sat on the theatre seats saying she uses her children to carry her shopping bags.

Latest posts

Back