A Taste Of Christmas TSV 15/11/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was surprised the best before date is February. I know most people will eat them over Christmas but still not long.

We say it all the time: we all like different things and I really don't like Hotel Chocolat stuff. It all tastes the same to me and not in a good way - it has a sort of waxy/plastic-y texture too. I have had two HC gifts in the past and hated both. Each to their own, but I'd far rather be given a bag of Twirl pieces. I obviously have common tastes!

We say it all the time: we all like different things and I really don't like Hotel Chocolat stuff. It all tastes the same to me and not in a good way - it has a sort of waxy/plastic-y texture too. I have had two HC gifts in the past and hated both. Each to their own, but I'd far rather be given a bag of Twirl pieces. I obviously have common tastes!

Wispa bites :mysmilie_5:

I'm exactly the same AndiK. I've tried Hotel Chocolat a few times, and I really don't like it at all, so I must be common too. Ha ha

I'm ashamed to say I've never tried these but I am 99% sure I would love them!

My son purchased a packet for me, as he’s the food police in our house I was rationed. It was like feeding a donkey strawberries.

They could be the best chocolates going, really gorgeous tasting and I’m not disputing that.
But sadly as far as I’m concerned even if the set is pound for pound the ‘Best Buy’ ever going.
To divide up and give as a gift the presentation in my opinion is very poor.
Receiptants will end up with cellophane opened trays over Christmas.
Opening an assortment box of chocolates and deciding following checking the menu who is going for what is a nice family Christmas treat. I could understand bringing a brand to Q that’s not cheap and to do a fab offer, packaging it in basic sample trays that are sold in their shops to sell them in thousands, perhaps sometime during the year would be fine.
But to sell during gifting hours under the disguise as great to give as a Christmas gifts just doesn’t do it for me.

Latest posts

Back