Yankee Candles TSV 16/11/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks, SCW, I suspected as much, however, I have just got some newer ones like the gingerbread, glittering star and perfect tree on ebay. I don't usually buy the jars although I know they are better value. I might have gone for this TSV if they had had a mix of the Christmas ones instead of all being the same. Saying that, I like the sound of perfect tree and I love all is bright.

CC

Oooh which ones did you get from the Groupon deal???

This was the only AD I kept going as I wanted all the drops and I'm particularly excited by the Xmas one as it's the US scents - from memory Snow Dusted Bayberry (I love any of the Bayberry fragrances), Holiday Shimmer and Sugar Frost Christmas (both with mint in them, I LOVE minty Xmas candles) - hope they're as lovely 'in the flesh' as the descriptions. Hope that gives you some vicarious thrills.

Yes, I can appreciate the thrill of your imminent delivery, thanks! They do sound nice but the set is probably not something I’d buy, simply because I find the winter/Xmas ones a bit samey. I don’t think my nose can pick up the various scents they’re supposed to contain so the main thing I get is pine whether it’s supposed to be balsam, cedar, fir (any tree!) or snow, frost, sparkle, etc. I mean, I don’t mind woody smells but wouldn’t want too many. I like the mint angle though!

Not sure they’ll be to your taste (well, not based on what you’re saying here) but the Groupon ones were Candied Pecans, Tobacco Flower, Black Plum Blossom and Cinnamon & Cedar. I don’t usually like Cinnamon but it’s subtle enough for me in the last one. I like the sweet but not sickly ones, as you can tell. Cinnamon & Cedar is another pine forest type smell but one’s fine.

Yankee Candle 5 Piece Classics Collection with 5 Gift Boxes
Item Number 709100
QVC Price £56.00
TSV Price £36.00
P&P £5.95
4 Easy Pays of £9.00

This collection from Yankee Candle features two large jar candles, two medium jar candles and a small jar candle in your choice of the scents All Is Bright, Black Cherry, Black Coconut, Christmas Eve, Lemon Lavender, Midnight Jasmine, Peony or The Perfect Tree. Complete with five festive gift boxes so you can share your favourite Yankee fragrance with your friends and family, this set is ideal for giving as gifts, or you can spread them around your house to make it your home's new signature scent.

Fragrance options:

All Is Bright - zesty citrus and warm, comforting musk notes
Black Cherry - rich and sultry cherry notes
Black Coconut - coconut, cedarwood and floral island blossoms
Christmas Eve - a blend of traditional festive scents including a warm fire, sugared plums, and candied fruits
Lemon Lavender - vibrant and refreshing citrus notes with the calming scent of lavender
Midnight Jasmine - a blend of water jasmine, sweet honeysuckle, neroli, and mandarin blossom
Peony - a rich scent of this bright, spring bloom
The Perfect Tree - balsam and fir-scented with festive snowy branches

Contains:

2 x large jar candles (623g)
2 x medium jar candles (411g)
1 x small jar candle (104g)
4 x large gift boxes
1 x small gift box

Total burn time: 480 hours

https://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle...lection-with-5-Gift-Boxes.product.709100.html

This makes the large candles £10.38 each instead of £23.99, medium candles £8.65 each instead if £19.99 and small candle £3.89 instead of £8.99 ,this included p&p in calculations

So sorry did not see previous post with these figures.

Last edited:
This makes the large candles £10.38 each instead of £23.99, medium candles £8.65 each instead if £19.99 and small candle £3.89 instead of £8.99 ,this included p&p in calculations

I beat you to it this time, llloyd (my post #12 on previous page). At least I know I got the calculataions right if you say the same!

:mysmilie_17:

Are you buying the TSV?

I beat you to it this time, llloyd (my post #12 on previous page). At least I know I got the calculataions right if you say the same!

:mysmilie_17:

Are you buying the TSV?

My son normally buys me Yankee for Christmas, Mother’s Day etc, he doesn’t like the fact they are all the same scent/smell. He has offered to buy the Decleor advent posted by Sazza at £49.95 at allbeauty. He’s such a lovely thoughtful young man.

Yes, I can appreciate the thrill of your imminent delivery, thanks! They do sound nice but the set is probably not something I’d buy, simply because I find the winter/Xmas ones a bit samey. I don’t think my nose can pick up the various scents they’re supposed to contain so the main thing I get is pine whether it’s supposed to be balsam, cedar, fir (any tree!) or snow, frost, sparkle, etc. I mean, I don’t mind woody smells but wouldn’t want too many. I like the mint angle though!

Not sure they’ll be to your taste (well, not based on what you’re saying here) but the Groupon ones were Candied Pecans, Tobacco Flower, Black Plum Blossom and Cinnamon & Cedar. I don’t usually like Cinnamon but it’s subtle enough for me in the last one. I like the sweet but not sickly ones, as you can tell. Cinnamon & Cedar is another pine forest type smell but one’s fine.

Only just saw this, the Groupon ones sound lush although I'd not heard of the Cinnamon & Cedar one before - I normally loathe cinnamon in candles but that sounds pretty good - will have to see if I can sniff it anywhere!

On the other hand, I love pine-y/toilet cleaner smells (Lemon Lavender is one of my faves) so Yankee Xmas candles are usually right up my alley!

Only just saw this, the Groupon ones sound lush although I'd not heard of the Cinnamon & Cedar one before - I normally loathe cinnamon in candles but that sounds pretty good - will have to see if I can sniff it anywhere!

On the other hand, I love pine-y/toilet cleaner smells (Lemon Lavender is one of my faves) so Yankee Xmas candles are usually right up my alley!

I had a sniff of cinnamon & cedar, I could only smell cinnamon. Not for me.

How funny. Once again, different people, different senses of smell, different tastes ....

I had a sniff of cinnamon & cedar, I could only smell cinnamon. Not for me.

And how odd is this. I just re-sniffed my Cinnamon & Cedar and I can barely smell Cinnamon, which is a good thing for me because I'm not keen either!! I am getting something very nutty from the fragrance and I like it more, the more I sniff!

Aren't human beings peculiar?

My son normally buys me Yankee for Christmas, Mother’s Day etc, he doesn’t like the fact they are all the same scent/smell. He has offered to buy the Decleor advent posted by Sazza at £49.95 at allbeauty. He’s such a lovely thoughtful young man.

Your son does sound lovely. None of the men in my family have ever been particularly thoughtful in that way.

Your son does sound lovely. None of the men in my family have ever been particularly thoughtful in that way.

My other half left the fridge door open all day - I told him he had to buy me a present to make up for the food I had to throw away...he bought me a multipack of McCoys :mysmilie_10:

My other half left the fridge door open all day - I told him he had to buy me a present to make up for the food I had to throw away...he bought me a multipack of McCoys :mysmilie_10:

You see, I'd take that! I would probably close the fridge door on his hand next time he went in it for something, though!

:mysmilie_15:

Mr B (loves a bargain) Used to buy me all the semi dead flowers the day after mothers day/valentines....Serves me right for saying that buying flowers on the day was a rip off as they were all massively overpriced for the occasions..........

Mr B (loves a bargain) Used to buy me all the semi dead flowers the day after mothers day/valentines....Serves me right for saying that buying flowers on the day was a rip off as they were all massively overpriced for the occasions..........

You have to be sooooo careful what you accidentally 'ask for' in off the cuff comments - I casually mentioned once I liked jigsaws so my other half bought me an 18,000 piece jigsaw puzzle for my birthday...finished, it would be 2 x 3 metres :mysmilie_17:

For a birthday a couple of years ago, the husband asked me what I wanted, we were talking about Snack a Jacks and how much I love the salt and vinegar ones, and I wouldn't mind a snugly new pair of pyjamas size 16. I got my size 16 pyjamas.........and 16 bags of salt and vinegar Snack a Jacks because he couldn't remember which of the two I said I wanted, in fairness though, I do eat a lot of salt and vinegar Snack a Jacks. :mysmilie_17:

He sounds like my kind of guy - especially if it's the king prawn sizzle McCoys :mysmilie_59:

CC

I heard Fibby Flint say she couldn't guarantee you'd get the advanced orders for Christmas, in a world of next day delivery I don't know why not. Fashion World (and Simply Be) do a years next day delivery for £10 a year (on offer today for £5) I ordered something at ten o'clock last night and it's just arrived.

Latest posts

Back