Yankee Candles TSV 16/11/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I heard Fibby Flint say she couldn't guarantee you'd get the advanced orders for Christmas, in a world of next day delivery I don't know why not. Fashion World (and Simply Be) do a years next day delivery for £10 a year (on offer today for £5) I ordered something at ten o'clock last night and it's just arrived.

I guess the delay is just in getting the stock and maybe manufacturing it. I agree it’s pretty poor, though. It does annoy me when they say things like “We are on the phones right now trying to secure some more stock / negotiate auto delivery”. That was DF last night and it struck me as unlikely at just after midnight (doubt they get the stock from the US when all the jars have YC Europe labels on the bottom). In any case, how do they get their requirements so horrendously wrong? Three of the fragrances in today’s TSV were limited stock or sold out by 12.15am, largely thanks to pre-launch orders. It was the most Christmassy ones which went - surely they should have ordered many more of those in? They’ve had enough years of practice!

Anyway, a couple of other niggles from watching some of the launch show: (1) DF saying you can re-use the small jars for herbs - well, fine if you don’t mind your oregano tasting of Midnight Jasmine or Clean Cotton, but I thought you weren’t supposed to use them for anything edible anyway? (2) The constant, exaggerated, prolonged, loud sniffing sound from Flinty as she stuck her conk in all the jars. You could hear it over Rosa talking.

It reminded me why I hardly ever watch now and why I hardly ever find myself shouting at the telly lately.

the price is why its selling so well its amazing value & not surprised options are selling out fast

Well, yeah, but if we can see that, why can’t they and therefore order more in, instead of faffing around with advance orders, or pretending to, and then disappointing people when things don’t arrive in time?

Well, yeah, but if we can see that, why can’t they and therefore order more in, instead of faffing around with advance orders, or pretending to, and then disappointing people when things don’t arrive in time?

they had loads of these otherwise they wouldnt of done the pre-sale this has acutally caught them off guard

I guess the delay is just in getting the stock and maybe manufacturing it. I agree it’s pretty poor, though. It does annoy me when they say things like “We are on the phones right now trying to secure some more stock / negotiate auto delivery”. That was DF last night and it struck me as unlikely at just after midnight (doubt they get the stock from the US when all the jars have YC Europe labels on the bottom). In any case, how do they get their requirements so horrendously wrong? Three of the fragrances in today’s TSV were limited stock or sold out by 12.15am, largely thanks to pre-launch orders. It was the most Christmassy ones which went - surely they should have ordered many more of those in? They’ve had enough years of practice!

Anyway, a couple of other niggles from watching some of the launch show: (1) DF saying you can re-use the small jars for herbs - well, fine if you don’t mind your oregano tasting of Midnight Jasmine or Clean Cotton, but I thought you weren’t supposed to use them for anything edible anyway? (2) The constant, exaggerated, prolonged, loud sniffing sound from Flinty as she stuck her conk in all the jars. You could hear it over Rosa talking.

It reminded me why I hardly ever watch now and why I hardly ever find myself shouting at the telly lately.

She does love a good sniff though doesn’t she Andi, remember “Elimisgate”. :mysmilie_17:
And yes, you’d need a good scrub to get the smell out of those jars if you’re even considering using them for herbs, mind you she might be a good scrubber. :mysmilie_3:

Risk?

I don't believe they haven't already arranged for back-up stocks for advanced orders if a scent option sells out; but they don't risk unsold units at the warehouse. Plus early sell-out pushes customers to order, even if their choice is still available and for the sold-out flavour when they launch a batch on Advanced Order it creates another feeding frenzy of orders.

they had loads of these otherwise they wouldnt of done the pre-sale this has acutally caught them off guard

After 25 years, the items they know will sell the quickest are catching them “off guard”? Does it not occur to them to get less of the not so popular and a shed load more of the popular? Yes I can see why they’ve now only got one star (rated bad) on Truspilot, this must be one of the contributing factors although the most is just all round bad service as a retailer.

She does love a good sniff though doesn’t she Andi, remember “Elimisgate”. :mysmilie_17:
And yes, you’d need a good scrub to get the smell out of those jars if you’re even considering using them for herbs, mind you she might be a good scrubber. :mysmilie_3:

Oh no, you’ve started me off again! :mysmilie_19:

After 25 years, the items they know will sell the quickest are catching them “off guard”? Does it not occur to them to get less of the not so popular and a shed load more of the popular? Yes I can see why they’ve now only got one star (rated bad) on Truspilot, this must be one of the contributing factors although the most is just all round bad service as a retailer.

This is what I was trying to say in my round-about way. All that experience of what sells well and what ends up in warehouses or sitting in Last Clicks (do they still have that?) with 10p off ... and then they get it wrong with one of their best-selling brands at a key time of year. Getting caught out is not an option.

Their rating on Trustpilot is awful the comments really show them up!!! In fact all QVC ratings on TP are bad, US, Germany France, Italy etc....

Oh no, you’ve started me off again! :mysmilie_19:

Sorry Andi.......Just as we thought that sniff couldn’t get any more profound, she proves us all wrong. :mysmilie_19:

Their rating on Trustpilot is awful the comments really show them up!!!

You’re right Sazza it does, don’t think I’ve ever seen it as low as that.

Their rating on Trustpilot is awful the comments really show them up!!! In fact all QVC ratings on TP are bad, US, Germany France, Italy etc....

That’s true, obviously the company as a whole and all it’s franchise are bad, that postage is putting people off now before they’ve even checked the prices out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Andi.......Just as we thought that sniff couldn’t get any more profound, she proves us all wrong. :mysmilie_19: ....

There was a mention of Elemis in last night’s Yankee show too - I think both Rosa and DF had bought the recent TSV. It crossed my mind that DF’s Elemis gets everywhere!

Since I’ve had to sit through a bit of QVC with my favourite presenter, I might as well tell you the best bit in case you missed it .... learning presenters’ favourite Yankee fragrance. Thye had done a little poll. I mean, it really influences my decision about what to buy if I know Craig or Chuntley love it. I ended up buying several of each so I can tell all my friends when they visit that the candle I am burning is a QVC presenter’s choice.

That’s enough sarcasm for today now ...

Andi, I do wish you hadn't posted about Del Boy's disgusting sniff when she shoves her nose in the candles. I feel a bit queasy now!!!!!

:mysmilie_59:

Andi, I do wish you hadn't posted about Del Boy's disgusting sniff when she shoves her nose in the candles. I feel a bit queasy now!!!!!

:mysmilie_59:

I’m so sorry, Mazza. Think about soft bunnies and Lindor chocolate instead :mysmilie_12:

There was a mention of Elemis in last night’s Yankee show too - I think both Rosa and DF had bought the recent TSV. It crossed my mind that DF’s Elemis gets everywhere!

Since I’ve had to sit through a bit of QVC with my favourite presenter, I might as well tell you the best bit in case you missed it .... learning presenters’ favourite Yankee fragrance. Thye had done a little poll. I mean, it really influences my decision about what to buy if I know Craig or Chuntley love it. I ended up buying several of each so I can tell all my friends when they visit that the candle I am burning is a QVC presenter’s choice.

That’s enough sarcasm for today now ...

You can never have enough sarcasm Andi :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:
Funny isn’t it though the way they say they’ve bought such and such, as if their choice is what we should chose, we’d be foolish not too. I’ve also noticed that they’ll say their favourite is the one that’s selling the least, what a coincidence is that.

You can never have enough sarcasm Andi :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:
Funny isn’t it though the way they say they’ve bought such and such, as if their choice is what we should chose, we’d be foolish not too. I’ve also noticed that they’ll say their favourite is the one that’s selling the least, what a coincidence is that.

Oh yes, that's a real fave of mine, when they suddenly decide, as all the colour options are selling out, that actually the puce bag with emerald tassels is their favourite and look how it matches so nicely with what they happen to have on [it doesn't].

OK, there might have been a little extra sarcasm there ...

Oh yes, that's a real fave of mine, when they suddenly decide, as all the colour options are selling out, that actually the puce bag with emerald tassels is their favourite and look how it matches so nicely with what they happen to have on [it doesn't].

OK, there might have been a little extra sarcasm there ...

Good, speak as you find that’s what I always say xx. :mysmilie_3:

Yes the presenters always seem to buy the colour/style/crap that no one else seems to want, similar to when they say “I’m not a (whatever) lover but you know what? I really like it!).........what are the odds?!
:mysmilie_19:

No QVC for me today though, so all sniffs (sounds like a girl band “All Sniffs” :mysmilie_17:) will be avoided, I’m having a lazy day today, pampering, eating and a few films. The husband is bringing the tea in after work *big contented sigh*. :mysmilie_17:

Good, speak as you find that’s what I always say xx. :mysmilie_3:

Yes the presenters always seem to buy the colour/style/crap that no one else seems to want, similar to when they say “I’m not a (whatever) lover but you know what? I really like it!).........what are the odds?!
:mysmilie_19:

No QVC for me today though, so all sniffs (sounds like a girl band “All Sniffs” :mysmilie_17:) will be avoided, I’m having a lazy day today, pampering, eating and a few films. The husband is bringing the tea in after work *big contented sigh*. :mysmilie_17:

So true about the presenterspeak.

As for your day today, bliss!

You're another one like llloyd and Vienna (and others - I just remembered recent comments on the subject from these) with good men in your lives that you are proud of. I quite like the idea so am thinking of getting one - can you adopt nice, thoughtful men in their twenties/thirties?

So true about the presenterspeak.

As for your day today, bliss!

You're another one like llloyd and Vienna (and others - I just remembered recent comments on the subject from these) with good men in your lives that you are proud of. I quite like the idea so am thinking of getting one - can you adopt nice, thoughtful men in their twenties/thirties?

To be honest though, even good men can be a right royal pain in the arse, value your independence and freedom Andi, it’s precious and when the time is right, it’ll happen for you, but as a strong independent woman and on your terms. xx. *big virtual hug*. :heart:

To be honest though, even good men can be a right royal pain in the arse, value your independence and freedom Andi, it’s precious and when the time is right, it’ll happen for you, but as a strong independent woman and on your terms. xx. *big virtual hug*. :heart:

I must admit, singledom does suit me. I have always liked my own space and being able to do what I like at home and when, etc. You're right, I should remember that.

Latest posts

Back