Dumbing down of Lulu Guinness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Is LG going down the route of Orla Kiely ? slapping the name on everything from tea towels to birdcages ??

Today in the Co-op amongst the xmas gifty sets was a large tin of Vaseline (ahem, yes) with the outline of Lulu Guinness face, and Limited Edition slapped on the box for £8 ! I know its a Unilever product but clearly LG has sold her soul for megabucks and the name has gone downmarket, I mean, what next, a bottle of bleach ???

They've been around for a while, my kids gave me a small one for Mother's Day a couple of years ago. I've not seen the large ones before though.

They've been around for a while, my kids gave me a small one for Mother's Day a couple of years ago. I've not seen the large ones before though.

Yes, they had them in Boots a couple of years ago (still do). I bought a few and gave to all my girlfriends who are Lulu G fans ... oh, sorry, I was thinking I was Jill Franks for a minute there.. back to the real world ... I did buy a couple of the little Vaseline tins for myself and a friend as a stocking-filler though. Last Xmas in Boots, they had the bigger tins which contain three different smaller tins, all with the LG doll face.

I want to throw something at my tv when LG comes on with her latest promo, something along the lines she don't like being serious, but she charges serious money for what is imo her slly looking wares. I have no time for her or her twee voice.

I've not seen these products but I am guessing it is some sort of lip balm? I suppose with lips being her trademark it's kind of related. Wont be buying any either way.

I don't mind her, she is what she is.

I love LG but it's usually out of my price range although I do have a few items I bought in her sale. I just put that orange face pouch in my basket for £99 and hinted to Mr CC about Christmas. Deaf ears so back it went. I need that £99 for presents for others and I must stop being so greedy!!

LG does a budget range in the USA called Lulu (I think). Really cheap prices. A friend of mine sent me some over but it is very poor quality compared to what you get in the UK.

CC

He ! he ! he ! 'deaf ears', yep we've all been there !

It's that "man hearing" thing. I can talk to him when he's 3 feet away and he doesn't hear me. Mutter that he's a miserable old B when he's shut away in the toilet upstairs and hey presto! He hears every word.

CC

I dont like the tweeness of LuLu Guiness or the shapes of the bag or the stiff leather. I loved ENNY bags in my power dressing 80's days when money was no object lol

Enny real class cost a months wages but beautiful understated luxury. cant believe the brand went bust...but then again lol

It's that "man hearing" thing. I can talk to him when he's 3 feet away and he doesn't hear me. Mutter that he's a miserable old B when he's shut away in the toilet upstairs and hey presto! He hears every word.

CC

Mine's exactly the same. The noise that never fails to get his attention is the rustling of food wrappers.

Mine's exactly the same. The noise that never fails to get his attention is the rustling of food wrappers.

Um, that would be my dog. Unconscious to the world, but quietly unwrap something sweet from the fridge which isn't for sharing, and she's there, head poking around the corner. I laugh every time.

[/B]

Um, that would be my dog. Unconscious to the world, but quietly unwrap something sweet from the fridge which isn't for sharing, and she's there, head poking around the corner. I laugh every time.

Yes I have man and dog like that. My dog will go upstairs to bed and not a sound will be heard through the closed livingroom door. So, is it safe to open the bag of kettle chips? He's down those stairs faster than a JRT down a rabbit hole no matter how quietly you try and open the bag, or even more sneakily, cut the bag open with scissors. No matter, the dog can always hear it.

CC

I love Lulu Guinness things but I can't afford the handbags. I do have the birdcage birdcage umbrella and the dollface red foldaway umbrella and they are very good quality. I bought a small Vaseline tin and it was fun. I don't see it as dumming-down, to be honest just fun but hey-ho.

Yes I have man and dog like that. My dog will go upstairs to bed and not a sound will be heard through the closed livingroom door. So, is it safe to open the bag of kettle chips? He's down those stairs faster than a JRT down a rabbit hole no matter how quietly you try and open the bag, or even more sneakily, cut the bag open with scissors. No matter, the dog can always hear it.

CC

When I move my dogs bowl even a fraction, or put it on the worktop to do his dinner, even the tiniest 'ting' on the ceramic (Mason Cash bowl) has him running in to the kitchen. I like to prep his food early, but cannot as he hears (from rooms away) & expects dinner.

Frequently however, when l call him from the kitchen he pretends not to hear. With his lovely big flappy spaniel ears, he aint foolin nobody!

Latest posts

Back