M&S Advent Calendar 2018

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
This year’s advent calendar from M&S is launching on 1st November. £35 when you spend £35. Looks like more QVC brands than ever, including a couple of L’Occitane items, Shay & Blue, Phillip Kingsley, Percy & Reed, Prai.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/beauty/beauty-advent-calendar

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/shopping-deals/marks-spencer-advent-calendar-2018-13091087

(Sorry if it’s been mentioned elsewhere - I’m just particularly enthusiastic about the M&S calendar after getting the past two years’ ones.)

PS It’s not as “pretty” as previous years and doesn’t lend itself so well to re-use as far as I’m concerned. The empty 2016 and 2017 versions are selling well on eBay!

Received today and inspected, bargain.

Ah I was going to ask you if you had received it yet, Miss Molly. I had the Sparks offer like you at the weekend but struggled to find something to buy for £35 in order to qualify for the calendar purchase on top. As I'm not in a hurry, I'll just wait until there's another Sparks offer or discount running so I can spend £35+ in a store and get the calendar then. I'm in the shops tomorrow so I'll have a look at the calendar then.

Ah I was going to ask you if you had received it yet, Miss Molly. I had the Sparks offer like you at the weekend but struggled to find something to buy for £35 in order to qualify for the calendar purchase on top. As I'm not in a hurry, I'll just wait until there's another Sparks offer or discount running so I can spend £35+ in a store and get the calendar then. I'm in the shops tomorrow so I'll have a look at the calendar then.

Hi Andi I bought a pair of black jeans (wanted them anyway) for £35 and the box £35 so I paid £56 for both.

Because I am fed up with my eye problems I decided to treat myself to a short coat in Marks so I was told I could get this for £35. I remembered this thread then so decided to get it. Of course I then went to the opticians and ordered some hugely expensive varifocals but never mind!!!! Oh dear! And now there are the L'Occitane and Decleor TSVs looming......

They had loads of these in store but the assistant said they usually sell out.

Because I am fed up with my eye problems I decided to treat myself to a short coat in Marks so I was told I could get this for £35. I remembered this thread then so decided to get it. Of course I then went to the opticians and ordered some hugely expensive varifocals but never mind!!!! Oh dear! And now there are the L'Occitane and Decleor TSVs looming......

They had loads of these in store but the assistant said they usually sell out.

Still haven't got mine after all my excitement. I will get one (because I do deserve it!) but I hope I don't leave it too late! When I wandered through my M&S earlier, they didn't have the big piles of calendars they had this time last year (they sold out on 1st December, I seem to remember). Maybe they haven't put them all out yet, though? I have been waiting till they (hopefully) have 20% off clothing or something so I don't have to pay full price for whatever I buy to qualify for the calendar, especially as I've got a huge car repair bill coming up and it's already been an expensive few weeks.

Still haven't got mine after all my excitement. I will get one (because I do deserve it!) but I hope I don't leave it too late! When I wandered through my M&S earlier, they didn't have the big piles of calendars they had this time last year (they sold out on 1st December, I seem to remember). Maybe they haven't put them all out yet, though? I have been waiting till they (hopefully) have 20% off clothing or something so I don't have to pay full price for whatever I buy to qualify for the calendar, especially as I've got a huge car repair bill coming up and it's already been an expensive few weeks.

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! My M&S has sold out! They had more than last year, apparently, but all gone in 10 days! After all my bleating and “I’m not paying full price for the items I buy to qualify for a calendar ...” I delayed too long. I suspect M&S realised they don’t need to run offers when they have the calendar because last year I got two when they had 20% off clothing and 3 for the price of 2 on accessories and at the moment I’ve only got one measly offer on my Sparks card. I really don’t need more beauty products but I’m still sore.

:angry:

Still, that car repair on my credit card won’t settle itself. Maybe fate is telling me something...

When I was talking to a sales assistant in my M&S on Monday about the advent calendars selling out so fast, she offered to take my number and call if anyone returned one (could only be returned unopenened, obviously). I thought that was a waste of time but you never know. Anyway, I just had a call and they have got three in! I don’t know if it’s a random allocation from the warehouse or local customers returning them. They’re going to put one aside for me (it had better not be battered!). To make me even happier, I’ve just got a 20% off clothing and beauty offer so I won’t have to buy full price items to get it.

Typical, though - last night in a moment of weakness, I saw the Lookfantastic one was reduced from £80 to £62 so I ordered that. Reviews for it are as good as for the M&S one and I actually convinced myself I liked it better. Now I’m getting both! Amazing how I justify things to myself.

That’s it now - all beauty and home products from Aldi in 2019!!

When I was talking to a sales assistant in my M&S on Monday about the advent calendars selling out so fast, she offered to take my number and call if anyone returned one (could only be returned unopenened, obviously). I thought that was a waste of time but you never know. Anyway, I just had a call and they have got three in! I don’t know if it’s a random allocation from the warehouse or local customers returning them. They’re going to put one aside for me (it had better not be battered!). To make me even happier, I’ve just got a 20% off clothing and beauty offer so I won’t have to buy full price items to get it.

Typical, though - last night in a moment of weakness, I saw the Lookfantastic one was reduced from £80 to £62 so I ordered that. Reviews for it are as good as for the M&S one and I actually convinced myself I liked it better. Now I’m getting both! Amazing how I justify things to myself.

That’s it now - all beauty and home products from Aldi in 2019!!

I have got them both :mysmilie_17: I am after the Elle one from Latest in beauty if it comes down in price for Black Friday.

Latest posts

Back