Amanda Holden

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Isn't Botox some form of botulism???

Yes - 'Botulinum toxin (BTX) is a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum and related species.[1] It prevents the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine from axon endings at the neuromuscular junction and thus causes flaccid paralysis. Infection with the bacterium causes the disease botulism'. Thank you, Wiki & yuck.

I ended up on this web page with before and after picks of this nurse who visits doing sessions at hairdressers and nail salons. I was flabbergasted as 95% of the images were of 25-35 year olds, having had their faces and lips injected with botox and fillers. The frightening thing was the before pictures featured the ladies screwing up their faces creating severe wrinkles. The lips were injected with so much stuff and really inflated, appearing huge and so unnatural.
But what was so unbelievable were the comments from ladies who appeared of similar ages, who were gushing over the effects. Their were so many questions asking “When will you be coming back to x?”
Unbelievable!!!

:mysmilie_466::mysmilie_460:

Vienna, that is so awful, poor girl to go through all of that. I wish her, & you, all the best.

Thanks all. I worry about her I must admit. Just 20 years ago she was fit, active and working a full time job and then she began to have just minor spasms to begin with but they soon worsened. She was diagnosed with Dystonia and Neuromyotonia and now spends her life in a wheelchair.
Around a year ago she was diagnosed with endometrial cancer which had spread to her bowel and her peritoneum and they have told her they can`t cure her and her care is now palliative.
She has just celebrated her 70th birthday and next year will be her golden wedding anniversary and she is determined to make it and have a party to end all parties.
She is my big sis, we have shared a bedroom as kids, we have cried together, laughed together, shared clothes, argued, nursed each others babies and looked after both of our late parents together and until I remarried we actually lived next door to each other and when my first husband died she was my rock.
We are sisters by blood but we are also soul sisters too, she feels my pain, I feel hers, someone hurts her then they hurt me too and vice versa and nobody has ever put a wedge between us and my first hubby used to say when he married me he married her too, especially as we lived next door to each other.
So if anybody has a sister, love her with everything you have, never risk losing her for the sake of being proven right or wrong in an argument and cherish each conversation, each visit and each other.

Thanks all. I worry about her I must admit. Just 20 years ago she was fit, active and working a full time job and then she began to have just minor spasms to begin with but they soon worsened. She was diagnosed with Dystonia and Neuromyotonia and now spends her life in a wheelchair.
Around a year ago she was diagnosed with endometrial cancer which had spread to her bowel and her peritoneum and they have told her they can`t cure her and her care is now palliative.
She has just celebrated her 70th birthday and next year will be her golden wedding anniversary and she is determined to make it and have a party to end all parties.
She is my big sis, we have shared a bedroom as kids, we have cried together, laughed together, shared clothes, argued, nursed each others babies and looked after both of our late parents together and until I remarried we actually lived next door to each other and when my first husband died she was my rock.
We are sisters by blood but we are also soul sisters too, she feels my pain, I feel hers, someone hurts her then they hurt me too and vice versa and nobody has ever put a wedge between us and my first hubby used to say when he married me he married her too, especially as we lived next door to each other.
So if anybody has a sister, love her with everything you have, never risk losing her for the sake of being proven right or wrong in an argument and cherish each conversation, each visit and each other.

Beautiful words, Vienna. One day, when I am able to look back at what my sister is facing without the pain I feel at the moment, I hope that I will be strong enough to write as you have done. Bless both of you.

Like most 'procedures' in the beauty industry, they are generally a discovered cosmetic side effect from genuine medical treatment for certain conditions.

Botox is botulism used under strict medical supervision, until someone realised a side effect was the freezing of muscles, and the rest is history.

I have regular Caci treatment, which lifts and firms the facial muscles. This treatment originated in its medical treatment for Bell's palsy.

I have Lupus which gives a weakened immune system, so I wouldn't even consider putting a toxic bacterium into my system, and particularly by someone who just pitches up at a Salon with a briefcase !

These drugs should be left where they are - in a hospital, to do the job they were manufactured for, like treating Vienna's sister.

Re: Amanda Holden, Nicole Kidman (have you seen HER lately), Carole Vorderman and the rest, I ask, "at what stage do you stop ?" because how grotesque will they look in their 70's and 80's with wrinkled throats/aged gimlet eyes/scrawny hands with stretched skin across the face.

I saw Joan Collins on the tv the other day. Despite cries of 'how glamorous' she looks at 85, all I saw was a wig wearing woman (nothing wrong with that), but her wrinkle free cheeks were sucked in and she could barely speak - her teeth seemed too big for her mouth, so what's going on ?????

I saw Rula Lenska on TV the other night and I was trying to remember if she always spoke as if she had a mouth full of bricks. Her teeth seemed to fill her face and it was as if she struggled to talk with them.

Like most 'procedures' in the beauty industry, they are generally a discovered cosmetic side effect from genuine medical treatment for certain conditions.

Botox is botulism used under strict medical supervision, until someone realised a side effect was the freezing of muscles, and the rest is history.

I have regular Caci treatment, which lifts and firms the facial muscles. This treatment originated in its medical treatment for Bell's palsy.

I have Lupus which gives a weakened immune system, so I wouldn't even consider putting a toxic bacterium into my system, and particularly by someone who just pitches up at a Salon with a briefcase !

These drugs should be left where they are - in a hospital, to do the job they were manufactured for, like treating Vienna's sister.

Re: Amanda Holden, Nicole Kidman (have you seen HER lately), Carole Vorderman and the rest, I ask, "at what stage do you stop ?" because how grotesque will they look in their 70's and 80's with wrinkled throats/aged gimlet eyes/scrawny hands with stretched skin across the face.

I saw Joan Collins on the tv the other day. Despite cries of 'how glamorous' she looks at 85, all I saw was a wig wearing woman (nothing wrong with that), but her wrinkle free cheeks were sucked in and she could barely speak - her teeth seemed too big for her mouth, so what's going on ?????

They all look homogenised with their pouty lips & narrow eyes peering out of pushed up cheeks. At 60 my jawline is softening but the rest is holding up quite well & as long as it's cleansed, moisturised & made up I'm happy. It must be worrying if you see yourself as a celebrity & be aware of the next new thing ready to take over from you, consequently spending a fair amount of time trying to stop the clock becomes a huge part of your life. I worked with a woman who had botox every three months, in the couple of weeks before her top up she'd use haemorrhoid cream to maintain 'tightness':mysmilie_17:

I worked with a woman who had botox every three months, in the couple of weeks before her top up she'd use haemorrhoid cream to maintain 'tightness':mysmilie_17:

Oh my word! Persish the thought were that nozzle was going. :mysmilie_15:

a good facelift can work wonders but fillers look awful imo

:mysmilie_15:

I'm sorry but the positioning of your reply is hilarious. I know they don't always end up where we mean to put then. Me & my dry SOH. Sometimes it's the best SOH for the shite life throws.

Joan collins tbh has never looked particularly good for her age after 35

Smashing bone structure though, & elegant. You never see her getting out of a taxi 'sans knickers' flashing the world her noo -noo

Last edited:
They all look homogenised with their pouty lips & narrow eyes peering out of pushed up cheeks. At 60 my jawline is softening but the rest is holding up quite well & as long as it's cleansed, moisturised & made up I'm happy. It must be worrying if you see yourself as a celebrity & be aware of the next new thing ready to take over from you, consequently spending a fair amount of time trying to stop the clock becomes a huge part of your life. I worked with a woman who had botox every three months, in the couple of weeks before her top up she'd use haemorrhoid cream to maintain 'tightness':mysmilie_17:

I remember reading an interview with Julie Walters years and years ago long before Botox and she mentioned it was something which was done as a quick fix for photo shoots etc.

Latest posts

Back