Anybody here bought one of those new Toshiba TV's?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Retrovertigo

Registered Shopper
They have featured a couple of newer Toshiba TV's recently. I believe 49 and 55 inch sizes. I am looking for a reasonable TV for the living room and wondered if anybody had bought one?

I can't find any reviews online at the moment, so I'm assuming QVC has first dibs on these new sets? They are on the Toshiba website but that's about it. Obviously the thought of paying for one in installments, and being able to send it back is rather useful.

Having said that, it is still a hassle getting one set up, so I'd appreciate any feedback on them. Cheers

I work at a high street technology chain and, unless it is as a second tv, toshiba is a low spec 4k tv. If you are on a budget, it is the best of a bad bunch. The refresher rate is a lowly 50hz. Aesthetically, it is not an attractive model. If you intend on getting sky q, thus watching in 4k, spend £449 (atm) on a 43” LG, 4k, with HDR.
If you intend using, for example, the PS 4 Pro, which operates in 4k, you require 120hz, so a 50hz model, will not allow the console to show it’s full potential.
We sell, by far, more Samsung’s and LGs, as the quality, including the panels, the firmware, and the software are superior to those used by inferior brands.

I have to get this off my chest. I've seen this on QVC a couple of times now with Alex and Lee Applebein doing the presentation, and Alex says something mind boggling.

Mr "you and I have seen nothink like this before" is mentioning how it has an Onkyo soundbar built into the front of the TV. And Alex comes out with "oh that's great. You'd be amazed how many TV's have the soundbar at the back or up one side. How annoying is that if you are trying to fit it into a tight space"

What???? I can't fathom what she might be referring to and wrongly calling a soundbar. I've never seen a TV with something stuck out of the back or up one side.

Hohbein stands there and says nothing at all. Probably because he doesn't want to embarrass her.....or maybe he is clueless himself (my guess) but surely he should be correcting her so that viewers aren't confused by what she said?

I do like Alex, but come on lady (why does she refer to female guests as lady when she introduces them) keep schtum if you aren't quite sure what you are talking about!

They have featured a couple of newer Toshiba TV's recently. I believe 49 and 55 inch sizes. I am looking for a reasonable TV for the living room and wondered if anybody had bought one?

I can't find any reviews online at the moment, so I'm assuming QVC has first dibs on these new sets? They are on the Toshiba website but that's about it. Obviously the thought of paying for one in installments, and being able to send it back is rather useful.

Having said that, it is still a hassle getting one set up, so I'd appreciate any feedback on them. Cheers

I don't have a television.

Latest posts

Back