Yankee Candle Set £25 @ Boots

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Couple of advantages of Boots - you can use the 3 for 2 pick & mix to reduce the price of any candles you buy (provided they've got the fragrances you want); plus you can use Boots Advantage points which means you might have enough points to not pay for them at all!

Personally I don't like this star gift as it contains the votives, and I find them an utter faff.

Couple of advantages of Boots - you can use the 3 for 2 pick & mix to reduce the price of any candles you buy (provided they've got the fragrances you want); plus you can use Boots Advantage points which means you might have enough points to not pay for them at all!

Personally I don't like this star gift as it contains the votives, and I find them an utter faff.

you cannot do the 3 for 2 on star gifts but the points dont matter to most people i know as most people find boots rather expensive for stuff & ive always found stuff cheaper in superdrugs/savers ect & its excatly the same

you cannot do the 3 for 2 on star gifts but the points dont matter to most people i know as most people find boots rather expensive for stuff & ive always found stuff cheaper in superdrugs/savers ect & its excatly the same

Yes, I tried to get a Yankee set when it was a Star Gift a couple of years ago and it wasn't in the 3 for 2, sadly. £25 for this one is not bad but it's never worth £50!

Have to disagree about the Boots points, Ian - I have been collecting since the scheme started and always take advantage (no pun intended!) of the extra points events like the one at the moment where you get an extra 1000 for every £50 you spend, so I accumulate loads! I usually spend about £50 worth of them a year and still have about £800 worth on my card (the assistants always gasp!). Yes, some things are often cheaper in Superdrug and I love shopping there too. Their points scheme is pants by the way - 1 point per £1 spend. I never accumulate more than £1 or £2 worth and they bloomin' expire 12 months after you earn them (or is it 24 months? Either way, I keep losing them because of it!)

Yes, I tried to get a Yankee set when it was a Star Gift a couple of years ago and it wasn't in the 3 for 2, sadly. £25 for this one is not bad but it's never worth £50!

Have to disagree about the Boots points, Ian - I have been collecting since the scheme started and always take advantage (no pun intended!) of the extra points events like the one at the moment where you get an extra 1000 for every £50 you spend, so I accumulate loads! I usually spend about £50 worth of them a year and still have about £800 worth on my card (the assistants always gasp!). Yes, some things are often cheaper in Superdrug and I love shopping there too. Their points scheme is pants by the way - 1 point per £1 spend. I never accumulate more than £1 or £2 worth and they bloomin' expire 12 months after you earn them (or is it 24 months? Either way, I keep losing them because of it!)

loads used to have the card but they kept finding the same items cheaper elsewhere without the points so were buying better value elsewhere for the same items

I disagree too Andi, my daughter in laws always collect the points if it's something they want, they don't half add up too. Boots do have some great offers in and our town centre Boots is always busy, so they must be doing something right. :mysmilie_3:

I don't really buy much at boots as its more expensive than Superdrug. I also like Superdrug skincare their cleanse and polish style cleanser and moisturisers are good VFM. boots do a face oil that I love that's all I really buy there

I use both Boots and Superdrug. On expensive items such as the Dyson Hairdryer or the new curling thingy ma bob, then Boots would give you £60 to £70 worth of points. If like me you don`t buy such expensive items then the points don`t add up to quite so much. I have my boots card linked to my account on their website and they frequently send me special offers for more points etc. At the end of the day even if I only have enough points to buy one Christmas present then it`s one less sum of money out of my own pocket. I save my points until this time of year and usually buy a Soap and Glory gift set for one of hubby`s teenage grand daughters.

I disagree too Andi, my daughter in laws always collect the points if it's something they want, they don't half add up too. Boots do have some great offers in and our town centre Boots is always busy, so they must be doing something right. :mysmilie_3:

They really do add up! I tend to agree with others here that you may be better off shopping elsewhere for some things, or if you just want a tube of toothpaste, for example. But as I say, I tend to do most of my shopping in Boots when they have one of the frequent bonus points events and then also buy things on offer (like in a 3 for the price of 2 deal) so it’s a double win. I said in another thread, when they had the Advantage Points 21st Birthday Event in September, I bought 3 of the newish Yankees in square-bottomed jars (full price £21.99), 3 for the price of 2 and with the 21 points per pound, they worked out just over £11.50 each. Now that they sell It Cosmetics, I’ll probably buy their cc+ cream and concealer there when there’s an offer and not need poor old QVC for those in future.

I use both Boots and Superdrug. On expensive items such as the Dyson Hairdryer or the new curling thingy ma bob, then Boots would give you £60 to £70 worth of points. If like me you don`t buy such expensive items then the points don`t add up to quite so much. I have my boots card linked to my account on their website and they frequently send me special offers for more points etc. At the end of the day even if I only have enough points to buy one Christmas present then it`s one less sum of money out of my own pocket. I save my points until this time of year and usually buy a Soap and Glory gift set for one of hubby`s teenage grand daughters.

Agree with all of this. I love the high street in general, I must say, and love supporting local shops, even though my credit card is also on first name terms with Amazon and lately eBay.

I love Boots 3 for 2 offers Andi, especially at Christmas. I always keep the free one for myself because I'd feel mean giving a freebie as a present.........yep, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :mysmilie_3:

I love Boots 3 for 2 offers Andi, especially at Christmas. I always keep the free one for myself because I'd feel mean giving a freebie as a present.........yep, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :mysmilie_3:

It works for me! Imagine how terrible you’d feel giving someone that third gift!

loads used to have the card but they kept finding the same items cheaper elsewhere without the points so were buying better value elsewhere for the same items

Why spend new money rather than getting back the benefit of money already sent. That kind of justification for avoiding boots is not logical. If your receipt shows zero £ spent how is that more expensive than elsewhere??

Why spend new money rather than getting back the benefit of money already sent. That kind of justification for avoiding boots is not logical. If your receipt shows zero £ spent how is that more expensive than elsewhere??

i think in the end we ended up getting like 10p's worth of points & in the end we shredded the card as its one of the worse points systems me & loads of others have found but each to their own

I don't lie the boots card tbh. but I rarely buy anything from Boots to benefit from it

Boots post Christmas sale is excellent, all the gift sets go down to half price or less.

Precis: If you buy a lot at Boots anyway, card is good, especially with the special offers. If you don't (males?) then it's not so good. Not rocket science.

Latest posts

Back