Todays Top Tech with Amazon TSV 01/12/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gawd - more hours of Lee Holbein waffling on. I certainly won't be watching.

God almighty, I bet he stands there saying "alexa alexa alexa" over and over, making me have to mute the TV :/

Amazon Echo Plus 2nd Gen Smart Speaker with Alexa, Smart Hub & Premium Sound
Item Number: 517855
QVC Price £130.00
Todays Special Value Price £99.99
P&P £3.95

The Amazon Echo Plus 2nd Gen Smart Speaker with Alexa boasts a chic new fabric-covered design and upgraded sound, with Premium Dolby-powered speakers for 360 degree audio that fills a room with immersive sound, while still providing the same innovative technology as a hands-free speaker designed around your voice to answer questions, play music, provide news and weather alerts and more. The 2nd Gen Amazon Echo Plus allows you to access everything from your connected devices to your favourite technology, wherever you are.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Echo Plus 2nd Gen directly from Amazon you’d pay £139.99. So to get it for our Today's Special Value price of just £99.99 plus P&P, you’re saving £36.05.

Zigbee Home Hub - the Amazon Echo Plus has a built-in smart home hub that seamlessly connects and controls compatible smart devices, such as light bulbs, door locks, in-wall switches, and plugs, without the need for separate hubs or a smart home skill. Simply connect by saying "Alexa, discover my devices" and Echo Plus will do the rest.

Amazing Alexa - the brain behind the Amazon Echo, Alexa is a voice service that updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning and adding new functions and skills to her repertoire. The more you use the Echo Plus in your everyday life, the more it adapts to your speech style, vocabulary and preferences.

Serious skills - from ordering a takeaway meal through Just Eat to requesting a taxi from Uber, the Amazon Echo Plus has thousands of 'skills' and counting, which can be accessed instantly – just select the one you want to use.

Multi-Room Music - want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with Multi-Room Music, you can tell Alexa to play across all your Echo devices. Just tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the living room, or play the same song downstairs - available for Amazon Music and TuneIn with Spotify coming soon.

Hand-free calls and texts - you can easily talk hands-free to anyone who has a supported Echo device or the Alexa App—no tapping or searching required. Additionally, you can send messages via voice or text to anyone with an Echo or the app. Simply download the latest version of the app on your Smartphone, and verify your mobile number.

Voice recognition makes it personal - with just a word, the Echo Plus responds to you - just say "Alexa" to wake up your device. Far-field voice recognition means the Echo Plus can hear you ask a question from any direction, even in noisy environments. You do not need to train Alexa to understand your voice, as the Echo Plus works with multiple people’s voice commands straight out of the box.

Surrounding sound - with seven microphones and beam-forming technology, the Echo Plus can hear you from across the room even while music is playing. The Echo Plus is also an expertly tuned, immersive speaker that has been designed to fill any room with its dual, downward-facing speakers. Plus, it can play your favourite music and playlists from Amazon Prime Music, Spotify and more, using just your voice.

Seamless set up - just plug it in, connect to the internet with the Alexa app, and you are ready to go. The included Quick Start Guide will help you get the most out of your Echo Plus, and there are no subscription fees to use the Echo Plus either.

Listen - with millions of songs from thousands of artists, the Amazon Digital Music Store brings all your favourite music to your fingertips. Music you buy on your Fire tablet is saved to Your Music Library and you can play or download it anytime. Your added value includes a free two-month subscription voucher to the Amazon Digital Music Store to give you plenty of time to discover your new favourite band.

Stylish too – the fabric finish of the Echo Plus 2nd Gen means you can choose from one of three neutral colour options Charcoal; Heather Grey or Sandstone to suit your home décor to a T.

Colour options:

Charcoal
Heather Grey
Sandstone

What's in the box?

Amazon Echo Plus 2nd Gen smart speaker
1 x power adaptor and cable 1.8m (6ft)
Quick Start Guide
One year manufacturer's warranty

Please note:

The Amazon Echo HD speaker will have limited functionality outside of mainland UK, the Channel Islands, France, Germany and the USA
To use the Echo, a smartphone, laptop or tablet is required
If you are currently an iTunes user, there is a limit to the amount of songs you can upload to your Amazon music library to use with Echo:
You can upload up to 250 songs to your music library for free
With an Amazon Music subscription, you can upload up to 250,000 songs
Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services such as iTunes from your phone or tablet
Streamed music will still have voice controls, limited to: Play, Pause, Previous, Next, Stop, Resume, and Restart
Amazon Prime members can use Prime Music, as part of their Prime Subscription, to play music, and also ask Alexa to order eligible products they've ordered before
You don't need to subscribe to Amazon Prime to use the Echo

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.517855

No wonder I caught him saying his mother had said to him “On QVC again.”

Bet she was thinking flipping heck will he be dropping in on me all throughout the day again.
No wonder he said we’d usually drop in on my mother buts she’s gone to bed.
No Lee she’s sick to death of having to pop up on Q every other day.

:mysmilie_11:

@deanos If you want to start including automated lighting with things like the Philips Hue bulbs, then this is worth the cost over the regular Echo as it negates the need to buy the Philips hub which is about £50 and is needed if you want Alexa to control your Hue bulbs.

Having said that, I am sure I read somewhere that you don't quite get the full control that you would if you used a proper Philips hub. But I'm unsure on that.

@deanos If you want to start including automated lighting with things like the Philips Hue bulbs, then this is worth the cost over the regular Echo as it negates the need to buy the Philips hub which is about £50 and is needed if you want Alexa to control your Hue bulbs.

Having said that, I am sure I read somewhere that you don't quite get the full control that you would if you used a proper Philips hub. But I'm unsure on that.

there are many things now that don’t need a hub at all as all the wizardy is built into the bulbs now, i have some of my lights on a smart socket and use with echo dot

i never heard lee mention about the built in hub when presenting , bit naughty if it’s exactly same as other version apart from the hub as the majority of people won’t need it and could of saved nearly 50 getting the other version

The main advantage to me is the improved sound with the bigger speakers.

I read some reviews, it is a worthwhile improvement.

The built-in bridge is useful if you want to add smart switches and bulbs in the future.

The description says you get 2 months of free music, I didn't hear Lee mention this. This makes me think the description may be wrong

The main advantage to me is the improved sound with the bigger speakers.

I read some reviews, it is a worthwhile improvement.

The built-in bridge is useful if you want to add smart switches and bulbs in the future.

The description says you get 2 months of free music, I didn't hear Lee mention this. This makes me think the description may be wrong

I really like the way you examine every aspect and research these things! Very useful. Did you go for the TSV or buy on Amazon and, if you get one, will you please come back and tell us what you think?

I got one from Q, the Amazon ones aren't in stock for a while.

Their price is £139 including a bulb, and still £139 without a bulb, very weird.

I don't really need a bulb; I am all "bulbed out" already with LED bulbs.

I decided at 2355!

Q the cheapest at the moment, inc Argos, Currys etc., even with PP.

I have 4 now (when I get it).

The SPOT which looks like an alarm clock is good, sounds OK, but often when I look at the clock it is giving me a message that I don't want to see.

The SHOW has a large screen, which I don't really use, I only use it for the sound by the side of my bed. The lit-up screen is a distraction. It is great to tell it what radio programme to play when you are half asleep. The sound is good. This will be replaced in the bedroom by the new one.

The DOT is tiny, not much volume, tinny sound, but it has Bluetooth OUT as well as IN, so I use it with a bigger Bluetooth speaker. I wouldn't have bought it if not for the Bluetooth out.

I have them in different rooms, but they all play the radio out of sync with each other, quite a few seconds difference.

I

I got one from Q, the Amazon ones aren't in stock for a while.

Their price is £139 including a bulb, and still £139 without a bulb, very weird.

I don't really need a bulb; I am all "bulbed out" already with LED bulbs.

I decided at 2355!

Q the cheapest at the moment, inc Argos, Currys etc., even with PP.

ive noticed a lot of the amazon echo products are coming in at the same price with our without the bulb whcih is a freebie

I have 4 now (when I get it).

The SPOT which looks like an alarm clock is good, sounds OK, but often when I look at the clock it is giving me a message that I don't want to see.

The SHOW has a large screen, which I don't really use, I only use it for the sound by the side of my bed. The lit-up screen is a distraction. It is great to tell it what radio programme to play when you are half asleep. The sound is good. This will be replaced in the bedroom by the new one.

The DOT is tiny, not much volume, tinny sound, but it has Bluetooth OUT as well as IN, so I use it with a bigger Bluetooth speaker. I wouldn't have bought it if not for the Bluetooth out.

I have them in different rooms, but they all play the radio out of sync with each other, quite a few seconds difference.

I

What's the message you don't want to see? "You will never get that crown"? (Sorry, that's mean of me when you've been so helpful! I'm only teasing, I hope you realise.)

Anyway, I fancied the TSV model for upstairs as well - my elderly FM radio / CD player doesn't have great sound quality and I really wanted something that does sound good, which I didn't think the other types would (except the Echo Show, as you say, and I don't want a screen either - plus it's quite a bit dearer). Not sure how much use I have for it switching lights and plugs on/off yet but we'll see.

I love hearing all the feedback from people. That's weird about the radio being out of sync.

The nano second I watched there was a glitch and LH saying technology can do that and CB agreeing in a damage limitation voice. :mysmilie_17:

For radio, I just say "Play radio 4" or 4 extra, or 5 live, or Cornwall etc. It can even play hospital radio, and stations in Buddy Holly's home town of Lubbock.

I haven't even looked into "skills" (apps) yet, it does most things out of the box.

Setting reminders is very useful too eg set reminder for 9pm to watch television.

And things like, how much is 87 ounces in grams, or 1 litre in pints.

You can even ask arithmetic eg what is 25 divided by 3. You get instant answers to questions like this.

What colour did you order Andik?

They said at midnight that the sand was selling fast and would soon sell out, and they had fewer of these as well.

They were ALL in stock when I ordered mine almost 24 hours later!

Latest posts

Back