Todays Top Tech with Amazon TSV 01/12/18 - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stratobuddy View Post
    I got mine as a TSV 2-pack, one is for an xmas present. But, as usual, it was a QVC con, as it was 2nd gen, and 3rd gen had already come out. Guess what, QVC didn't mention this!

It's worth googling around for prices. £49-99 is expensive for what it is, it is VERY small so not much volume or bass. It's probably gone up so they can reduce it again, their prices are like a yoyo.

And all items sold by Amazon (NOT 3rd parties) are free delivery ENDS TODAY so no need to spend over £20 for free delivery.

The code is FREEDELIVERY
    Ah, yes, thanks for reminding me about the prices going up and then back down again for some offer or other. I was forgetting that in my anger at missing a deal. I nearly bought a DVD box set earlier this year when it was about £20 but before I decided, it went up to £35+; I cursed, and then I bought it more recently for £14.99 I think.

I'll keep an eye on deals on the Echo Dot. If I'm meant to have it, something will come up. That's a shame about the QVC "deal" on the 2nd Gen version ... but typical, eh? Is it the 2nd Gen you say is very small and doesn't have a high volume level or equally the 3rd Gen? I'll have to study the reviews but I did notice the 3rd Gen has 4.5 stars from over 1300 reviews on Amazon, which is encouraging me.
    Likes stratobuddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    I think the 3rd gen has a fabric cover, mine was just black plastic.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SCREEN SHOT OR COPY OF THE ECHO PLUS DESCRIPTION?

I am sure it said something like "the bundle includes 2 months free Amazon music".

I've rung Q, they can no longer see the description as the item is no longer for sale. They are getting someone to look into it and ring me back.

Usually I do screen shots myself, but I didn't order until 5 minutes to midnight, then I was too tired, but I expected it to still be there the next day.

Re the voucher, after speaking to a manager, they will let me have the £25 voucher on a £50 sale, as a goodwill gesture, but I will have to order by phone. They will do this for me ONCE ONLY. So I will look to see if there are any last-click items that I actually need.
    Likes Tarketta , AndiK , llloyd , Toril liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the 3rd gen has a fabric cover, mine was just black plastic.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SCREEN SHOT OR COPY OF THE ECHO PLUS DESCRIPTION?

I am sure it said something like "the bundle includes 2 months free Amazon music".

I've rung Q, they can no longer see the description as the item is no longer for sale. They are getting someone to look into it and ring me back.

Usually I do screen shots myself, but I didn't order until 5 minutes to midnight, then I was too tired, but I expected it to still be there the next day.

Re the voucher, after speaking to a manager, they will let me have the £25 voucher on a £50 sale, as a goodwill gesture, but I will have to order by phone. They will do this for me ONCE ONLY. So I will look to see if there are any last-click items that I actually need.
    Ooh yes! You're right! SCW put up the full description on page 1 of this thread (post #5, dated 30th November). I suppose QVC might have changed it when it went live on TSV day but this is what it says about two-thirds of the way down, just above Colour Options:

"Listen - with millions of songs from thousands of artists, the Amazon Digital Music Store brings all your favourite music to your fingertips. Music you buy on your Fire tablet is saved to Your Music Library and you can play or download it anytime. Your added value includes a free two-month subscription voucher to the Amazon Digital Music Store to give you plenty of time to discover your new favourite band."

Great news about your voucher too!
    Thanks stratobuddy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I didn't think of that !

Thanks also to SCW for his work and archiving of TSVs
    Likes Akimbo , AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I didn't think of that !

Thanks also to SCW for his work and archiving of TSVs
    See what they say when they get back to you (assuming they do). I bet they'll say there is no free subscription and there was no mention in the item description. Of course (and I'm sure it's on your mind too), they took it off the website very shortly after the TSV day ended. That wouldn't be to stop lots of people reading about the free music subscription and calling for their voucher, now would it? I'll be calling for mine though - will be interested to hear what they say to you first.

Post Thanks / Like

No callback yet

Post Thanks / Like

I rang them, they knew nothing about the voucher, they asked me to email the screenshot to them.

I wonder what they will do? The paragraph about the voucher looks like a cut an paste job, as it mentions the Amazon Fire, completely out of context.

Post Thanks / Like

I rang them, they knew nothing about the voucher, they asked me to email the screenshot to them.

I wonder what they will do? The paragraph about the voucher looks like a cut an paste job, as it mentions the Amazon Fire, completely out of context.
    So annoying that they can't find info they had on their own website about a recent TSV. As it was posted here within an hour of the launch, presumably it appeared on the internet?

I don’t think the Fire mention is too random really. I think it’s just QVC cross-referencing other things they sell and pointing out if you bought the tablet and have music on it, you can now access and play it with the Echo Plus. There wasn’t a free music subscription with the Fire TSV in April so they can’t have copied and pasted from that by mistake.
    Thanks stratobuddy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

OFF-TOPIC but interesting.

Here is an email to explain, sent to Holland and Barrett, and one photo.

I am writing this as you advised me to do following my complaint by phone a few hours ago.

I am furious because a delivery driver has damaged my property while delivering ORDER NUMBER XXXXX

I have a barrier across my drive to prevent vehicles from entering, as delivery vehicles in the past have damaged the domestic-grade tarmac.

This barrier has only been there for a few months (photos later) and comprised 2 poles and a decorative red and white plastic chain.

The driver who delivered my order totally ignored the chain, and drove across my neighbour's front lawn. in order to save about a minute of his time.

When I asked him about this, he became very unpleasant. When he drove away, he deliberately drove right through the chain, breaking it into at least 8 pieces of various lengths, including individual broken links.

The chain is unrepairable. It is only available in 10 metre lengths, and it cost me £11-99. It will have to be totally replaced.

In addition to the cost, I do not have a car, and it will be extremely inconvenient to get back to the garden centre to buy another length.

I claim the £11-99 cost of the chain, and would also expect some compensation for my inconvenience, as well as the work involved in replacing the chain.

Only an incompetent driver would not realise that a chain across someone's private drive is an indication not to drive along it.

My neighbour witnessed this, and is very angry about the driver blatantly driving over his front lawn.

You told me that the courier was Yodel, and that you would pass this complaint on to them. But as you contracted Yodel, I believe that you are responsible to rectify this situation if Yodel do not.

Click to enlarge if on PC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barrier complete closeup.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	16641
    Thanks Akimbo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

OFF-TOPIC but interesting.

Here is an email to explain, sent to Holland and Barrett, and one photo.

I am writing this as you advised me to do following my complaint by phone a few hours ago.

I am furious because a delivery driver has damaged my property while delivering ORDER NUMBER XXXXX

I have a barrier across my drive to prevent vehicles from entering, as delivery vehicles in the past have damaged the domestic-grade tarmac.

This barrier has only been there for a few months (photos later) and comprised 2 poles and a decorative red and white plastic chain.

The driver who delivered my order totally ignored the chain, and drove across my neighbour's front lawn. in order to save about a minute of his time.

When I asked him about this, he became very unpleasant. When he drove away, he deliberately drove right through the chain, breaking it into at least 8 pieces of various lengths, including individual broken links.

The chain is unrepairable. It is only available in 10 metre lengths, and it cost me £11-99. It will have to be totally replaced.

In addition to the cost, I do not have a car, and it will be extremely inconvenient to get back to the garden centre to buy another length.

I claim the £11-99 cost of the chain, and would also expect some compensation for my inconvenience, as well as the work involved in replacing the chain.

Only an incompetent driver would not realise that a chain across someone's private drive is an indication not to drive along it.

My neighbour witnessed this, and is very angry about the driver blatantly driving over his front lawn.

You told me that the courier was Yodel, and that you would pass this complaint on to them. But as you contracted Yodel, I believe that you are responsible to rectify this situation if Yodel do not.

Click to enlarge if on PC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barrier complete closeup.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	16641
    Oh my goodness! I read this with my mouth open in shock! What a nasty git that driver sounds. What is wrong with some of these delivery guys? I hope Yodel fire him. You are right to point out to H&B that if Yodel won't reimburse you, they should, as the company that contracted Yodel. It's not like you are claiming hundreds of pounds - Yodel should actually be paying for someone to get you the chain and come and set it up as it was. H&B should send you a generous voucher and something for your neighbour, too.

No news from QVC about the music subscription, I take it?