Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Elise

Registered Shopper
Had one of these on hold with Hotel Chocolat. Saw them offered on QVC for the same price but with more sachets of hot choc, so ordered via QVC instead. Order was showing as awaiting stock for about a month - then without the item ever actually being shown as in stock I got a letter saying my card had been declined. Phoned CS and made payment over the phone. Item supposedly despatched on 31st Oct. No sign of it yet and no info on courier, likely arrival date or anything else. I know this comes direct from the manufacturer not QVC but there surely must be some way info 're delivery can be communicated to the customer. Starting to become suspicious as to whether it's actually been sent. Anyone else got theirs?

Last edited:
I also ordered this from QVC as it was a good deal and on easy pays. It was supposed to arrive the week beginning 22nd October and, according to my account, was dispatched on 19th. But it’s never turned up.

I’ve called Customer Services a couple of times about this, most recently yesterday, when I was told that Hotel Chocolat still hadn’t replied to their requests for information. QVC apologised and gave me the option to cancel, but I said I’d keep waiting as I love hot chocolate and the reviews are very good.

They refunded my P&P as a goodwill gesture, said they hoped to get back in touch with a revised delivery date (which would imply they suspect it was never sent out in the first place) and also suggested that I wasn’t the only customer caught up in this.

Mine arrived ok, and yes the chocolate drink does taste as good as you get on the Continent. Hope you all get yours at some point. The Velvetisers are available direct from Hotel Chocolat, but the offer was better on QVC. Perhaps due to its success it will be brought back again.

I know it's not the same, but a few months ago, I bought a milk frother from Aldi for a tenner, and before I knew about the Velvetiser and their chocolate shavings, I shaved down a bar of Thorntons chocolate and added it to the milk and frothed it up, ending up with lovely hot chocolate that was absolutely delicious. I know it's not a professional hot chocolate but hey, it was yummy just the same. :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Further to my post on 6th November, I see that QVC has further stocks of the Velvetiser, HOWEVER checking the HC website, the deal is far better on there. So check before you buy.

They've obviously realised they made a cock up with the first offer and offering too much for the money, £10 more for another twenty sachets and two ceramic cups, the second offer was what you'd pay if you bought direct. This is just another one of QVCs epic fails when it comes to selling products direct from the supplier.

Go and get yourselves a good old-fashioned tin of cocoa and some Nielsen Massey vanilla extract and give it a good ol' whisk!

I have the Dualit Milk Frother it does milk shakes,hot milk & milk frother, its about £49 from Costco, considering the Velvetiser is made by Dualit, Iam thinking you are paying a premium for the exact same thing. It has the whisk & same lid. Its only the price is a lot more.

Cheers Dawn, and welcome to the forum, that looks like a more economical alternative!

I don't need no Velvetiser bollox just my le Creuset saucepan, oat milk, sugar, and cocoa and a fork, oh and a little vanilla extract.

Sorry Julius, have to disagree. The cocoa doesn't cut it. It has to be grated chocolate to get the proper choccy drink. I've tried and paid for the best choccy powder, but its still 'watery' in comparison.

It wasn’t a TSV, the price was £104.91 inclusive of p&p, you got 30 sachets and two cups, it sold out and they now only offer 10 sachets, I would check out HC direct price.

Sorry Julius, have to disagree. The cocoa doesn't cut it. It has to be grated chocolate to get the proper choccy drink. I've tried and paid for the best choccy powder, but its still 'watery' in comparison.

I know what you mean. Sometimes a square of dark choc is good, however the reason I like the cocoa is because it's very old-fashioned and separates a bit so one has to keep stirring it. I like the slightly bitter taste too. I usually get Green & Blacks cocoa, made from some of the finest cocoa beans in Ghana.

I bought the Lidl version and have just made a lovely cup of hot chocolate with some hot chocolate nibs from Sainsbury's.

Delicious and no lumps in the bottom!

Latest posts

Back